Honored Contributor

Wen - BGT gallons are available

BTG CC just became available in the gallon size at Chaz's site for $256 (it wasn't there yesterday). The Core & Kids gallons are $210 while the 613 gallons are $285. -- FYI Chaz charges more for the gallons on his site. Last year, the Core & Kids gallons were $177 during QVC June Gallons Month. The 613 gallons were available for two days in the middle of September and were priced at $199. It's likely these prices will be slightly higher in June.

It's interesting that the BTG gallon price is in between the Core/Kids and 613 gallons. Maybe the ingredients cost more.

In any case, this bodes well for June BGT gallons!!!

-- bebe Smile

---

FYI, this is the link to the Wen TSVs going back to December 2009 -- items in TSV kits and prices thread. It contains more information about previous years' prices for the Wen gallons.

---

{#emotions_dlg.lol} the proof is in the gallon... {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

-

Bamboo Green Tea Cleansing Conditioner - 1 Gallon

--

Respected Contributor

Re: Wen - BGT gallons are available

Frankly, I was disgusted when I saw that earlier. Yes, I know prices are higher on Chaz's website but if the BGT is a core formula, then there is no reason to price it higher. I hope that the price is the same as the regular core formulas and not at an increased price. It would make no sense since the smaller bottles have remained the same.

There is a point when enough is enough. I only hope Chaz Dean and QVC are listening or considering how inflating prices even more will result in negative customer satisfaction and lower sales. Many of you complain about QVC's shipping charges. I only hope you make it loud and clear how you feel if Wen prices increased on QVC.

BTW, QVC reduced the shipping for the Wen gallons in June 2013 as compared to the shipping charges in June 2012. This was also reflected in the June 2013 Insider which came out in (May 2013)and everyone wanted to know if the reduced shipping would also be available to the public in June 2013 which it was made available to everyone.

Respected Contributor

Thanks bebe777!!
Smiley Happy Hilary
Wen girl for 10 years!!
Respected Contributor

The range of prices the gallons are offered for on Chaz's site is wider than on the Q. Unless, they widen the range and raise prices this June & Sept, it seems silly to price BGT at $189 smack dab in the middle. Also having 613 in Sept, makes sense bc some will order core and 613 and need a breather in between. Makes you wonder if Chaz would move BGT to Sept also.
Happy WEN Girl since 1/12/2012
Valued Contributor

I am not sure why BGT would be priced higher in the gallon... The price for the 32oz bottle is the same as all the other core formulas. I can't imagine it had anything to do with being rice based as all the kids formulas are and they are not anymore expensive than the core formulas. The only thing I can really think of is the addition of the four tea complex... I just cannot see Chaz coming on QVC and trying to explain why he would be charging more for one core formula than another. I am thinking on QVC he would set a price for the core formulas and stick with it. Smiley Happy
Super Contributor

I am in essence a small (micro-lol) manufacturer and deal with costs of materials so I have a different perspective on pricing. I have had to make a business decision whether to keep prices same & lower quality of some components or maintain my level of quality & raise prices. My decision was to maintain a higher quality. In that vein, I would rather pay more for a product that maintains it's quality than buy a product that has cut quality to maintain prices. That's just my personal choice, and I realize I'm probably in the minority.
Honored Contributor

At $256 I might as well just keep my TSV AD. If sure makes the value if the spring TSV even better. I like BGT but not enough to pay an extra 46 dollars for a gallon of it over the kids and core formulas. I was possibly considering a gallon of BGT this year too.

I wonder if Chaz will be doing the Mother's Day sale this year?

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Respected Contributor

On 3/30/2014 okiebug said: I am in essence a small (micro-lol) manufacturer and deal with costs of materials so I have a different perspective on pricing. I have had to make a business decision whether to keep prices same & lower quality of some components or maintain my level of quality & raise prices. My decision was to maintain a higher quality. In that vein, I would rather pay more for a product that maintains it's quality than buy a product that has cut quality to maintain prices. That's just my personal choice, and I realize I'm probably in the minority.

I think we all understand that but how do you account for the same pricing for the 32oz of BGT with the other Core Formulas? It's $46 more on Chaz's site than the other Core Formulas. It clearly would be a wiser move to keep the pricing the same especially since they make a killing already.

I don't think keeping the pricing status quo will affect the quality. Are you aware of the profit margins?

Respected Contributor

On 3/30/2014 jaxs mom said:

At $256 I might as well just keep my TSV AD. If sure makes the value if the spring TSV even better. I like BGT but not enough to pay an extra 46 dollars for a gallon of it over the kids and core formulas. I was possibly considering a gallon of BGT this year too.

I wonder if Chaz will be doing the Mother's Day sale this year?

The QVC BGT Gallon will not be $256. That's the price on the Chaz Dean Website. The TSVs are absolutely the way to go. However, I am a fan of the gallons if you really like the CC because the bigger pumps make it much easier for those with long hair.

Super Contributor

I like the gallons. I don't use everything that comes in the tsv's in the way he and Q package it or if I run out of something I don't want to order more product if I know I have an auto-delivery coming. I also don't like messing with the suto-delivery schedules, I have seen people have too many issues.