Honored Contributor

how do you like the Wen Glossing Serum?

I don't use the Glossing Serum (GS) , but I'm curious as to what people think about it and if they use as part of their daily hair care routine.

Initially, a lot of people really seemed to really like it. The Wen GS even beat out the Wen SC at QVC last year for Best Styling Product.

Later on, I started reading more posts from Wenners about the GS being too drying on their hair and these days no one really talks about it much.

The 2oz. Wen Glossing Serum was just added to the latest New Beauty Test Tube, so it's a great opportunity to try the GS as part of a kit. -- The Wen Glossing Serum Duo, 2oz ( A234652 ) is currently available at a $32.72 featured price, so one GS would run you about $16.25 plus S&H. For $13.75 more you get to try 7 other beauty products in addition to the GS.

-- bebe Smile

--

New Beauty 8-Piece Test Tube with Magazine Auto-Delivery

( A258444 ) -- $29.96

--

Honored Contributor

Re: how do you like the Wen Glossing Serum?

I've found it to be no different than much cheaper glossing serums from the drugstore, aside from the lovely smell. I've bought at least 6 different glossing serums and sprays over the years because I always thought one would be better and really work to add shine and prevent frizz without weighing hair down. None of them were any better than the last. If you want to try it, you might want to get an inexpensive drugstore version and see if you like that, first. You might want to keep using that or upgrade to WEN, but the only real benefit of the WEN upgrade is the scent for a big cost upgrade.

Pantene, John Freida Frizz-Ease and Got2B make serums that retail for about $8.

Esteemed Contributor

I love it and wouldn't be without it. I use two pumps with my sc before drying my hair and carry one with me to tame any frizzys. The bottles last forever too, I think the two I have are from last March, one is almost full and the other has quite a bit still in it. I have not experienced any drying from it and it's part of my routine, another one of my Wen must haves.
Respected Contributor

I use the glossing serum occasionally. I do not find it to be drying. I do however think that sometimes it weighs down my hair if I use too much. I also think that it does weigh down my second day hair more than the oils. I do think it does a great job of smoothing the hair, adding shine, and helping with tangles. Lately, I have been alternating between the serum and the oils. I think the serum works great, just be careful not to use too much. For me, the oils work about as well as the serum.
Smiley Happy Hilary
Wen girl for 10 years!!
Respected Contributor

They smell good but organix serum works just as well

Honored Contributor

I just received my order on Friday (the same day I had my hair cut and colored), so I am new to the GS. I have wanted to try it for a while because I can't get the SC to work for me. I am still working out the amounts for my hair, but so far, so good. It's a keeper.

I have very short hair when it is first cut, so I have to figure out the amounts as I go along.

I did hear Chaz say a few visits ago that the Lavender SC (and one other, I forget the other but I wrote it down) were "lighter" in texture and so I have also ordered the Lavender SC in a set and the 613 SC in another set. I will be trying those to see if there's a difference for me. Otherwise, I will just stick with the mousse and the GS.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Respected Contributor

I was one who found it to be drying. However, then I used it on blow dried hair and had no issues at all. So for me, for some reason I just couldn't use it on my hair wet. I recently cut a half inch if old hair off, though and am wondering if I might experience WEN Kids and BGT differently now without the damaged ends. I may give the GS in wet hair a try again, as well.
Happy WEN Girl since 1/12/2012
Super Contributor

I love the glossing serum! I don't find it to be drying like cheap serums. The other thing I like about is that after I apply it, it rinses off my hands easily. Some serums are impossible to wash off your hands!
Contributor

I adore the Glossing Serum and will never be without it! I use 2-3 pumps mixed with a small amount of SAM CC on wet hair as my leave in. Makes my very thick hair soft and so managable!!! I've tried lots of different serums, and this is by FAR superior.

Trusted Contributor

The WEN glossing serum performs the same as the Ion Silk Drops glossing serum I purchased at Sally Beauty Supply. The Ion Silk Drops product is 1/4 the price of the WEN glossing serum.

You are paying for the WEN brand name and if that is important to you, knock yourself out, but the glossing serum isn't 'all that'.