TSV(R) Preview
142 Members and 15946 Guests Online

WEN

Fig on my face

Started 1381253949.25 in WEN | Last reply 1381779169.113 by Treeinwind

Summer is over so I guess I go all mad scientist. I decided to amp up the Retin A to the full 0.1 strength. First couple of days I could tell I would need to work up to this one slowly or go around with peeling skin for a week like when I first started. Backed off for a few day and have used it full strength for two nights now.

I have been washing my face with the Body CC so I wasn't too worried about using Wen on my face so today I used the Fig treatment oil instead of my regular moisturizer. (the wrong thing on skin sensitive from Retin A could be one hot chocolate mess!) I love the softness and the scent. I had no burning at all an my skin feels so moisturized, not peeling and not greasy. Very very pleased and glad I finally decided to give the oils a try. They really do have many purposes!

Page 1 of 2
chickenmoo1381255477.8432071 PostsRegistered 6/8/2012Outside of Buffalo,NY

Two thumbs up for Fig!!! lol

I do that too...I have an oil for every purpose and time of the month depending on how my skin is.lol Fig is simply fab when your skin is feeling dry or stressed out.

Just between us Wenners, I bought that very very very expensive moisturizer from a famous company that doesn't sell on the Q...it's like take-out a second-mortgage expensive...It did *nothing* compared to what I've gotten from using Wen products on my face. Needless to say, it went back...lol Nothing but Wen for me from now on.

~Love my Leonberger~

whit19821381256320.677516 PostsRegistered 8/25/2005
This method has literally eliminated my retin a flakes!!! Try tea tree too!!! It cleared small breakouts too!!!

Mummadukes1381258815.6671817 PostsRegistered 3/5/2010
I just started using retinol and have used the Fig and TT oils about an hour later. I felt tightness in the beginning but nothing now. I may start applying every night now since I have no peeling. So far so good!!!

Coarse and wavy, color-treated brown (for the gray) with low lights hypothyroid hair. My faves: Fig, WCM, SMC and WVM!!

Treeinwind1381259725.932951 PostsRegistered 2/6/2009
On 10/8/2013 chickenmoo said:

Two thumbs up for Fig!!! lol

I do that too...I have an oil for every purpose and time of the month depending on how my skin is.lol Fig is simply fab when your skin is feeling dry or stressed out.

Just between us Wenners, I bought that very very very expensive moisturizer from a famous company that doesn't sell on the Q...it's like take-out a second-mortgage expensive...It did *nothing* compared to what I've gotten from using Wen products on my face. Needless to say, it went back...lol Nothing but Wen for me from now on.

I have been there too! Some of them even burn after the Retin A! I am so glad I tried it the oil rather than the second-mortgage option!!!!

VaBelle351381262417.4139603 PostsRegistered 11/19/2004VA suburbs of Washington, DC

I can't use the Fig anymore because I am allergic to it (contact dermatitis), but you gave me a good idea for my Pom oil as I have a cold this week and my nose is chapped. I think this will work better than aquaphor or moisturizer.

I will report back :D

QVC Shopper since 1993

jubner1381265351.69357 PostsRegistered 4/18/2012

I totally agree Treewind and chickenmoo. WEN for the price is wonderful skincare. I love Fig oil on my face and it absorbs quickly. I'm going to take whit182's advice and try tea tree oil for small breakouts.

whit19821381265717.197516 PostsRegistered 8/25/2005
On 10/8/2013 jubner said:

I totally agree Treewind and chickenmoo. WEN for the price is wonderful skincare. I love Fig oil on my face and it absorbs quickly. I'm going to take whit182's advice and try tea tree oil for small breakouts.

Let me know what you think!!

sparklestar1381266514.87710560 PostsRegistered 1/6/2008

Just wanted to join in and say that I too notice a difference in my skin -- I used the oils and, yes, the CC to wash my face. So soft. Also, and don't call me crazy because I have not imagined it, but I have not lost any lashes since washing with the CC and using the oil on my lashes. I even put the Remoist Treatment Mask on my lashes. I have awful sparse/missing lashes. When they start to grow back and get any length, they fall out. The outer ends are just about the only lashes I have. I know it's true because there was one lash that was just starting to get some length and I was waiting for it to fall out -- day after day, week after week -- but IT'S STILL THERE!!!! There are also many lashes now growing back and gaining their length. Using Wen is the only thing I've done different.

jp9261381271737.703109 PostsRegistered 5/6/2008
I'm curious- do those of you that use WEN CC (or BCC) as a facial cleanser and are using the oils on your face have dry skin to begin with? I ask because A- I'm curious to see what skin types you have and B- if I can save myself from buying multiple products I'm all for that!!! I currently use Dermalogica products for the most part, with the exception of a murad cleanser & proactive night time moisturizer during summer when my face is oilier than in cooler months (live in the Midwest, humid summers wreak havoc on my combo to oily skin). I ran out of precleanse- which is what I usually use to remove makeup- and have been using a sample bottle of philosophy purity, which is ok but it don't love. I forgot to put some of the purity on my face b4 hopping in the shower a few days ago and used some 613 CC instead... Now am broken out in several places and am thinking it was the CC?? It shocked me how it felt on my face too-- it felt "cool & tingly' like TT CC feels on my scalp!!

okiebug1381273499.7433988 PostsRegistered 1/2/2008

I have oily skin, have been using Purity and Micro-Delivery for several years. They did help in controlling my oil and breakouts better than anything else I've used. But, just the last 2 weeks I've started using WEN on my face. I didn't think the BCC or CC was enough to get my makeup off, but I've tried pre-cleansing with about 4 drops of the oil, rinsing, then using the cc (I was using 613, now BGT), followed with 2 drops of SAM oil as moisturizer. My skin is close to normal now.

I don't know about your break outs. Have you been using 613 on your hair? Has it been getting on your skin or face when you cleansed your hair?

VaBelle351381274829.089603 PostsRegistered 11/19/2004VA suburbs of Washington, DC

Oooh I like the idea of pre-cleansing or using the oil as a makeup remover.

I'm going to try that tonight too.

QVC Shopper since 1993

waterdragon1381277658.7972653 PostsRegistered 9/23/2006Sandy Eggo

I'm in serious need of more oil, especially TT, am going to try the SGGT tonight. I also have a small amount of Pom/Rosemary, and 1 oz of Lavender oil. I usually use Emu oil on my skin, but am thinking of doing some mad scientist work with it.

Shiny medium brown hair, reaching towards my shoulders.

jp9261381289014.537109 PostsRegistered 5/6/2008
On 10/8/2013 okiebug said:

I have oily skin, have been using Purity and Micro-Delivery for several years. They did help in controlling my oil and breakouts better than anything else I've used. But, just the last 2 weeks I've started using WEN on my face. I didn't think the BCC or CC was enough to get my makeup off, but I've tried pre-cleansing with about 4 drops of the oil, rinsing, then using the cc (I was using 613, now BGT), followed with 2 drops of SAM oil as moisturizer. My skin is close to normal now.

I don't know about your break outs. Have you been using 613 on your hair? Has it been getting on your skin or face when you cleansed your hair?

I use 613 on my hair once a week or so and I'm sure it has gotten on some part of my face, if nothing else it's gotten on my forehead. Didn't bother me before, so maybe isn't related to the current breakout. Didn't think that one through lol. I've read some reviews of the purity breaking some gals out, but I have sensitive skin too and sometimes have issues when changing face products. I'm usually fairly brand-loyal when I find stuff that works for me. Just thought using one brand for face & hair would be simpler :). Thanks for replying!

Last edited on 10/8/2013

Treeinwind1381290148.0632951 PostsRegistered 2/6/2009

I would say that I have sensitive combination skin. Dry in parts, will break out in the T-zone at times. I wouldn't say it was oily really, it tends to be more dry and Retin A does not help that. I always have to moisturize with something. I have one tiny whitehead, I don't like the smell as much but I think I will try TT oil tomorrow and see if that helps clear it up.

Sam02281381324865.15770 PostsRegistered 9/2/2013

has anyone noticed a significant difference in pore size and getting black heads to disapear with the oil? i dont have bad breakouts (mainly hairline blemishes) but horrible black heads on my nose i cant seem to get rid of. i starting using SMC oil on my face before bed. i've considered investing in a clarisonic but with such mixed reviews i dont know what to do! i just want even skin texture/color and to get rid of my blackheads! (currently using micro-delivery)

Last edited on 10/9/2013

whit19821381326749.063516 PostsRegistered 8/25/2005
On 10/9/2013 Sam0228 said:

has anyone noticed a significant difference in pore size and getting black heads to disapear with the oil? i dont have bad breakouts (mainly hairline blemishes) but horrible black heads on my nose i cant seem to get rid of. i starting using SMC oil on my face before bed. i've considered investing in a clarisonic but with such mixed reviews i dont know what to do! i just want even skin texture/color and to get rid of my blackheads! (currently using micro-delivery)

I would recommend using tt oil. It has shrunk pores minimized oil, and helped with breakouts... I would mix it with your SMC oil, if you can't stand tt smell... I also use retin a with this, so I'm not sure if it is retin a, however I have never been able to use retin a for more that 2 days a. Week BC of dryness and breakouts... I'm up to 5 days and my skin has never looked better... I'm attributing it to tt oil:)

okiebug1381333329.943988 PostsRegistered 1/2/2008

I can tell a big difference in my pores - they are cleared out, no blackheads. I've had enlarged pores since my teens so I'm not expecting them to shrink to nothing, but if they are empty, they might get a little smaller. I had some milia and it's disappearing, too. I use the tt oil at night and SAM in the morning. There's a thread on the BB board called "Tiny Blackheads. .. " (or similar) that has a comment about how massaging jojoba oil on your blackheads dissolves the sebum in the pores and cleans them out.

Yesterday, I got 2 compliments on my nice skin - never happened before and I just turned 63, and my nail tech said she didn't have to push my cuticles back or put oil on them because they were in great shape. I don't put anything on my cuticles specially - it's from putting oils on my hair and face. Only downside is how fast my nails are growing.

Edited to say to Sam0228 that I was using Purity and Micro delivery before too.

Last edited on 10/9/2013

tngal041381401275.443176 PostsRegistered 5/18/2012

I love the Fig oil. It smells amazing. I love it in my hair and on my hands. The scent lasts all day. I haven't tried it on my face. I use tea tree oil( I get at health food shop) for break outs.

localharvest.org find local organic farmers
and farmer's markets

kesstrain1381428322.99123 PostsRegistered 6/10/2011Indianapolis
A question to those using the oil on their face. Have any of you used pure Argan oil in the past? I ask because I never got good results with Josie's oil on my face. It really clogged my pores. I know the Wen oils have Argan in them, but also jojoba, which I seem to be ok with. I am a little nervous to try because of the bad experience with plain Argan oil but I would love to be able to try it on the dry patches I get around my nose from allergies or after a peel. Thanks

"The nation which forgets its defenders will itself be forgotten."
C. Coolidge

okiebug1381441598.6433988 PostsRegistered 1/2/2008

kesstrain, I tried Josie's argan oil, but it just sat on my skin and didn't soak in at all. The WEN oils for me are completely different - I think it's that there's more of the jojoba oil and also the essential oils. My DIL loves Argan oil and I know it's good, but just didn't work for me. When I use WEN oil, it soaks right in and my skin is satiny, almost matte, not shiny.

I'd encourage you to give it a try.

Treeinwind1381442280.4732951 PostsRegistered 2/6/2009

Kesstrain, I haven't tried Argon oil before so I have nothing to compare it to except the baby oil I used to smear all over and bake in the sun. Baby oil left me oily and this soaks right in so long as my skin is still a little damp. Of course my foolish days of any oil mixed with sun are long gone, now I faux tan only!

kesstrain1381443253.093123 PostsRegistered 6/10/2011Indianapolis
Thanks okiebug, I am definitely going to try this. I think I have some SAM, even though I mostly have been using the seasonals (b/c of the scent). I might add a bit of tea tree oil to it, just to make sure it has a bit of something that is anti- breakout.

"The nation which forgets its defenders will itself be forgotten."
C. Coolidge

DoxieMomma1381449506.9631158 PostsRegistered 8/30/2013SE La.
On 10/10/2013 kesstrain said: A question to those using the oil on their face. Have any of you used pure Argan oil in the past? I ask because I never got good results with Josie's oil on my face. It really clogged my pores. I know the Wen oils have Argan in them, but also jojoba, which I seem to be ok with. I am a little nervous to try because of the bad experience with plain Argan oil but I would love to be able to try it on the dry patches I get around my nose from allergies or after a peel. Thanks
I have very oily, sensitive acne prone skin. I had a small bottle of her argan oil (may have came in a beauty test tube). I tried using it at night, during the winter, but no matter how lightly I applied it, it never fully absorbed........it always *sat* on my skin, looked like I'd slathered myself in Crisco!! I've been experimenting with the wen tea tree oil, applying occasionally at night, using three or four drops. It absorbs very quickly and has not caused breakouts. (I'm currently moving up to a higher % Retinol, so I'm experiencing some sensitivity and dryness........I feel this oil is working well for me right now).

Bubu27151381463220.26336 PostsRegistered 8/16/2013
I mix FIG and Maracuja oil and use this as a moisturizer before going to bed. I was wondering... Do you ladies mix the WEN oils with a moisturizer or just use them alone?

okiebug1381463953.6233988 PostsRegistered 1/2/2008

I use Philosophy WHINE serum and the oil, no moisturizer.

Page 1 of 2