Regular Contributor

Bamboo Green Tea vs Tea Tree

I got and used the BGT tsv this morning. I found it to be drying but love the scent. I love TT on the scalp but the scent is a little over powering for using all over.

My question is since they both have tea as an ingredient can the BGT be used on the scalp as a replacement for TT with the same results.

Super Contributor

Re: Bamboo Green Tea vs Tea Tree

Green tea and tea tree essential oil are completely different. Tea tree oil is extracted from the Melaleuca tree found in Australia, not the plant that green and black tea comes from. Green tea has anti-oxidants and other healthy properties, but not the same as tea tree oil.

If the scent of tea tree is too strong alone, try using it just on your scalp, then another cc on the rest of your hair. That would dilute the scent and still get the benefits on your scalp.

Regular Contributor

Thank you for answering my question.

Honored Contributor

Personally I'd stick with TT for the scalp. It's my HG. Love the results and all the new hair I'm growing.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Esteemed Contributor

I've read that some Wenners lover TT for growth, and consider BGT as TT on steroids for growth or something like that.

I'm interested in a comparison of the two.

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.
Super Contributor

I wish Chaz would make Tea tree and Fig gluten free. I love the 613 and BGT, but the Fig and the 613 would be great for my hsir I think. I never did try Tea Tree, before I got dx'd with Celiac DH
Super Contributor

Does anyone know if tea tea tree oil and all the oils are gluten free?
Super Contributor

Does BGT have oil and styling cream?
Respected Contributor

On 6/9/2014 SiameezeLover! said: Does BGT have oil and styling cream?

We haven't seen any products in BGT yet except the CC and the RTM. As for whether any of the oils are gf, you should call the salon and ask them to be sure. Although I assume the danger of using a wheat-based CC for you is accidentally ingesting it during use, right? That seems much less likely to happen with the oils.

Contributor

I wish they had a BGT oil and styling cream..Alot of us have been begging on FB for them..