Super Contributor

Results from the Shea Terra Mud Poo

So, I received my Clementine scented Mud poo from Shea Terra Organics. First you have to shake the bottle vigorously for like 3 to 5 minutes to get the mud mixed off the bottom of the bottle. I wet hair thoroughly added like 7 pumps of the mud poo which smelt very much like a clementine, then scrubbed into hair like I would my wen, let sit for 5 minutes. Then rinsed, and rinsed, and rinsed and rinsed! I have short hair and I think I rinsed for 10 minutes! My hair did not feel at all nice and slippy clean and light like with wen. It felt coated still after all the rinsing. I can not imagine anyone with long hair using this they would never have gotten a comb through after. I blew dry and hair still felt coated or heavy. And after all that, I do have a pretty nice hair do today, lots of body, does not feel dirty but does not feel the " clean" I get with wen. Not greasy or really heavy now that its dry and feels soft to touch but its like I added styling putty. And it's mud so anywhere the water splashed in my shower while I cleansed was covered in mud. So, while my hair does not really look or feel horrid after all that, I do not think I will repeat the experience, wen absolutely with out a doubt is my cleanser of choice and mud poo not so much.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Results from the Shea Terra Mud Poo

Thanks for posting your review!

Despite all the good reviews I've read and heard about mud washes, I've never tried them. I can't see how mud would clean my hair.

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.