Dooney Days
112 Members and 17951 Guests Online

WEN

Question for WEN users about scents in hair care products

Started 1363888443.02 in WEN | Last reply 1364561616.727 by BackwoodsBarbie

Hi WENners! So I was taking a shower the other day and in my Birchbox I got a sample of Macadamia natural Oil deep treatment so I thought I'd try it since I could still use WEN with it. Okay I opened the packet and wow it was strong scented! I did not even end up using it.

Well, I use to love love love scents in my shampoos and conditioners and would pick out shampoos and conditioners based on ingredients AND scent- I loved a really scented shampoo/conditioner. I absolutely KNOW I would have LOVED the scent of that deep treatment pre-WEN because it was a nice enough scent and I don't even think it is stronger than the other shampoos/conditioners I use to use. But I think now, since using WEN and how the scent doesn't linger and is more natural/aromatherapy type scents, I cannot stand regular shampoo and conditioners. When I was at the store, I even sniffed some of the ones I used to use alot (Pureology, Frederik fekkai, ojon, etc) and I no longer enjoyed the scents!

So I ask, has anyone else who used to love traditional shampoo/conditioner scents now find them too cloying and just too much? I even thought I don't want my hair lingering with the scents like that, which is another shocker for me! I am finding that I now much prefer the very light, aromatherapeutic scents WEN has. Anyone else like me?

Page 1 of 1
bruingirl1363890390.916993 PostsRegistered 8/3/2006Los Angeles, CA

I agree! I remember loving the scent of Herbal Essence when it first hit the market...but over the years I've become somewhat sensitive to fragrance....I love my wen flavors. But even perfumes I wore 10-15 years ago bother me now and give me headaches.

Live.....Laugh.....Love

chickenmoo1363893931.0132071 PostsRegistered 6/8/2012Outside of Buffalo,NY

Haha! Great post!{#emotions_dlg.biggrin} I'm with you bruingirl--I used to love my HE..especially the purple-tinted pump hairspray...can't think of the name....but I just loved the smell.

It doesn't compare to Wen though. The POM is absolutely dreamy{#emotions_dlg.tt1} ...and the LAV is my fave for relaxy sleepy time.lol I've often thought about trying Chaz's other stuff only available on his website like the candles and bath salts (not the drug lol). All the Wen products have a holistic, aromatheraphy quality to them...as opposed to the fake, industrial, chemically yucky stuff from the poo and con crowd.lol

~Love my Leonberger~

HappyDaze1363899777.1617073 PostsRegistered 6/13/2012
On 3/21/2013 chickenmoo said:

Haha! Great post!{#emotions_dlg.biggrin} I'm with you bruingirl--I used to love my HE..especially the purple-tinted pump hairspray...can't think of the name....but I just loved the smell.

It doesn't compare to Wen though. The POM is absolutely dreamy{#emotions_dlg.tt1} ...and the LAV is my fave for relaxy sleepy time.lol I've often thought about trying Chaz's other stuff only available on his website like the candles and bath salts (not the drug lol). All the Wen products have a holistic, aromatheraphy quality to them...as opposed to the fake, industrial, chemically yucky stuff from the poo and con crowd.lol

YES!! They all seem to have a fake, industrial, chemically scent now, even the "natural" brands I used to use! It is like under the nice smell is this lingering something that turns me off. I wonder why I didn't notice it before?

Even in skincare I am turned off by fragrance now that I am using products that don't have hardly any scent or have truly natural scents (like my 100% pure rosehip seed oil).

And haha, I love the "poo and con"! That made me lol!

Hilary771363915645.8335058 PostsRegistered 7/24/2012Kentucky
The scents of other products don't bother me. I like them, but I like the Wen scents a lot better. They are very spa-like and relaxing.

Hair type- chin length with layers, dark blonde with highlights, wavy, and thick with fine texture.

kcladyz1364000429.514095 PostsRegistered 4/30/2012

No, but I find the scents " too generic" for most. I found a few with amazing scents but on the most part the scents are boring. If only regular poos had lavender or pumpkin scents. I still prefer regular shampoo over wen and use wen more as a luxury. who has time for all that rinsing?

HappyDaze1364001709.28317073 PostsRegistered 6/13/2012
On 3/21/2013 Hilary77 said: The scents of other products don't bother me. I like them, but I like the Wen scents a lot better. They are very spa-like and relaxing.

Yes, spa-like is a good one to put it. I am planning on giving our master bathroom a spa-like quality, complete with nice gallon-accomodating shelves like Angel has! I think the WEN will fit in nicely with that vibe.{#emotions_dlg.wub} I bet Chaz's studio has that spa-like feel!

Hilary771364051118.4335058 PostsRegistered 7/24/2012Kentucky
On 3/22/2013 HappyDaze said:
On 3/21/2013 Hilary77 said: The scents of other products don't bother me. I like them, but I like the Wen scents a lot better. They are very spa-like and relaxing.

Yes, spa-like is a good one to put it. I am planning on giving our master bathroom a spa-like quality, complete with nice gallon-accomodating shelves like Angel has! I think the WEN will fit in nicely with that vibe.{#emotions_dlg.wub} I bet Chaz's studio has that spa-like feel!

I know what you mean. We have a jacuzzi tub in our bathroom that never gets used because it takes so much water to fill it up. We have a very small shower. We are thinking of taking out the tub and using the space to make one big glorious shower. Like you, I want plenty of space for my Wen. I love the picture Chaz has on facebook of his shower. He has all his 32 oz. CC's and bc's all lined up in a row. He must get in and say, "Which one do I want to use today?" lol!

Hair type- chin length with layers, dark blonde with highlights, wavy, and thick with fine texture.

rittek131364095952.657173 PostsRegistered 10/23/2012

Me! I use to LOVE different scents in all of my products. Seems like since using Wen I now prefer much lighter scents. Too funny others feel this way too...I seriously think I must have been a dog in my previous life since I used to always be sniffing all the hair products!! Not really so much since Wen!! :) so happy to have found it!!

HappyDaze1364097170.10317073 PostsRegistered 6/13/2012
On 3/23/2013 Hilary77 said:
On 3/22/2013 HappyDaze said:

I know what you mean. We have a jacuzzi tub in our bathroom that never gets used because it takes so much water to fill it up. We have a very small shower. We are thinking of taking out the tub and using the space to make one big glorious shower. Like you, I want plenty of space for my Wen. I love the picture Chaz has on facebook of his shower. He has all his 32 oz. CC's and bc's all lined up in a row. He must get in and say, "Which one do I want to use today?" lol!

Hillary, did you check out Angel's pictures of her shower with all the WEN gallon shelves? It is really nice too. :) I don't ever take baths these days, I much prefer showers so ours is going to be really large. There will be a tub too but most of the effort will be put into the shower and the rest of the bathroom. I'd say if you aren't really using the tub, definitely think of expanding the shower. My parents just did a revamp of their bathroom as they too had a really small shower and they are so happy they did it (they hesitated because of the expense). They love their bathroom now.

HappyDaze1364097274.03317073 PostsRegistered 6/13/2012
On 3/23/2013 rittek13 said:

Me! I use to LOVE different scents in all of my products. Seems like since using Wen I now prefer much lighter scents. Too funny others feel this way too...I seriously think I must have been a dog in my previous life since I used to always be sniffing all the hair products!! Not really so much since Wen!! :) so happy to have found it!!

{#emotions_dlg.lol} EXACTLY! So happy to hear I wasn't the only one! lol! I have no interest in sniffing other hair products now. Smile

MAmom1364527248.257283 PostsRegistered 6/1/2012Cape Cod, MA ><))):>

I LOVE the Fig, 613, Pom, Cucumber Aloe& wish the scent stayed stronger,longer in my thick, curly hair. If I feel I need a second day scent boost, I'll use the oils.

BackwoodsB­arbie1364561616.7233287 PostsRegistered 10/13/2012Tennessee
On 3/28/2013 MAmom said:

I LOVE the Fig, 613, Pom, Cucumber Aloe& wish the scent stayed stronger,longer in my thick, curly hair. If I feel I need a second day scent boost, I'll use the oils.

I like to use the RTM to give my hair a good-smellin' boost. Smile

I used SGGT CC on my second cleanse today and for some reason that scent REALLY seems to stay with my hair.

~I've always been misunderstood because of how I look. Don't judge me by the cover 'cause I'm a real good book. So read into it what you will, but see me as I am. The way I look is just a country girl's idea of glam.~

Page 1 of 1