Trusted Contributor

Question for Wen girls and people who don't cleanse/shampoo everyday

I am trying Wen - again. This time it's Bamboo Green Tea and 613 that was the TSV, and we may have a winner! I have always washed my hair daily to get rid of the styling products and stimulate my scalp so I can wake up! My question is, if you don't wash daily, how do you style your hair each day? Between "bead head" and sweating, I wake up looking like Pee Wee Herman! If didn't wash and style my hair daily, I'd look ridiculous. I always wondered what people do who don't wash their hair daily. Do you still get it wet in the shower, or just brush it out? I'm just wondering should I ever get to the point that I don't need to cleanse everyday.
Valued Contributor

Re: Question for Wen girls and people who don't cleanse/shampoo everyday

welcome back to the world of Wen! third time is the charm for me! I usually (I say usually because occasionally I wash more often) only cleanse three times a week, Monday, Weds and Friday. In between I don't wet my hair at all, I spray RTM on and brush it out, then I usually pull it up in some sort of updo since I have long hair. RTM is really good for refreshing your style....I've managed to sometimes not have to pull my hair up on day two with it!

Trusted Contributor

It took a few months of using Wen before I could skip a day without cleansing. ( My scalp was oily when using lathering shampoo). Personally, if I get too hot at night (or if it's been a "fun" "adult time" kinda night, wink wink), I always cleanse the next morning. If I'm going to take the time to wet my hair, I'm going to cleanse it. ---------- If I'm not cleansing, I can either (1) simply brush it out or (2) spritz with the Replenishing Treatment Mist and touch up with a blow dryer (especially my bangs ). Hope that helps.
Honored Contributor

I don't work, so that really makes a difference. I do sleep on a silk pillowcase. I have below the chin layered angled bob. I also, don't use product in my hair. When I flat-iron my hair, it will stay for 3 days. I guess it depends what you do and if your hair is dirty.

Honored Contributor

I have short hair, so bed head is a standard ritual for me.

If I am just going to the gym, I will spray RTM on my hair as soon as I get up and comb my hair and put it back close to it's regular style. By the time I am done with my coffee and oatmeal, I can get my hair back into place and go to the gym.

If I am going to work or going out, I will wet my hair down in the tub and scrub my scalp to move the bed head around and then blow dry. I'll just use Texture Balm again on my bangs and if I need it, I might use Finishing Cream.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Esteemed Contributor

I cleanse twice a week and I use the replenishing mist and brush it out. Lately I've been getting better using the brush to achieve the curls like Chaz does and just like the model's hair (my hair is very much like Joy's) it stays for days.If I need a little more I either use a few drops of the glossing serum or finishing treatment if there is some frizz.
Trusted Contributor

I only cleanse once a week. Usually, if I need to do anything to it I will use a curling iron or my straightening iron. I usually put my hair up in a loose pony before going to bed, I don't if that helps or not. But even when I didn't use Wen I didn't have to wash my hair more than once a week.

Super Contributor

I think you will find as you use WEN your hair will start behaving differently. My experience was that as it got more moisturized and conditioned it didn't tangle so I didn't have much "bed head" in the morning. It has more bounce, is sleek and smooth so even if I get out in the wind I can comb my hair back into place with just my fingers without tangles.

So, as you use WEN, I think you will be surprised at how much more manageable and easy to care for your hair becomes and your bed head may not be an issue after a while.

I think it's great you are willing to try it again and found a combination that is working so good for you.

Respected Contributor

I have coarse, curly hair so I can't brush it. I put it up in a pineapple overnight, with a satin cap over it. That keeps it from getting tangled/frizzy overnight and looking great for an extra day or two...then I wear it in a ponytail for the rest of the days until my next cleanse.
Super Contributor

Lizzie, it depends on how lng your hair is and how you style. After your shampoo hair has grown out, and you're exclusive with Wen, your hair styles MUCH easier...I'm able to never use heat now...just air dry and pin up my hair at night. My hair has gone from chin length to almost my waist in 2 years now, and I just spriz with RTM (fave is bamboo for volume)before pinning up my hair at bedtime. I just unpin and comb/brush gently and shake to loosen the waves....no heat no styling time...Im done in under 3 minutes! And even if Im sick or whatever, my hair looks phenomenal! I had to go through the curling/flatiron detox first though.lol once you give that stuff up, your hair adapts in time, and styles like a dream! I promise you if my hair can do this yours can too! From the time I was little my hair was uncooperative...I only beat it when I started flatironing/curling...now I dont even need a blowdryer! So def try putting your hair up at night, and use the rtm sprays....they really give you a hair makeover while you sleep! I swear by them!