Regular Contributor

OT- should I get a clarisonic?

I am seriously considering getting one because of all the wonderful things I keep hearing about them. I have never seen a presentation on them, just keep reading about people who love it on these forums. Is it like an exfoliant you use few times a week with a cleanser? Or gentle enough for everyday? Why do you love yours, and how do you use it? Do you have to wash your face first? Do they ever offer them as a TSV? If so, how often? Should I wait for that? Is it a huge price difference? It seems the Q offers different ones. What are the differences? Thanks in advance! I know I have a lot of questions Smiley Happy
Super Contributor

Re: OT- should I get a clarisonic?

Hey, Fluffy!

"Is it like an exfoliant you use few times a week with a cleanser?" -- No, it's not an exfoliating tool. I've used a Neutrogena one where you put a scrubbie pad on it and the pad spins around and scrubs off your skin. This isn't like that at all. On a Clarisonic the brush vibrates and pushes the water and cleanser into your skin, flushing out your pores. There's no scrubbing at all, and you just move the brush around your face gently, not in a scrubbing motion.

"Or gentle enough for everyday?" -- Absolutely, unless you're sensitive to it for some reason, which some people are.

"Why do you love yours, and how do you use it?" -- When I wear sunscreen it really helps me to scrape it out of my pores, but even when I'm not wearing sunscreen I use it daily on my nose and chin because that's where I have what I call "nightmare pores" because they love to become crammed full of crud every chance they get.

"Do you have to wash your face first?" -- If you have a full face of make up or some heavy sunscreen on then you need to remove that first using whatever makeup remover you usually use. If not, then I don't think you need to wash your face first because you the Clarisonic will essentially spread cleanser all over your face and use it to flush out your pores, so there's no need to pre-wash.

"Do they ever offer them as a TSV? If so, how often?" -- Yes, twice a year during specific months, but I forget what months. You could call CS and they'd tell you.

"Should I wait for that? Is it a huge price difference?" -- I don't remember the prices. I could check my past orders and tell you, but I'm too lazy. :-)

"It seems the Q offers different ones. What are the differences?" -- There's a big one that you can put a big brush on to use on your body. I think this is pointless, but I've never tried it, so what do I know. I have the small one (the Mia) which you can put all the brushes on except for the big body brush. The Mia is just as good as the big one, and maybe better because it's smaller. That's just my opinion. The big one also comes with a handle you can attach so you can access those "hard to reach places." For me, this doesn't make sense, because there are no other parts of my body beside my face that need the kind of cleansing the Clarisonic provides. As I said, it flushes out your pores with the vibration; it's not a scrubber or an exfoliator, so it seems pointless to me use it on other areas, though other people who have done so could perhaps explain why this is a great thing.

I think you should get one. It feels really good using it and I like using it a lot!

Respected Contributor

The price for the Mia2 is around $130 on 5 easy pays. They also offer 5 easy pays for the Clarisonic Plus. When they offer the TSV they also send the unit with Philosophy or Peter Thomas Roth. That's how I got sold on PTR. The Plus TSV also includes the body brush attachment. I would stick with the Mia2. It is so great, I thought I needed the Plus, but the results are not nearly as amazing as the Mia2.
Happy WEN Girl since 1/12/2012
Respected Contributor

per our family doctors suggestion I got the Oil of Olay facial cleansing brush and love it. I keep forgetting but our family doctor, his wife is either a derm doctor or a nutritionist and his sister is the other and it is one of them that told him to suggest to any of his patients that ask what to use, use the Oil of Olay one as both of them do. I was on the fence with the Clarisonic till talking to him and got the oil of olay a few months ago and love it. I do use the Skinn dermapeel twice a week as well as the Skinn AM and Pm cleansers and love this routine so, give the oil of olay one a try, can't beat the price and works very nicely, JMO

Honored Contributor

I've quit using mine and got a foreo luna which is silicone and you never have to replace brushes or worry about cleaning the brush well enough. It's amazing and actually does cleanse way better.

Trusted Contributor

I am one of the few that cannot use the Clarisonic. I had a Mia, used a couple of times, and it took me two weeks to repair the damage. I have 78-year-old very sensitive skin, and despite my caution with directions to barely touch my face, it resulted in red, burning, irritated skin. Sure wish I could use one since I constantly hear such good things, but it's just one of those things that is not for me.

Contributor

I would highly recommend getting a Clarisonic (or something similar.) I use mine 3X/week, and my skin feels so renewed afterwards.

Super Contributor

I have been using one for years, and my face just feels smoother and cleaner without feeling dry and tight.

I used to get a lot of build up in my pores - particularly on my nose, and have noticed a significant change in size.

No, it hasn't given me poreless skin, but I think it has improved it.

Michele

Super Contributor

I have the Mia and like it, it's never irritated my skin and I even use the deep pore cleanser brush, I'm 65 so my skin isn't young, LOL! I did start out with the sensitive brush.
Respected Contributor

I just ordered the Mia 2 on 5 easy pays. This will be my first time trying it. I have heard lots of great reviews on the Clarisonic. I can't wait to get it.
Smiley Happy Hilary
Wen girl for 10 years!!