Occasional Contributor

Guthy Renker/QVC/ChazDean.com

I have been going back through old WEN posts trying to learn all I can and I came across a Re-Moist thread that mentioned the Re-Moist from GR was different than the one from the Q. I was surprised by this and it got me wondering if there are differences in all the WEN products depending on where you purchase it from.

I originally got into WEN through the special introductory offer from GR. I read some horror stories about them, but I figured as long as I watch my bank account pretty closely (which I do anyways) I should be fine. Plus a lot of the complaints were from people not reading the fine print where it clearly states you are signing up for automatic reorders, not understanding the pricing, and not realizing you can go right online and change the frequency of shipments. So far I haven't had any issues and their customer service has been fairly decent. I have never ordered from the Q, although there are a few things I'm going to order as soon as the funds are there Smiley Happy, and I have never ordered from Chaz's website. I have ordered a few items off of ebay, but only from sellers who are top rated and have sold a lot of items (so far no issues there either).

I'm wondering if anyone has ordered from a few different places and noticed any differences? Am I not getting the same quality product from GR that I could be getting from the Q? Thanks for any replies! Smiley Happy

Super Contributor

Re: Guthy Renker/QVC/ChazDean.com

The Fig cleansing conditioner from GR/Sephora smells much much better than the qvc/chaz one, and it works the same on my hair. The remoist from Guthy Renker is absolutely useless in my opinion, and has completely different ingredients than the qvc/chaz one. That's all I can comment on - but others will probably have more facts.

Occasional Contributor

I forgot it is also sold at Sephora. I haven't priced their WEN items out yet. Hmmm. I'm sad to hear the RM from Guthy isn't as good since I'm getting it in my next kit (one of those items that gets thrown in with the CC's). I'll have to order some from the Q and compare.

Super Contributor

Some people think the GR remoist works fine, but for me, it does not (which is unfortunate, because the price is really good!). Sephora is priced high, but sometimes I get the fig cc there if I'm running low and need it right away. I still think qvc TSVs are the most cost efficient way to get WEN, but if you use one of the GR cores, maybe their price is better. Now I'm intrigued lol!

Super Contributor

On 4/15/2014 Happy Elizabeth said:

The Fig cleansing conditioner from GR/Sephora smells much much better than the qvc/chaz one, and it works the same on my hair. The remoist from Guthy Renker is absolutely useless in my opinion, and has completely different ingredients than the qvc/chaz one. That's all I can comment on - but others will probably have more facts.

The G-R formulas are slightly different for the international market. Chaz has said that he worked extra hard to make sure they are still up to snuff and worthy of his label. If you don't like the G-R, blame Chaz. {#emotions_dlg.devil2}

Occasional Contributor

I'm still really new to WEN and I'm not sure I'm getting that great of a deal with GR. In the kit I receive two 16oz CC's and normally two other items that you choose, either RM, RTM, SC, GS, or 613. They do not offer the oils as far as I know. They break it down into three payments of $29.95. The first payment includes the shipping so it's a little higher than $29.95. I think it's around $32 something. The total price for the kit is around $96 I believe (this includes shipping). I think the Q is definitely cheaper on some things, but other things they are higher priced on. I had a chance to watch one of the shows for WEN on QVC and they had some really great deals (is that what everyone means when they say TSV?). I'm going to do a little more price research before canceling the GR account.

Super Contributor

I have actually ordered from all three places. I started out using Wen from GR and never had any issues. The formula is different, but still works well IMO (seems to have more menthol than QVC version though). They didn't have all the other products at the time, so I can't speak to those. I only canceled with GR because it is difficult to get what you want, when you want it. As far as Chazdean.com, he doesn't charge shipping for orders over $100 or tax (at least here in FL) so that's an advantage. QVC has easy-pay which comes in handy for the TSV/larger kits.

Super Contributor

I never order from G-R because I had a terrible experience with them a few years back with a different product (the mineral makeup they sell--Sheer Cover? or something like that). Anyway, my bad experience had nothing to do with my failure to read the fine print and everything to do with their insistence on making it as difficult as possible to cancel the auto-orders. So, as tempted as I sometimes am to try WEN through them, I won't do it.

But it's interesting to hear of others' experiences. I keep checking out the local TJ Maxx and Marshall's in the hope of finding some WEN there; I know others have. (But no luck at all at mine!)

Esteemed Contributor

I love GR! They are my primary source for Wen. I order the 32 ounce sizes or the CC kits from QVC.

I have used ReMoist both from GR and from QVC. I prefer the GR ReMoist because the moisture lasts longer, and it makes my hair very soft.

My first order from GR, I used a Visa gift card. I read too many negative reviews about Wen and GR (including how it turned someone's braces green), but I personally have had nothing but good experiences with them.

If you cancel your account, you can always reactivate it. Also, their awesome Customer Service is very accommodating if you need to change your autodelivery or your kits or anything.

The CCs work the same. GR has better pricing (after all of their discounts and promotions), but QVC offers more products and sizes.

With GR, I have gotten 12 ounce CC freebies, free shipping for life, and various promotions and discounts.

My (minor) complaint about GR: my second review on a Wen product, I gave it 5 stars. When I looked at it later, I was considered a "Top 500 Reviewer." After 2 reviews?

You can always call the salon and ask about the differences in the products. I posted the question on their FB page, and they removed it.

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.
Respected Contributor

The remoist is different through GR than QVC. I have also noticed that the lavender cc from GR is soy based. The QVC version of lavender is wheat based. I'm sure there are probably other differences, but these are the only ones I have noticed myself.
Smiley Happy Hilary
Wen girl for 10 years!!