Valued Contributor

Is it possible to use too much Remoist?

I showered and cleansed after the show and decided to do an overnight remoist. I cleansed twice with BGT and then primed with BGT, worked it in, then used about 2-3 tbs of Remoist since I have thick, long hair about to my bra strap. My hair is dripping remoist LOL....so I'm wondering if maybe I didn't use too much. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Is it possible to use too much Remoist?

I use ReMoist as a leave-in. If I use too much, my hair is gummy.

When I used it as a mask after cleansing, there were no signs that I used too much.

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.
Valued Contributor

On 4/19/2014 HonnyBrown said:

I use ReMoist as a leave-in. If I use too much, my hair is gummy.

When I used it as a mask after cleansing, there were no signs that I used too much.

Awesome! You know, I used it as a leave in this week, and my hair was gummy after. Maybe I'll rinse and recleanse in the morning if it feels odd. Thanks!

Respected Contributor

I use the remoist as a treatment after I cleanse. I usually put one pump of cc in my hair as a primer for the remoist on soaking wet hair. I only use a teaspoon of remoist. I find that if I use a lot, I don't get the best results. I also don't leave it on overnight. I get better results when I only leave it in for 1-2 hours. I just rinse it out after 2 hours and style as usual.
Smiley Happy Hilary
Wen girl for 10 years!!
Valued Contributor

On 4/19/2014 Hilary77 said: I use the remoist as a treatment after I cleanse. I usually put one pump of cc in my hair as a primer for the remoist on soaking wet hair. I only use a teaspoon of remoist. I find that if I use a lot, I don't get the best results. I also don't leave it on overnight. I get better results when I only leave it in for 1-2 hours. I just rinse it out after 2 hours and style as usual.

Well we'll see how it turns out because I used 3 pumps of the 32 oz BGT to prime too. Oh well.

Esteemed Contributor

What is priming?

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.
Super Contributor

Priming is when you use a CC in your damp hair before you use remoist.
Honored Contributor

This is WAY too complicated for me!

I just use CC - two washes, rinse thoroughly. That's it.

Valued Contributor

Thank you all! I rinsed this morning and my hair actually absorbed a ton of it! My ends look a lot better today! I haven't styled yet, it's air drying now and I'll round brush with my large Wen brush in awhile. That will be the true test.