Christmas in July(R) Sale
9 Members and 9985 Guests Online

WEN

Inside Q magazine subscription

Started 1369355298.893 in WEN | Last reply 1369501813.21 by jaxs mom

Hi everyone! I haven't had a chance to post in quite a while, but tonight I've grabbed a bit of "me time" and am reading the Wen board. Yippee!!

I noticed a number of posts regarding the Inside Q magazine, so I called QVC customer service to find out what's up. The agent I spoke with didn't know the rationale behind QVC's new policy, but here's what she told me...

CURRENT INSIDE Q MEMBERS

If you already have an Inside Q magazine subscription then all of your current benefits will continue going forward. You will continue to receive Inside Q magazing monthly. When your current subscription runs out it will be renewed automatically and at no charge. As a thank you to the current Inside Q members, they will not be charged for renewal subscriptions. The online edition of Inside Q magazine will continue to be available.

INSIDE Q IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE TO NEW SUBSCRIBERS

The QVC agent I spoke with didn't know why QVC has made this decision, but Inside Q is not accepting any new subscriptions.

The decision might have something to do with the fact that some people are upset that QVC was charging $12 for the annual Inside Q subscription and that QVC wanted to resolve this discussion.

I told her that as much as I appreciated a free renewal, that I would rather pay for Inside Q and have everyone be allowed to purchase an annual subscription. After all, fair is fair. And I asked her to have my feedback on this issue passed along.

- bebe

Page 1 of 2
jaxs mom1369355681.4034070 PostsRegistered 4/18/2012

Thank for the info, I really don't have any problem with the policy change. If they chose to do this because of the whiners then I certainly don't feel guilty for getting it free now. They could have subscribed and chose not to. I've seen plenty of posts from the whiners that they basically thought it was unfair for the subscription to exist. Whatever.

Last edited on 5/24/2013

HappyDaze1369355941.64714796 PostsRegistered 6/13/2012

Thanks for the information. Honestly though, people give out the numbers like candy anyway so why should we continue to pay for it when there is no real advantage anymore (if there ever was?). I enjoy it myself and had no problem shilling out the Big ol' dollar a month for it.

I think it is nice they are offering it free now to current subscribers. Kind of like a thank you for paying for it in the first place and not just begging for numbers online because you were to cheap to pay a $1 a month for it. {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Last edited on 5/23/2013

Last edited on 5/24/2013

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery...but becomes something entirely different when someone STEALS your ideas and claims the credit for themselves.

“Only those with no memory insist on their originality.” -Coco Chanel

Kokathy1369356133.4832912 PostsRegistered 6/9/2012

I'm with jaxs mom.

I'm just a gal trying to take over the world.

betteb1369356628.9615752 PostsRegistered 1/1/2008The Land of Oz
On 5/23/2013 HappyDaze said:

Thanks for the information. Honestly though, people give out the numbers like candy anyway so why should we continue to pay for it when there is no real advantage anymore (if there ever was?). I enjoy it myself and had no problem shilling out the Big ol' dollar a month for it.

I think it is nice they are offering it free now to current subscribers. Kind of like a thank you for paying for it in the first place and not just begging for numbers online because you were to cheap to pay a $1 a month for it. {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Last edited on 5/23/2013

I have to agree. It was worth the $1 a month to me, knowing what a lot of the TS's were going to be and getting EP that wasn't always offered TS day.

"Though nothing can bring back the hour
Of splendour in the grass, of glory in the flower;
We will grieve not, rather find
Strength in what remains behind;" Wordsworth

annabellet­hecat1369356638.0312955 PostsRegistered 9/23/2006

I agree with both of you. I don't consider myself a spend-thrift. I certainly didn't mind the $ 12 a year subscription. I enjoyed reading the articles.

I don't understand why anyone would complain about paying $ 12 for a yearly subscription. I understand that there are a few people here on this website that don't purchase anything from QVC. However, I would think most people are interested in this website because they DO purchase even one or two things from QVC. If someone could afford to purchase one or two things from QVC why would anyone complain about the purchase of the monthly magazine?

After all this is America and if someone doesn't want to purchase a magazine, they have every right. Hummmmm??? I have to wonder if these might be the same people (i.e. those who complain about the price of the magazine) who constantly ask for the item number to get the discount of the TSV.

jaxs mom1369357476.9674070 PostsRegistered 4/18/2012

I've actually told QVC more than once that I think they should require you to be an Insider to use the preorder item numbers.

annabellet­hecat1369357821.23312955 PostsRegistered 9/23/2006

I have also said that. I thought you could only order early if you had a subscription. I thought the computer was able to match your subscription with the person doing the early ordering. Obviously I was wrong.

DogLvr1369358097.593792 PostsRegistered 4/30/2013

Did you consider that some people may be new to QVC. Some people never went to the QVC Community and knew nothing about the Insider Q. There is no adverstisement regarding the Insider Q. Some people don't even know what it is. I didn't at first. There was even someone who posted a message on the forum asking what the Insider Q was earlier today.

The rationale for customer service to tell you that someone new cannot get a online subscription and only current subscribers will get the subscription plus a free year makes no sense. It reminds me earlier this month (before the online version was up) when I asked a question about the Insider Q Magazine and the customer service person told me that he didn't get his Insider Q Magazine yet either.

Why alienate people? Maybe give current Insider Q subscribers a free year or more depending upon how long they were subscribers. But at least, offer it to everyone.

I feel this is a very bad marketing approach. Maybe they should rename this product to "No Q Customer Outsiders Welcomed"

My son is currently studying for his MBA in Marketing. I know that he has written papers that discuss marketing plans....what went right...what went wrong. I am going to explain to him about QVC and their Insider Q Magazine Approach.

How the price was $36.00 a year, then $12.00 a year, then excluded customers who were interest in a new subscription. How customers can express their thoughts on the QVC Community. Explain how the QVC "Police Poofers" go hunting on the QVC Community Board.

Maybe one of his research papers can address this poor marketing approach by QVC. Maybe by the time he writes the paper, QVC will have lost many customers who now go directly to product's company's website since they get special emails with discounts. QVC will find that many previous customers will go directly to the beauty.com websites, etc and get a discounted price plus additional discounts occassionally.

People are tired of paying for handling and shipping charges when most all companies offer this for free when the total price is over x amount of dollars.

For example, why would anyone buy a Dooney & Burke Bag from QVC, when the price is nearly never discounted and customers pay tax, shipping and handling. A customer can go directly to the Dooney website, get the same bag, for no tax (most states), no shipping and an easy pay plan when purchases are over a certain. Macy's has a 25% discount at least 3x a year and you can apply it to Dooney Bags, no handling/shipping charges but yes on tax. The only advantage shopping at QVC is that a customer can use the bag for 4 weeks and return the product for any reason. I don't think that is the ideal customer that QVC wants.

I know I have rambled on....but I don't think this is a bright marketing plan. The QVC Customer Service people tell you to write a letter to QVC (not email) if you have comments or concerns....which I think is absurd in this day and age. All this does is reduce the number of letters QVC gets because most people will not bother to write a letter. This is a world of internet and QVC knows this but for some reason uses a very antiquated approach when inviting customers to voice their opinions.

Have a nice evening.

Last edited on 5/23/2013

Last edited on 5/23/2013

skeuomorph1369358664.0871087 PostsRegistered 2/27/2013
I think this is confusing and I agree it's strange if what the Customer Service told the OP is right. I called them last week or maybe a couple of weeks ago and the rep told me they weren't allowing new subscribers or renewals and the existing online version was eventually to be discontinued. They need tto get together and get the story straight JMHO. :)

These people draw near to Me with their mouth, And honor Me with their lips,
But their heart is far from Me. --Matthew 15:8-9

HappyDaze1369372471.6614796 PostsRegistered 6/13/2012
On 5/23/2013 annabellethecat said:

I agree with both of you. I don't consider myself a spend-thrift. I certainly didn't mind the $ 12 a year subscription. I enjoyed reading the articles.

I don't understand why anyone would complain about paying $ 12 for a yearly subscription. I understand that there are a few people here on this website that don't purchase anything from QVC. However, I would think most people are interested in this website because they DO purchase even one or two things from QVC. If someone could afford to purchase one or two things from QVC why would anyone complain about the purchase of the monthly magazine?

After all this is America and if someone doesn't want to purchase a magazine, they have every right. Hummmmm??? I have to wonder if these might be the same people (i.e. those who complain about the price of the magazine) who constantly ask for the item number to get the discount of the TSV.

your post is spot on, especially the part about they being able to afford purchasing items from QVC but complain about $1 a month for a magazine that they want advance TSV numbers from every month.

And yes, I've noticed alot of the people constantly asking for the numbers are the ones who refuse to pay for the Insider. Ironically, they tend to have no problem spending tons of money on the Q, from expensive handbags to expensive makeup or the expensive shipping and handling charges the Q charges. I guess they expect everyone else should spend their hard earned money for it but not them.

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery...but becomes something entirely different when someone STEALS your ideas and claims the credit for themselves.

HappyDaze1369372631.76314796 PostsRegistered 6/13/2012
On 5/23/2013 jaxs mom said:

I've actually told QVC more than once that I think they should require you to be an Insider to use the preorder item numbers.

That is an excellent idea. I have no idea why they wouldnt have implemented that. I was talking with one of my techie friends who said that would be a fairly simple thing to do from a coding/programming perspective.

I apologize in advance if I used the incorrect technology verbiage. {#emotions_dlg.blush}

bruingirl1369373770.366713 PostsRegistered 8/3/2006Los Angeles, CA
On 5/23/2013 HappyDaze said:
On 5/23/2013 jaxs mom said:

That is an excellent idea. I have no idea why they wouldnt have implemented that. I was talking with one of my techie friends who said that would be a fairly simple thing to do from a coding/programming perspective.

I apologize in advance if I used the incorrect technology verbiage. {#emotions_dlg.blush}

I think that's a good idea too. But I think the bottom line is q wants the sale no matter how they get it. And putting in an ordering step that verifies the customer is an insider would prevent sales from non-insiders.

Live.....Laugh.....Love

BlingQueen­0221369382066.1834230 PostsRegistered 9/23/2012
If that's all true, call me selfish, I'm glad I'll get next year's for free.

Iluv50sog1369394869.267462 PostsRegistered 11/21/2012
On 5/23/2013 skeuomorph said: I think this is confusing and I agree it's strange if what the Customer Service told the OP is right. I called them last week or maybe a couple of weeks ago and the rep told me they weren't allowing new subscribers or renewals and the existing online version was eventually to be discontinued. They need tto get together and get the story straight JMHO. :)

The Q also needs to get their hosts on board because Mary Beth told people while Jone Rivers was on last week to call customer service if you wanted the inside Q.

To forgive is to set a prisoner free and realize the prisoner was you.

Naturally Curly, shoulder length hair, dark brown.

bklyngrl1369397140.407597 PostsRegistered 4/27/2011New York

I think its's sad not offering it to new subscribers. I've toyed with the idea of signing up but never made up my mind. It was a comfort, though, to know that when I decided to join the option was always there for me. Now that option has been taken away. Makes me feel Q is not concerned about my business, even though I buy plenty without being an Insider.

When I search for Q Insider and look at the links listed, a link to sign up is no longer there.

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/clickToGive/home.faces?siteId=3

okiebug1369398152.4633416 PostsRegistered 1/2/2008

My apologies.

Last edited on 5/24/2013

Last edited on 5/24/2013

Last edited on 5/24/2013

DogLvr1369403606.7792 PostsRegistered 4/30/2013
On 5/24/2013 okiebug said:

I certainly don't think this subject deserved a long-winded rant - the perks of the Inside Q were just being able to have information on TSVs early, not special pricing or products not available to anyone else. It wasn't a secret club, it was always listed on the home page so anyone was able to order it. It didn't exclude anyone. If QVC wants to give a small thank you to customers who subscribed to it for a while, I see nothing wrong with that. Many companies have reward programs for frequent shoppers, etc - many send out emails with coupons to those on the list or have specials for those on facebook.

And if you thought about subscribing and didn't when it was available, how does that make QVC unfeeling? And, considering the things happening to people all over the world, having that option "taken away" even though you really didn't want it, hurts you? Really??? Things get sold out, discontinued, services stopped everywhere all the time, not just QVC.

If you feel QVC is that bad, you need to get off the boards and not purchase from QVC if you ever purchased at all.

Last edited on 5/24/2013

If I may comment on your post. I'm new to QVC...I purchased Wen last June and some other beauty items last summer...as I thought it would boost my spirits up since my father passed during July from lung cancer.

I don't claim to be 100% knowledgable but I do know that for the Wen Gallons that there is special pricing on the shipping. This also was the case in 2011 because the advertisement is still online. Shipping with be over $12 in June 2013 (as was last year)and currently the shipping is $7 and change.

I didn't go on the QVC Community because I never realized there was a message board until earlier this month. I noticed the Insider Q link earlier this year (March) and when I clicked onto it...the link didn't work. I actually called customer service and asked what Inside Q was and was told it was discontinued and therefore paid no mind to Inside Q until I went on the QVC Community earlier this month.

QVC always makes suggestion prompts when you order something....and I never noticed anything regarding the Inside Q.

I believe that part of the problem as it relates to the Inside Q is that QVC customer service gives different answers to Inside Q subscription questions which leads to confusion. If QVC hosts are still suggesting becoming a member on air as late as last week, then this only adds to the confusion.

Another point to be made is that QVC made no mention of this new policy of the Inside Q on their Website. Nor did QVC even mention this to their current Inside Q membership in an email, in the Insider or anywhere. At least this is my impression from reading numerous posts.

To me, this just doesn't seem like good business management.

Thank you for allowing me to express my concerns.

DogLvr

PS...I noticed that after I posted this subject, you removed your post. I would like to leave the post as is in the hope that someone at QVC reads this and forwards this to the proper individuals for review.

Last edited on 5/24/2013

Last edited on 5/24/2013

Topaz Gem1369404179.37715470 PostsRegistered 10/31/2007Scenic New Hampshire

I was literally planning to subscribe to Inside Q the very week they changed their policy. I thought about it for a long time then finally decided to go ahead with it. Now QVC says that they don't want my business? Makes absolutely no sense to me at all. Like another poster said, why alienate people? If a person doesn't want to pay the $12/year they don't have to subscribe. It is totally voluntary and not required to shop at QVC.

I'm very disappointed in this 'new policy'. It only causes hard feelings, IMO.

Last edited on 5/24/2013

Last edited on 5/24/2013

Summer afternoon, summer afternoon; to me those have always been the two most beautiful words in the English language. ~ Henry James

Bikkie1369404487.7833933 PostsRegistered 10/7/2009

Wow, that really alienates new customers.

okiebug1369404504.3973416 PostsRegistered 1/2/2008

Doglvr, I deleted my post because after I re-read it I decided my post was inappropriate and I was ashamed I had written it. People have a right to feel how they feel and it's not my place to judge anyone. I try to be helpful here, but that post wasn't.

DogLvr1369404865.13792 PostsRegistered 4/30/2013

okiebug....Well, I only hope that I am as classy a lady as you!

paShar1369406321.5131821 PostsRegistered 1/14/2006Western Pennsylvania
On 5/24/2013 Bikkie said:

Wow...that was my thought too Bikkie. I can see allowing current Insider subscribers to continue, but to completely shut out new QVC customers doesn't seem fair. Maybe it should be offerred as some sort of award or extra benefit after you've been a Q member for a certain period of time.

Of course, if they aren't even going to mention anywhere on the website that there is such a thing as the Insider, then new visitors to the website (new QVC shoppers) wouldn't have any idea that it exists, which makes the Insider a sort of private club for those who DO get it.....which alienates those of us who know about it but don't subscribe.

Shar

DogLvr1369492307.5792 PostsRegistered 4/30/2013
On 5/24/2013 paShar said:
On 5/24/2013 Bikkie said:

Wow...that was my thought too Bikkie. I can see allowing current Insider subscribers to continue, but to completely shut out new QVC customers doesn't seem fair. Maybe it should be offerred as some sort of award or extra benefit after you've been a Q member for a certain period of time.

Of course, if they aren't even going to mention anywhere on the website that there is such a thing as the Insider, then new visitors to the website (new QVC shoppers) wouldn't have any idea that it exists, which makes the Insider a sort of private club for those who DO get it.....which alienates those of us who know about it but don't subscribe.

Absolutely! This entire scenario is ridiculous!

As a relatively new QVC Community Poster, I am aghast at how some of the poster's comment on the board and are downright mean and nasty. However, some people must not understand how they come across on the boards and I question their common sense.

One of these posters (without naming names) states on various discussion threads that she is not buying gallons, gallons cost more than smaller bottles that are OTO or TSVs (yep, I'm learning the lingo), buys gallons and posts her purchases, sits at home in her small town that's close to the post office, worries if the postman will put her gallons (more than 1) into her community mailboxes, posts that the 2 separate gallon containers fit into two separate mailboxes (I guess in small towns you have more than 1 mailbox) and it appears that she is sitting in front of her computer feeling as uppity as can be calling certain people "whiners" when they are not InsiderQ subscribers because they "must have" complained about an annually $12 charge that works out to be a $1 a month and are too cheap to pay.

Unfortunately, this person does not read explanations very carefully because when you are new to QVC, never looked at the QVC community, noticed or paid any attention to the the InsiderQ option (if there ever was one)...how can you be called cheap for something you never knew anything about. For heavens sake, you can even be a customer for 1 year (or more) and not even know about the InsiderQ. And of course, this poster has "Wen" best buddies who always agree with her statments because she does the same for those buddies as well. When a poster states that there can be some financial savings from the InsiderQ, another poster will state that if you are "too cheap" to be a subscriber, and "whine" for product numbers, you are not entitled to the benefits.

All I can say is this petty and childish behavior only turns me off from QVC...and even towards Wen to some degree. Ladies, are we back in middle school?

As I have stated before, the situation with the InsiderQ has turned into very poor marketing and steered customers away from QVC. The miscommunication from on air hosts and customer service reps is a big faux pas in terms of online sales, customer satisfaction and QVC's ability to respond to this problem.

And to all those InsiderQ subscribers who's posts have been more than helpful by explaining various situations, I thank you.

Last edited on 5/25/2013

Last edited on 5/25/2013

Iluv50sog1369498134.837462 PostsRegistered 11/21/2012

call customer service and ask why last week one of their hosts, MaryBeth I believe was promoting joining the insider while on air with Joan Rivers. That is FALSE ADVERTISEMENT, there is no reason why you should not be allowed to join it they are still making the magazine which they are.

Last edited on 5/25/2013

Last edited on 5/25/2013

To forgive is to set a prisoner free and realize the prisoner was you.

Naturally Curly, shoulder length hair, dark brown.

jaxs mom1369499271.054070 PostsRegistered 4/18/2012

you guys are cracking me up

Page 1 of 2