Give Gorgeous
121 Members and 13355 Guests Online

WEN

Pantene co-wash cleansing conditioner

Started 1367687733.877 in WEN | Last reply 1370201168.993 by ANewHue
I just read on BB that Pantene has a cleansing conditioner. I guess everyone is trying to get on the cleansing conditioner bandwagon.

Hair type- chin length with layers, dark blonde with highlights, wavy, and thick with fine texture.

Page 1 of 1
Iluv50sog1367689592.69462 PostsRegistered 11/21/2012

Before I invested in Wen, I tried other less expensive brands including Hair One which reviews say is a comprable product to Wen. They do not hold a candle to wen in my opinion.

To forgive is to set a prisoner free and realize the prisoner was you.

Naturally Curly, shoulder length hair, dark brown.

kcladyz1367695251.0474052 PostsRegistered 4/30/2012

There a thread on this already in the beauty banter forum. And also co-washing has been in practice long before wen was invented so noone is jumping on anyones band wagon. People been co-washing long before to popularity of wen. Many people co-wash with regular conditioner and pantene is marketing on that, not being a wen spin-off.

Missy8231367701566.063616 PostsRegistered 4/23/2011New York City
On 5/4/2013 kcladyz said:

There a thread on this already in the beauty banter forum. And also co-washing has been in practice long before wen was invented so noone is jumping on anyones band wagon. People been co-washing long before to popularity of wen. Many people co-wash with regular conditioner and pantene is marketing on that, not being a wen spin-off.

The OP already stated that she read this from the Beauty banter forum so there was no need to reiterate that point. And yes, people were co-washing before WEN but Pantene and many other brands were not catering to co-washers, so yes they are indeed jumping on the bandwagon.

“I have always imagined that Paradise will be a kind of library.”
― Jorge Luis Borges

kcladyz1367712277.864052 PostsRegistered 4/30/2012

Funny how wenners complain if people hate on you but if other people like other products your the ones hating. I like wen but many people still use other products not just wen. There was no need to create a pantene co wash bashing thread. The right thing to do would have not created this thread to begin with and posted your thoughts on the ORIGIONAL thread in the BB forum or does the thread creater think she is better than everyone else that uses and likes other products to where you just had to create a thread on it in a seperate forum? Just saying.

HappyDaze1367715430.8116799 PostsRegistered 6/13/2012

I would never try it just because they test on animals. Love Chaz for sparing our babies!! {#emotions_dlg.wub}

okiebug1367716721.6434053 PostsRegistered 1/2/2008

Funny how wenners complain if people hate on you but if other people like other products your the ones hating. I like wen but many people still use other products not just wen. There was no need to create a pantene co wash bashing thread. The right thing to do would have not created this thread to begin with and posted your thoughts on the ORIGIONAL thread in the BB forum or does the thread creater think she is better than everyone else that uses and likes other products to where you just had to create a thread on it in a seperate forum? Just saying.

This wasn't a Pantene co wash bashing thread - it was just a statement that a mainstream hair product company has recognized that enough people are interested in co washing to create a conditioning wash specifically for that instead of people using the Pantene conditioner as a wash. When people co washed before they used conditioners instead of shampoos (I know that's stating the obvious) because there weren't any specific cleansing conditioners made. Now, Pantene has a cleansing conditioner. Whether it's jumping on the bandwagon or not, WEN had a cleansing conditioner product out 20 years ago.

Maybe the OP didn't see the original thread in the BB forum? No need to be so mean. Just saying

HappyDaze1367717005.56716799 PostsRegistered 6/13/2012
On 5/4/2013 okiebug said:

This wasn't a Pantene co wash bashing thread - it was just a statement that a mainstream hair product company has recognized that enough people are interested in co washing to create a conditioning wash specifically for that instead of people using the Pantene conditioner as a wash. When people co washed before they used conditioners instead of shampoos (I know that's stating the obvious) because there weren't any specific cleansing conditioners made. Now, Pantene has a cleansing conditioner. Whether it's jumping on the bandwagon or not, WEN had a cleansing conditioner product out 20 years ago.

Maybe the OP didn't see the original thread in the BB forum? No need to be so mean. Just saying

I agree, the OP's post did not sound like a cowash bashing thread but some here always like to instigate (aka stir the pot) and assume the worst. {#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}

And to add what you said okiebug, last time I checked, we could post wherever we wanted and don't need a forum regulator telling us what we should be posting where.

kristina11367717698.12333 PostsRegistered 12/23/2006

Hilary771367719656.2475023 PostsRegistered 7/24/2012Kentucky
I was not trying to bash anything. I was simply making the point that more and more brands seem to be coming out with cleansing conditioners. Cleansing conditioners are becoming more popular, geesh...

Hair type- chin length with layers, dark blonde with highlights, wavy, and thick with fine texture.

lovemygigi1367727217.7135095 PostsRegistered 3/12/2010

Hilary, you did nothing wrong and I didn't see it as a bash of Pantene. That's just silly. Plenty of people have started threads about the other co-wash products out there, on the Wen and the Beauty forum. Besides, I can't count the times I have read people who, in an attempt to bash the Wen product/vendor, stated that if the concept behind Wen was any good every other company would be "jumping on the bandwagon" with their own co-wash. Well, now we can add another company to the list that I and others have shared :)

I hope that if any one tries the Pantene they will share their experience. I have tried most of the dupes (as well as several conditioners) and still haven't found anything that I would want to use regularly and most of them I would never use again. Doesn't mean they are bad, they just didn't work well for me.

..." Right now, I'm in the sweet spot between complete ignorance and righteous indignation..." Stephen Colbert, 6/5/2014

okiebug1367727943.5874053 PostsRegistered 1/2/2008

kristina, that's absolutely hilarious! She should be the mascot for the DTTB thread - lol.

Iluv50sog1367753126.847462 PostsRegistered 11/21/2012
On 5/4/2013 Hilary77 said: I was not trying to bash anything. I was simply making the point that more and more brands seem to be coming out with cleansing conditioners. Cleansing conditioners are becoming more popular, geesh...

This is what I am talking about, I did not see your thread as bashing in any way shape or form. Yes, co washing has been around however companies now are just starting to get on the "bandwagon" to say this is a co wash product made specifically for that. No One was bashing Pantene. Your 100% correct and companies now are starting to get with the sulphate free and cleansing conditioners because they see the popularity of other companies who have created these products.

To forgive is to set a prisoner free and realize the prisoner was you.

Naturally Curly, shoulder length hair, dark brown.

sailor moon1367780229.441411 PostsRegistered 6/8/2012In an altered state
On 5/4/2013 Hilary77 said: I was not trying to bash anything. I was simply making the point that more and more brands seem to be coming out with cleansing conditioners. Cleansing conditioners are becoming more popular, geesh...

There are some people who react defensively when they think they're being attacked (whether real or imagined) or attack when they are offended by another person's point of view.

Co washing started long before WEN; however WEN was one of the first products, specifically marketed for a particular purpose. Regular conditioners were never marketed for co washing.

Thick, coarse and curly black hair with a few strands of silver "highlights". Love WEN, Josie Maran and tarte.

bruingirl1367783983.8436957 PostsRegistered 8/3/2006Los Angeles, CA

I don't think you're bashing anything. I think someone read way too much into your initial post and made some assumptions...and you know what they say about assuming Wink

And I for one am glad you posted it on the wen forum. I post on the wen forum much more than the beauty banter. I generally just skim the BB.

Live.....Laugh.....Love

DogLvr1367957683.7171012 PostsRegistered 4/30/2013

I've used Wen for a little less than a year. I've never heard the term co washing.

However, I'm 57 and a long, long time ago.... there were products where the shampoo and conditioner was in one bottle. The bottle would settle and you would see to shampoo on the top and the conditioner on the bottom. You would need to shake the bottle before each use. I can't seem to find it on the internet, but there was such a product...in the 70s or maybe 60s. I also remember Jacyln Smith (Charlies Angels) used to do Breck Shampoo Commercials......and I'm sure I wasn't the only girl to buy Breck for that reason. Oh...so long ago.

Rochester ­Shopper1367971229.5734928 PostsRegistered 7/20/2011Michigan

Kcladyz, I respectfully have to disagree with you. I read, and re-read the OP's post, and I did not read it as a bashing thread at all. I read it as an observation she had. Since co-washing has been discussed on the Wen boards before, it was certainly appropriate to discuss it here. Perhaps you read it wrong? Maybe you are not familiar with Hillary77, as she is certainly not someone on this board to start a bashing thread, either.

~Be kinder than necessary, for everyone is fighting a battle.~
~My Grandma's motto: Is it nice, is it true, would you like it said of you?~

Rochester ­Shopper1367971331.0174928 PostsRegistered 7/20/2011Michigan

Hi Hilary77, Your thread was clearly not a bash. I never saw anything on the BB about this, so thank you for posting! Smile

~Be kinder than necessary, for everyone is fighting a battle.~
~My Grandma's motto: Is it nice, is it true, would you like it said of you?~

Hilary771367973240.6675023 PostsRegistered 7/24/2012Kentucky
On 5/7/2013 Rochester Shopper said:

Hi Hilary77, Your thread was clearly not a bash. I never saw anything on the BB about this, so thank you for posting! Smile

Thanks for understanding.

chickenmoo1368018425.622071 PostsRegistered 6/8/2012Outside of Buffalo,NY

Hilary, that's good to know about the Pantene...I didn't know that they'd come out with a 'cleansing conditioner'. That might be something I'd have to grab if I were to go out of town unexpectedly, like when my mom goes in the hospital, and I forget to bring my Wen...At least it's in the same vein as Wen so I wouldn't be putting shampoo on my hair.lol

I also tried that Hair One when I first started using Wen, you know, to compare the two. I bought all the Hair One stuff, even the styling prods and I def preferred the Wen. If my H was still unemployed or we were unable to afford it, I'd switch to something cheaper, but he's working, we're ok, and I prefer the added benefits Wen gives my hair.

~Love my Leonberger~

BackwoodsB­arbie1368044977.353287 PostsRegistered 10/13/2012Tennessee

A tad bit off-topic.....

But in the late 80's (when I was in HS) I had a dear friend who had the most GORGEOUS curly hair. She wore it LONG and it was big (which was wonderful back then - LOL). She would co-wash (not really calling it that) because it gave her wonderful results on her hair. I'd say she'd use a shampoo about once every-other-week, if that. It's interesting that she did this intuitively....knowing what worked for her hair. When she'd tell our friends they'd be like "What?! Your hair isn't getting clean!" and I'd say "Uh, look at her hair, people!" LOL!

I bet she's looking at these new products coming out and saying to herself "Well duh! I've done that for years!" {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

~I've always been misunderstood because of how I look. Don't judge me by the cover 'cause I'm a real good book. So read into it what you will, but see me as I am. The way I look is just a country girl's idea of glam.~

ANewHue1370201168.9832845 PostsRegistered 9/20/2007
Hillary77 just wanted to jump in, no way was your post a bash.

Page 1 of 1