New Contributor
While I have read many comments about wen users experiencing hair loss with the product, I have never heard it discussed by Chaz or even seen many posts on this blog...has anyone experienced hair loss or heard Chaz talk about possible explanations?
Regular Contributor

sorry I've only experienced hair thickening, shine, growth and awesomeness.

Super Contributor

I've experienced hearing loss due to the thick waves of hair hanging down and blocking my ears.

Trusted Contributor

I didn't experience hair loss (thank goodness), but I did not care for WEN at all. Contrary to popular belief, everyone doesn't love it.Wink

Super Contributor

Lindamar, I'm curious....do you use Wen now or are you considering using it?

Honored Contributor

And he really shouldn't be talking about it. Some users break out when they use some products, but I've never seen a moisturizer labeled "may cause acne in some people." Some people have allergic reactions to perfume, but you don't see any perfumes labeled with "WARNING: Exposure may cause some people to sneeze."

There are some complaints about hair loss, but it's a very small population who are saying that and and there's been no actual evidence that WEN was the cause. Some people feel it was, and maybe that's the case, but some people also believe that homeopathic medicine works and there's no scientific evidence of that, either. No one has come forward with a statement by a doctor, there's been no class action lawsuit, nothing. Further, hair loss isn't permanent and doesn't serious illness or death, as do things that require warning labels.

If you're swayed by anecdotal evidence, here's mine: I've been using WEN for 3 years and paying attention to my hair loss since I started showering on my own and had to clean off the drain to keep the shower from clogging. I've always been aware of how much I see lost in every shower and I can confidently say that I'm not losing more hair in the shower and that I'm losing less hair outside of the shower. I used to pull long strands of hair off of the back of my chair or off my coat and I have been doing a lot less of that since I started using WEN.

Ultimately, believe whatever you want because when people believe something without evidence, no science will be able to prove to them that they are wrong. (See: Homeopathy, people who still think vaccines cause autism, etc). But I think that you should try it before you decide what you want to believe.

New Contributor
Here's the thing...I have been using when for years......going through a long adjustment period of learning how to use it and then finding the product and combination of products that work best for me. I am a happy Wen user...however I started noticing an increase in hair loss..no harm or foul because I have thick, thick hair. The loss has abated. By coincidence I was reading Wen product reviews and noticed more than a few reporting hair loss increases after starting Wen.........just wanted more info on this topic.
Super Contributor
On 4/18/2014 lindamar said: Here's the thing...I have been using when for years......going through a long adjustment period of learning how to use it and then finding the product and combination of products that work best for me. I am a happy Wen user...however I started noticing an increase in hair loss..no harm or foul because I have thick, thick hair. The loss has abated. By coincidence I was reading Wen product reviews and noticed more than a few reporting hair loss increases after starting Wen.........just wanted more info on this topic.
By coincidence, eh? Even bigger coincidence - Chaz is visiting this weekend and this is your first time posting! Wow!!
New Contributor
What?
Contributor

Reading this is interesting. Since I started using Wen, I have less hair loss. I used to seriously shed hair when I washed/blow dried it. Now I don't.