Valued Contributor

For Those Who Have Used WEN for a Year or More....

Do you find that WEN still works as well as it did when you first started using it? I am very new to WEN and am loving how my hair is looking and feeling. Just wondering if it continues to work just as well after using it for a long period of time. Thanks for your responses!!

Frequent Contributor

Re: For Those Who Have Used WEN for a Year or More....

Yes. My hair has never been better. I used to struggle to make 10 weeks between my hair trims due to damage. However, now I can go like 3-4 months. There simply is no damage. My hair has never been smoother, shinier, and healthier. Seriously. And I am one of the most frugal people I know. I will pay for Wen though!

Respected Contributor

The job of WEN just changes, not the performance. Right away, my hair looked better and better. It became moisturized, I had no new split ends. I quit shedding like a dog. Then it became thicker, then longer. Due to normal growth patterns, this became the cycle of every 8 weeks or so. I also continued trimming the ragged old ends. Even with trimming the growth in length was great. Now most of my old ends are gone ( a little over two years)' so I have mainly a New head of hair. It continues to be in great shape. I can hold the hair up and see that it does not narrow at the ends anymore due to stripping. I have 2 minute styling in the morning. Which I have always wanted, and I am no longer tied to a curling iron. I used mine once in Feb. and once last around Dec 1. I would not go back to shampoo for the world.
Happy WEN Girl since 1/12/2012
Honored Contributor

I've been using WEN CC (assorted formulas) exclusively for about 2.5 yrs. and still love it as much today as I did in the beginning. My hair is better condition and I've been able to grow it longer than it's been in years. I've been trying to be more faithful with my overnight oil treatments and it's paying off - I'm seeing some new growth.

Respected Contributor

I have been using Wen for over a year and a half. I think my hair is in better condition now than when I started Wen, and it was great then. It keeps getting better and better. I love to experiment with the cc's and styling products. I love how everything works together.
Smiley Happy Hilary
Wen girl for 10 years!!
Honored Contributor

I'm coming up on two years and it still works great for me.

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

Yes, I'm on year three or four now.

If WEN does start performing differently, check to see what other products you are using or have changed. If you use non-WEN styling products that have water insoluble silicones, you can end up getting buildup that WEN won't remove and neither will a sulfate-free shampoo. It pays to read labels. Identifying water insoluble silicones is tricky because some become soluble when combined with different ingredients elsewhere in the listing, but learning how to identify and avoid them is worth it. There are all kinds of lists and sources online, but I've not found one comprehensive list - you have to piece the info together on your own.

Esteemed Contributor

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup} I have been using it since Chaz came to the Q and I wouldn't dare use anything else. I'm 76 or 77 ..loll and my hair has never been better ...or longer I might add. It did take a while to get to know how to use it best for my own hair.

All my life I wanted long hair.I'm a natural blonde and it just never grew past my shoulders.It must have been breaking off because it is really long now.

In fact,you might see my WARNING post here because it got so long it got sucked up into the back end of a hair dryer while I was drying my dogs hair.

So , to answer your question, YES, I still love WEN and have used it for all the yrs Chaz has been here and it still works very good for me.{#emotions_dlg.wub}

Regular Contributor

Just keeps getting better and better each year! I'm on year 2. : )

Valued Contributor

Thank you for all your responses! I'm so glad WEN just continues to make hair better and better!