Esteemed Contributor

My Tea Tree Treatment Oil magically disappeared. I blame my sons.

I have the Lav Treatment Oil that I use in my ReMoist.

From your experience (or any other Wenners' personal experience), will I have the same growth results with Lav as I do with the TT Oil?

Thanks in advance, all!

ps, bebe, please don't post lengthy links; I already know the instructions. My question isn't answered there.

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.
Respected Contributor
Hey HonnyBrown! I'm not sure if I can answer your question completely. I don't really consider myself an expert on which oils promote the most hair growth. I do know that all of the oils have ingredients that are known to promote hair growth. That being said, I have heard a lot of testimonials on this forum about how their hair grows really fast with the tea tree oil and/or TT cc. I guess my answer is that I think all of the oils will promote hair growth. As to how fast??? I'm not sure. I would say that you will probably get more benefits from doing scalp treatments as well as adding it in with your remoist. I hope this helps.
Smiley Happy Hilary
Wen girl for 10 years!!
Respected Contributor
I bumped up my benefits of oils thread to refresh my memory. You can always look at that thread to compare the TT and lavender oil.
Smiley Happy Hilary
Wen girl for 10 years!!
Respected Contributor
I also wanted to add that the bamboo green tea cc seems to make my hair grow faster than tea tree. I hope Chaz will create a bamboo green tea oil soon.
Smiley Happy Hilary
Wen girl for 10 years!!
Esteemed Contributor

Thanks Hilary!

I frequently refer to your ""Benefits of Oils"" thread.

I wanted to make sure I didn't lose any progress (is that even possible with Wen?) by not using the Tea Tree Oil and being out of the TT CC.

Edit: I went to get information on BGT and it was offered at a reduced price. I had to buy it!

Respected Contributor

I would expect you not to have quite the same growth benefits (esp if you're out of the TT CC too), but you can probably maintain and achieve all the other oil benefits using the Lav. So I don't think you'll lose progress but I don't think your growth will continue at the same rate as if you continued with the TT.

Another alternative would be to mix organic jojoba and TT essential oil (you can find the appropriate proportions online). That is all that was in the "old" formula WEN TT oil (the Bath, Body & Hair version that sold for $20).

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks WenGirl!

Last month, my stylist cut off my pre-Wen hair. In addition to normal growth, I have less breakage because my hair is so healthy!

Thanks for the tip on the oil mixes. I will continue to look for my TT Oil in the house; I just don't like going in the boys' hiding places.

Honored Contributor
On 4/15/2014 HonnyBrown said:

From your experience (or any other Wenners' personal experience), will I have the same growth results with Lav as I do with the TT Oil?

Thanks in advance, all!

ps, bebe, please don't post lengthy links; I already know the instructions. My question isn't answered there.

Thanks for saying that. While I very much appreciate the original thread and the effort Bebe has gone to in compiling all of that information in one place, I feel like simply copying and pasting pieces of it in every WEN question thread is the equivalent of getting a scripted response from an IT help line. Sometimes you need an answer based on actual knowledge and experience of the particular issue at hand, not the canned responses from an FAQ.

Honored Contributor
On 4/16/2014 ChynnaBlue said:
On 4/15/2014 HonnyBrown said:

Thanks in advance, all!

Thanks for saying that. While I very much appreciate the original thread and the effort Bebe has gone to in compiling all of that information in one place, I feel like simply copying and pasting pieces of it in every WEN question thread is the equivalent of getting a scripted response from an IT help line. Sometimes you need an answer based on actual knowledge and experience of the particular issue at hand, not the canned responses from an FAQ.

IMO the comment (if necessary at all, as un-wanted input can always be skipped) could have been phrased much less harshly. Don't usually see such from one Wenner to another.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Esteemed Contributor

Right Chynna. It also takes time to compile that information. Maybe bebe has a lot of it to spare. If I am posting a request for personal responses, the links are useless. Or do like Hilary did, and bump another thread.

Drythe, in no way was I being harsh.