Occasional Contributor

I love Chaz Dean and his WEN products, though I cannot afford all of the ones he says we NEED to use! He said recently he won't make a hair spray because they contain alcohol, but...his Volumizing Styling Sprays contain alcohol! So what's the difference???

Honored Contributor

I don't see any difference. I use the Volumizing Treatment Spray as a hair spray and I have no idea why he says that about alcohol in hair spray when it's the main ingredient in the VTS. (In at least one - I think another lists water first, then alcohol.) I feel like that's the reason he should give - that he doesn't make a hair spray because he makes the VTS.

Trusted Contributor

yes there's alcohol in the VTS but Chaz also added witch hazel to the formula so it isn't an all alcohol based formula. The VTS can be used on wet hair for volume and it can be used on dry hair as a finishing spray.

live....laugh....love
Valued Contributor
There are different types of alcohol that are used in everything. The alcohol in the VTS is not as drying as traditional sprays. Besides the VTM acts as a hair spray, try it.
Respected Contributor

Since I started using the VTS as a finishing spray, I don't see any need for hairspray. This stuff HOLDS! And it doesn't take much, either.

Honored Contributor

No difference at all. Perhaps he'll read this and come up with a better excuse now that he's been caught....lol

Valued Contributor

This stuff is Wenderful!!...I recently bought this instead of hairspray and wonder WHY i waited so long!...It holds great and it leaves NO residue like white flakes in my hair..Yesterday i added the glossing oil to my longish hair and this mist and let it dry wavy and i love this look!.My husband did to!.Only possible for me with these Wen products!

Valued Contributor
Love the VTS. I use it mixed in with SC and on my finished look. I like that my hair holds but isn't as stiff like when I used hairspray. Glad I tried it!
Love my Wen, Love my Animals! God Bless You All!