Valued Contributor

Anyone here use a shower filter? Got any recs for good ones? I have hard water, and I've been feeling for about a week like I either need to clarify or install a filter. I'm planning on trying Apple Cider Vinegar or baking soda this week, but I'd like to install a filter too. TIA!!!

Esteemed Contributor

Sprite makes an awesome shower head filter. The one I had was a filter and massager.

You may want to look at treating the hard water from the intake. That way, all of the water is treated, nit just the shower.

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.
Valued Contributor

Thanks HonnyBrown!

Trusted Contributor

I've been using the Beauty Water one from Jonathan Products for years.

Originally joined board 12-14-2004
Super Contributor

I find I get the best results when I use an Aquasana filter along with a Vitamin C ionic shower head filter (I use a Heaven Fresh brand shower head, which is ah-mazing!). Basically, I'm filtering my water twice (but each filter does something slightly different) I have very hard, chlorinated city water, so this really helps keep my hair nice. That combo works much better than either one alone. The sprite filter is good, and a nicer size, but I prefer the Aquasana. I also have a Pelican filter in another bathroom as an alternative to my Aquasana - I would say they work about the same. Amazon has excellent prices for everything I've mentioned.

Super Contributor
I bought mine online from Filters fast.com.
Honored Contributor

Aquasana filter is the best (I've tried several). Even removes iron, not just chlorine (I don't have city water but my well water is hard and has alot of iron in it).