Trusted Contributor
I am interested in using these overnight. How can I use both if I wash once a week? What are results from each, mask for hydration and oil for scalp health? Can I use both same time, oil on scalp and mask on ends?
Respected Contributor

Re: when to use oil and mask

Yes, use both at the same time. There is a video presentation of the oil and mask. Please watch it so you get ideas about how to use the remoist and oil. You can also add CC to the remoist and oil. Be sure to wash your hair first and apply remoist and oil to your wet hair. I place my hair in a plastic cap and then cover with a pink turbie and go to bed. I rinse my hair in the morning shower and then I style as usual.

Respected Contributor

For me, I get the most benefit out of overnight treatments when I use the oil *before* my cleanse and the remoist *after* my cleanse. The oil used to treat your scalp needs to be cleansed out, but the remoist (if used on clean hair as recommended) only needs to be rinsed out. I treat my scalp and hair with the oil either at night before a planned morning cleanse or at least a few hours before I plan to cleanse at night (this is what usually happens). I also use the oil added to my leave-in CC on the length/ends of my hair, but this is more as a styling product than a treatment product.

With the remoist, I cleanse (just once with extra pumps...if I'm not using the remoist I am a 2 cleanse girl!), prime with 8 or so pumps of Fig from the 32oz bottle, work the remoist through my hair and let it air dry a bit before putting it up in a plastic shower cap for the night. Then I rinse out in the morning, apply my leave-in CC and style as usual.

I generally cleanse 1-2 times per week. I almost always do the oil treatment beforehand, but I only do the remoist when I feel like my hair needs it (every few weeks or longer in the summer). If you want to use both for each cleanse, you might explore using the oil before and the remoist after, even if that means you can't use both overnight. Putting the oil in a few hours before you cleanse or doing the oil overnight and then leaving the remoist in for at least an hour or more after you cleanse before rinsing out should work just fine.

Respected Contributor

I also use the 'before and after' method. I tend to alternate as much as I can. I also use a little oil every other night on my scalp and don't cleanse it out, though. I cleanse generally 2 times a week.

Happy WEN Girl since 1/12/2012
Esteemed Contributor

Another vote for before and after!

I cleanse twice a week. I do the oil treatments the night before each cleanse. I do the mask on the weekends.

I found that I get better moisture from the Fig CC, so I use that as my mask and the ReMoist as my leave-in.

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.
Super Contributor

I use them together, the night before an expected cleanse. Oil on the scalp, remoist through the ends. I don't always cleanse beforehand, either. Sometimes I wet my hair; other times I just make it damp with RTM.

Works great for me. In the morning, I cleanse it all out together.

Trusted Contributor

Thanks for the great replies, I will check out video and try all options. I currently am using argon oil (waiting for chaz oil) overnight before I shampoo in am. I leave my second wash cc for about an hour and rinse. Just started 613 with my 2nd wash and am looking forward to trying the mask. I have been using since chaz debuted.
Honored Contributor

I try my best (though I don't always succeed) to do either an oil treatment or remoist the night before each cleanse. In my mind the routine two overnight oil treatments followed by a remoist treatments. That said, I usually only do the overnight remoist treatment on the weekends when I can leave it in for as long as possible. So it might look more like 3 oil treatments for every remoist treatment. -- I generally cleanse my hair every 3-4 days.

-- bebe Smile

Honored Contributor

On 4/18/2014 bebe777 said:

I try my best (though I don't always succeed) to do either an oil treatment or remoist the night before each cleanse. In my mind the routine two overnight oil treatments followed by a remoist treatments. That said, I usually only do the overnight remoist treatment on the weekends when I can leave it in for as long as possible. So it might look more like 3 oil treatments for every remoist treatment. -- I generally cleanse my hair every 3-4 days.

-- bebe Smile

I think you bring up a great point! It's not necessarily how many times per week, which is how many of us think about it and which makes it difficult if you only wash your hair 1-2 times a week. It's more about how many times you do a treatment in terms of how many times you wash your hair, not how many days are in a week.

Valued Contributor

I almost always use the oil before I cleanse, which is every 2-3 days. I am hoping to try the remoist soon! But totally addicted to the oil!
Love my Wen, Love my Animals! God Bless You All!