Contributor

Just a naïve question, ladies. Why would I spend such an exorbitant amount of money on a shampoo when the presenter always has stringy, greasy hair? Questionable spokesperson. And I have noticed that the QVC models they use are obviously professionally styled because I never see them looking that way again on normal, non-WEN days. Just asking.

Occasional Contributor
I can't guess which presenters you're talking about. I usually like their hair. I can only suggest you try it. Expensive, yes. The savings come when you find you need to wash your hair less often. I do wish I had somebody in my bathroom who could blow dry my hair for me, but even my awful hair looks SO much better.
Trusted Contributor

OP is referring to Chaz, not the host.

Honored Contributor

Just asking? Really? Funny, I don't see the OP's question as naive at all, but rather someone with an agenda wanting to stir the pot since this is the SECOND time she's started a thread on the topic.

http://community.qvc.com/forums/beauty-banter/topic/210797/postid/4151678/re-wen-how-good-is-it-and-...

But to answer the questions....

1. WEN is NOT Shampoo!
2. When you consider how many products the Cleansing Conditioner replaces, the cost really isn't all that exorbitant - especially when you are able to get on a cleansing schedule of just a few times a week.
3. The "presenter/spokesperson" - aka Chaz Dean, creator of WEN, is not questionable at all. He has a definite philosophy about hair care and a commitment to using quality skincare type ingredients. I may not agree with everything about him, but I do believe he's honest, genuine, and has integrity.
4. Chaz' hair is not greasy. It's very soft and fine. I think the cameras are deceiving because he's got highlights and the combination of his coloring and texture plus the lighting on the set, it's likely to come across in looking greasy when it's not.
5. The models' hair....No one is trying to deceive. When the models' pictures are shown, there is a caption that says "professionally styled". During the WEN shows, the models get their hair pinned up when they're off camera to keep the style in for when they go back on camera. I doubt that they do this when they're on for another vendor. Could a user do that at home if they wanted to? Of course, and many users do something to hold a style while they're sleeping. No one is inferring that someone will use WEN on Day One, go to bed, and wake up with beautifully styled hair and no bedhead/pillowhead.

Trusted Contributor
On 2/4/2014 JeanLouiseFinch said:

Just asking? Really? Funny, I don't see the OP's question as naive at all, but rather someone with an agenda wanting to stir the pot since this is the SECOND time she's started a thread on the topic.

http://community.qvc.com/forums/beauty-banter/topic/210797/postid/4151678/re-wen-how-good-is-it-and-...

But to answer the questions....

1. WEN is NOT Shampoo!
2. When you consider how many products the Cleansing Conditioner replaces, the cost really isn't all that exorbitant - especially when you are able to get on a cleansing schedule of just a few times a week.
3. The "presenter/spokesperson" - aka Chaz Dean, creator of WEN, is not questionable at all. He has a definite philosophy about hair care and a commitment to using quality skincare type ingredients. I may not agree with everything about him, but I do believe he's honest, genuine, and has integrity.
4. Chaz' hair is not greasy. It's very soft and fine. I think the cameras are deceiving because he's got highlights and the combination of his coloring and texture plus the lighting on the set, it's likely to come across in looking greasy when it's not.
5. The models' hair....No one is trying to deceive. When the models' pictures are shown, there is a caption that says "professionally styled". During the WEN shows, the models get their hair pinned up when they're off camera to keep the style in for when they go back on camera. I doubt that they do this when they're on for another vendor. Could a user do that at home if they wanted to? Of course, and many users do something to hold a style while they're sleeping. No one is inferring that someone will use WEN on Day One, go to bed, and wake up with beautifully styled hair and no bedhead/pillowhead.

{#emotions_dlg.sneaky} and I responded to that 1st thread ...

the above link is a thread that was posted back in 2011...

live....laugh....love
Trusted Contributor
On 2/4/2014 bruingirl said:
On 2/4/2014 JeanLouiseFinch said:

http://community.qvc.com/forums/beauty-banter/topic/210797/postid/4151678/re-wen-how-good-is-it-and-...<br /> <br /> But to answer the questions....

1. WEN is NOT Shampoo!<br /> 2. When you consider how many products the Cleansing Conditioner replaces, the cost really isn't all that exorbitant - especially when you are able to get on a cleansing schedule of just a few times a week.<br /> 3. The "presenter/spokesperson" - aka Chaz Dean, creator of WEN, is not questionable at all. He has a definite philosophy about hair care and a commitment to using quality skincare type ingredients. I may not agree with everything about him, but I do believe he's honest, genuine, and has integrity.<br /> 4. Chaz' hair is not greasy. It's very soft and fine. I think the cameras are deceiving because he's got highlights and the combination of his coloring and texture plus the lighting on the set, it's likely to come across in looking greasy when it's not.<br /> 5. The models' hair....No one is trying to deceive. When the models' pictures are shown, there is a caption that says "professionally styled". During the WEN shows, the models get their hair pinned up when they're off camera to keep the style in for when they go back on camera. I doubt that they do this when they're on for another vendor. Could a user do that at home if they wanted to? Of course, and many users do something to hold a style while they're sleeping. No one is inferring that someone will use WEN on Day One, go to bed, and wake up with beautifully styled hair and no bedhead/pillowhead.

{#emotions_dlg.sneaky} and I responded to that 1st thread

Me too, bruingirl!

Honored Contributor

"No one is inferring that someone will use WEN on Day One, go to bed, and wake up with beautifully styled hair and no bedhead/pillowhead"

Oh Dang! I keep expecting to wake up looking like Joy! {#emotions_dlg.w00t} She is stunning from head to toe!

JLF, Bruingirl...well said...well said!

I also find WEN much less expensive than my salon shampoos since now I am cleansing only 2-3 times/week! Yesty during lunch....went to 7-11...stranger stopped me and asked about my hair...then to bank...again...and then to jewelers...again! NO LIES. I would say my money is well spent. Never in my entire life have I had such good hair.

Occasional Contributor

Sweetie, are you really asking for information? Here is my pov. What company selling hair products would put models on TV or in print if their hair WASN'T professionally styled? I would think it is a company that doesn't want to sell anything. Do makeup companies show models looking haggard with mascara smears beneath their eyes? Do clothing companies show models wearing clothes that neither fit nor flatter? Get a grip, please.

I waited a long time after hearing about Wen Cleansing Conditioner to actually try it. My hair is now thicker, in great shape and I have gone with my natural curl and I love it. Thanks to Wen. It works for me and I don't spend time fussing with my hair now.

Honored Contributor
On 2/4/2014 RespectLife said:

"No one is inferring that someone will use WEN on Day One, go to bed, and wake up with beautifully styled hair and no bedhead/pillowhead"

Oh Dang! I keep expecting to wake up looking like Joy! {#emotions_dlg.w00t} She is stunning from head to toe!

JLF, Bruingirl...well said...well said!

I also find WEN much less expensive than my salon shampoos since now I am cleansing only 2-3 times/week! Yesty during lunch....went to 7-11...stranger stopped me and asked about my hair...then to bank...again...and then to jewelers...again! NO LIES. I would say my money is well spent. Never in my entire life have I had such good hair.

I know! Nothing like waking up and getting that first good look at yourself and saying, "Oh, you again." LOL

Honored Contributor
On 2/3/2014 monamar said:

Just a naïve question, ladies. Why would I spend such an exorbitant amount of money on a shampoo when the presenter always has stringy, greasy hair? Questionable spokesperson. And I have noticed that the QVC models they use are obviously professionally styled because I never see them looking that way again on normal, non-WEN days. Just asking.

Just a naïve question, monamar. Why are you still asking essentially the same question three years later? Questionable motivation. I have noticed that your newbieness quotient seems to be a few years old already. Just asking.

-- bebe

P.S. Thanks to bruingirl for the heads up on this. -- Notice monamar's original thread that appeared in Beauty Banter over two years ago (before there was a Wen Forum). You can click on the hot link below to the original thread. -- It's just my own opinion, but maybe we should just start ignoring these two identical threads. She's already gotten way too much mileage out of both of them.

--

WEN - how good is it and does it really work?

Started 08/04/2011 at 7:15 PM in Beauty Banter | Last reply 08/06/2011 at 4:46 PM by KweenB

replies

Does the high price justify the actual results? Reason I ask is because Chaz' hair always looks stringy and unkempt. Also, the QVC models always look so good in his presentations, but aftwards they all go back to their standard, day-to-day hairdos. Your comments please.