New Contributor

Can't get pump on bottle to work/pump?

Is there a secret to getting the pump for the Wen bottle to work? I've had 2 different shipments, and have yet to get it to pump at all. I know this sounds crazy Smiley Sad I tighten the pump onto the bottle and it won't pump. So I try to twist the pump part around as if I was unscrewing it, and the entire pump comes unscrewed from the bottle. I just can't get this thing to pump. So frustrating. Help!!! Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Re: Can't get pump on bottle to work/pump?

Make sure the straw is securely inserted in pump part of the assembly. Holding the ring in one hand, undo the pump part, so it pops up, before putting the straw part in the bottle. Holding the bottle in one hand and only the attachment ring in the other, tighten it down. Because the cleansing conditioner is thick, it takes several pumps for it to start drawing up the straw.

Honored Contributor

Some of these babies just don't work. It isn't necessarily you. I've learned over the years to save old pumps from any product I plan on reordering. I've had this problem with Wen and Isomers, among others.

Honored Contributor

You may want to give Chaz's studio a call. There's more information on their hours of operation in the Chaz Dean Salon customer information: 323-467-6444 & links listed in QVC broadcasts thread.

-- bebe

Contributor

I have to 'open'/twist the pump before I put it in the bottle. I read that some where. Then, no problem.
Regular Contributor

Sometimes I have to take the pump out of the bottle, clean it off, and twist it, then reinsert back into the bottle.

Super Contributor

Open it before you put it in the bottle. It sometimes takes a couple of tries.

Someone here said one should save old pumps, so that's what I'm doing--just to be on the safe side. (You should also save your bottle caps so you can use them to get the bottom of the bottle out--pump technology isn't that great!)

Frequent Contributor

I un-twist the pump before I ever insert it into the bottle.

Honored Contributor

On 4/14/2014 cnd8 said:

I un-twist the pump before I ever insert it into the bottle.

Yep! This works for me.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Esteemed Contributor

On 4/13/2014 depglass said:

Some of these babies just don't work. It isn't necessarily you. I've learned over the years to save old pumps from any product I plan on reordering. I've had this problem with Wen and Isomers, among others.

I was going to suggest this. This was a tip I got from the Wenners here.

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.