Regular Contributor

tips from the Chaz Dean Studio site

Tips

· Sleep onit! Apply WEN Cleansing Conditioner to wet hair before bed as a hydrating overnight treatment. Cover hair with a shower cap. In your morning shower rinse well, and you’ll begin the day with shiny, silky hair!

· Try to avoid using heated styling tools, like flat irons and curling irons. They can dry out, damage, and burn your hair causing breakage.

· Keep your style looking fresh even on days you don’t cleanse your hair with WEN. Using the WEN® Replenishing Treatment Mist, mist hair thoroughly holding bottle 12 – 18 inches above hair. Shake out and restyle or flufffff up your hair.

· To help avoid breakage and to keep hair from burning always keep your blow dryer moving – never holding it on one spot – and use the concentrator nozzle that comes with your blow dryer.

· Avoid metal and aluminum-based brushes when blow-drying as they get very hot and can singe hair or cause breakage.

· For a natural look when coloring your hair, avoid bleach and never go more than two or three shades lighter or darker than your natural hair color.

· When you need a color touch up only apply color to the roots and avoid running through the ends of the hair. If the ends need a refresh use a semi-permanent color to avoid over-processing your hair and causing damage.

· Ask you colorist to use a high lift color rather than bleach to create highlights. It contains low levels of ammonia so it’s less damaging to your hair.

· If your hair is oily or fine try the Cucumber Aloe or Lavender formulas. They won’t weigh your hair down and with continual use it will add more volume and body.

· WEN isn’t like an ordinary shampoo so you want to use more of it, not less. You can never use too much! The more you use, the better the results.

Honored Contributor

Re: tips from the Chaz Dean Studio site

waterdragon, thanks so much for posting all this common sense information from Chaz's website. I'm really glad he had the good sense to write it all down... because so many just assume that if they know something, then everyone else must know it all as well. As for me, sometimes I have trouble just tying my shoelacesSmiley Wink

-- bebe {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Esteemed Contributor

Waterdragon, thank you for posting this! It's very helpful to be able to refer to the info in one place.

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for the info. Have really learned a lot from this forum. I'm a newbie and have so enjoyed the information. Always learning something new!!

Regular Contributor

your welcome all! I think one of the most important tips for newbees is to cleanse daily @ first so your hair and scalp can adjust. I wish that was emphasized more in the presentations as I have read so many posts here from new users frustrated that their hair is greasy on the second or third day. that and not adding the water to froth up the product were my 2 biggest mistakes early on.

Contributor

On 12/23/2013 okiebug said:
On 11/30/2013 kcladyz said:

you know all that is just common sence, not wisdom from chaz

You mean it's just common sense to use WEN cc instead of shampoos?

I think that's exactly what she's saying!!!!! LOL
Super Contributor

On 2/1/2014 waterdragon said:

your welcome all! I think one of the most important tips for newbees is to cleanse daily @ first so your hair and scalp can adjust. I wish that was emphasized more in the presentations as I have read so many posts here from new users frustrated that their hair is greasy on the second or third day. that and not adding the water to froth up the product were my 2 biggest mistakes early on.

Those are 2 REALLY good points, waterdragon. When I started Wenning I had to cleanse daily, and it took a couple months before I could get to the point I'm not at where I can cleanse twice a week (though I like to do it more because I love it!!). The splashes of water to make it frothy are also SO important, but it took me a little while before I figured that out!

Respected Contributor

On 1/31/2014 socmom said:

Thanks for the info. Have really learned a lot from this forum. I'm a newbie and have so enjoyed the information. Always learning something new!!

Welcome!
Smiley Happy Hilary
Wen girl for 10 years!!
Honored Contributor

waterdragon, thanks for this great post!! -- bebe {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Honored Contributor

This thread has great information especially for people who are new to Wen.

-- bebe