Regular Contributor

the secret to wen is really just the leave in ?

Ive been using wen for a few months now and I notice if I ever forget the leave in my hair is every bit as dry and frizzy as if I used shampoo. Im thinking the real difference is mainly the leave in . Wonder what would happen if someone using shampoo just did leave in with regular conditioner ?

Im going to stick with it awhile longer and see if I get any improvement. It seemed like it worked great at first now second day is not looking so good .

Esteemed Contributor

Re: the secret to wen is really just the leave in ?

For my hair, I use a leave-in every time I wash. Prior to Wen, I used Pantene Curly shampoo, rinse out conditioner, and I used the rinse out conditioner as a leave-in.

With Wen, after my final cleanse, I use either ReMoist or a pump of the Fig Cleansing Conditioner as a leave-in.

That's what my hair needs.

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.
Respected Contributor

I don't think the secret to WEN is just leave-in. There's the non-lathering which stops the hair breaking down and breaking off, the ingredient deck, the continued and scrutinized quality level of those ingredients over time and the instructions we have for how to use the product. Not to mention the full range of styling products which enable us not to undo the benefits we receive from using WEN.

There are many leave-ins on the market and I do think some people experience good results with them as opposed to no leave-in at all. However, a lot of the damage is already done with the shampooing.

There are a few posts regarding second day hair and what people have that issue have done. Some other posters might comment on it. I don't have the issue, so that part I can't comment on.

Happy WEN Girl since 1/12/2012
Regular Contributor

Ok well that's good to know I'll keep with it and see How my hair does
Esteemed Contributor

4321, which formula are you using? Is it the right one for your hair? That can make a difference.

If you don't want to use a leave-in, you may want to try a formula with more moisture; but like KJ said, the CCs are made to be a leave-in (instructions).

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.
Super Contributor

I have wavy hair on the coarse side. Don't use a leave in. Use oil the night before, 2 kinds of CC, then styling cream. Silky hair, best hair I have ever had. A WEN convert.
Super Contributor

I get flyaways from certain formulas (such as POM and WCM). When I started using WEN, I didn't do the leave-in. I still had terrific hair. So--I think the real difference is in finding the right formula, which can take some trial and error.

Frequent Contributor

I don't think so. I rarely use the leave-in and I never really have frizzy hair.

Frequent Contributor

On 4/15/2014 glitzandglam said:

I get flyaways from certain formulas (such as POM and WCM). When I started using WEN, I didn't do the leave-in. I still had terrific hair. So--I think the real difference is in finding the right formula, which can take some trial and error.

I agree. I have tried them all, except for Fig. BGT is my holy grail!

Honored Contributor

I use much less Wen than most people. I have thin/fine, shoulder length hair and I usually use 5-7 pumps (from a 16oz. bottle). Occasionally I'll just do a quick cleanse with 2 pumps of the CC and no leave-in. That's about a stripped down as I think you can get. While this doesn't leave my hair as bouncy, my hair still looks better than it ever did with shampoo. It's still pretty shiny with no split ends or a static electricity feeling. My hair is a bit frizzier, but much less than it had been with a regular brand shampoo and conditioner (which would weigh my hair down, leave it greasy & frizzy).

That said, the Wen leave-in mixture is always a good idea.

-- bebe Smile