Frequent Contributor

can anybody recommend a drugstore mousse that works like the wen mousse? I love the wen mousse but sometimes I can't afford it and was wondering if anyone can recommend something that works or can be compared to the wen mousse. Thank you!

Honored Contributor

I honestly don't know of one or think there is anything that would really compare. If you think about it, because the WEN mousse is a liquid you're getting a full bottle of product whereas with the drugstore types, you aren't getting as much product for the money and would have to purchase several cans to get the amount that comes in the WEN bottle.

Frequent Contributor
On 4/18/2014 JeanLouiseFinch said:

I honestly don't know of one or think there is anything that would really compare. If you think about it, because the WEN mousse is a liquid you're getting a full bottle of product whereas with the drugstore types, you aren't getting as much product for the money and would have to purchase several cans to get the amount that comes in the WEN bottle.

Yeah I was afraid of that answer lol! I love the wen mousse but sometimes $28 sounds like a lot. I love how it creates soft curls. Oh well, as long as I have beautiful curls, I will keep buying ;-)

Thanks for your reply JeanLouiseFinch!

Respected Contributor

I have to agree then wen mousse is good as far as not feeling sticky etc.. The organiz argan oil mouse and mystic divine mousse is the best i found so far

Valued Contributor
I will echo JLF. There really is not a good comparison. I love the Wen mousse. It does seem to last a really long time. But I also understand it does cost quite a bit more, but I think it makes up for it by lasting longer. I can say before Wen I used Tresumme'. (Sorry for the spelling, I don't have any in the house to look at). I think it did a good job and didn't leave my hair crunchy. It is not as light and soft but I think next to Wen it would be a good option and is pretty affordable. I sympathize with you on cost. There was a long time when I had to really watch what I spent. And not that I don't have to now, but I've been blessed, Praise God. I don't go overboard but I am allowing myself this luxury.
Love my Wen, Love my Animals! God Bless You All!
Respected Contributor

A coworker came in with great hair the other day and she said it was Suave mousse. She said it was rated the best mousse in a magazine she read. It's dirt cheap and worth a try. If you don't like it you're only out a few dollars.

Respected Contributor

Suave Professionals Infusion Seaweed and Lotus Blossom Leave In Foam....around $4-6 at WalMart and drugstores. 28 hours of weightless body and bounce. It does work well and so does Suave Professionals Root Lifter. You can't lose much trying it.

Respected Contributor

John Frieda Full Repair Protecting Root Lift Foam

John Frieda makes one as well, but Suave has better reviews. THey are both liquid until you pump it out into a foam, like foaming hand soap does. Start with a little and work your way up. Also your hair cut may be weighing your hair down. Layers and thinning really allow for body in my super fine, super thick hair. Mine is very heavily razored and thinned into many layers into a short and messy bob. Now my hair is like Don King when I sleep with it wet. I get the same body when I blow dry even without product.

Esteemed Contributor

Suave Professionals gets great reviews on MakeupAlley.com. I would definitely try it out.

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Frequent Contributor

Thank you! I will look for these and see how it goes.