Give Gorgeous
20 Members and 10999 Guests Online

WEN

Wen pets

Started 1359903015.51 in WEN | Last reply 1360198552.987 by HappyDaze
My only pet is a cat named Peanut we have had for 13 years. I don't bath him and don't plan to, but I am so curious about the new Wen pets line that is coming out. I wonder what scents there will be, how much will it cost? etc. My best friend is a groomer. I am definetely going to let her know about the pet line. Anyone planning to buy the Wen pets?

Hair type- chin length with layers, dark blonde with highlights, wavy, and thick with fine texture.

Page 1 of 1
Perkup1359903212.756489 PostsRegistered 12/24/2008

I don't know much about Wen products and don't care to try them and find out.

However, we take our Sheltie to a groomer, and honestly, if I found out she was using Wen, I would go elsewhere. There are too many negatives from people with hair falling out, or burning scalps for me to chance using that on an animal (or a people) I love.

Sorry Wen lovers. Don't mean to be unkind, but I love animals and they have no choice in many things, including shampoos.

Hilary771359905232.865022 PostsRegistered 7/24/2012Kentucky
Sorry, can't edit original post. That should be "bathe" not bath. In case anyone noticed.

Hair type- chin length with layers, dark blonde with highlights, wavy, and thick with fine texture.

jaxs mom1359908731.4075236 PostsRegistered 4/18/2012

Yes, I've been wondering what the formulas will be. Maybe they will be rice based like the kids and menthol free? I haven't used Wen on any of my animals, and I'm afraid to think how much Wen it would take to cleanse my German Shepherd with Wen. One of my cats is a long haired though and she gets bathed every few months and if the Wen pets is safe for cats I might try it on her.

NewerName1359928736.5631237 PostsRegistered 5/10/2012

To each his own, but I can't imagine anyone spending that kinda money to clean a dog or cat. First of all, cats do not ever need to be bathed unless they have fleas. I have two dogs that have hair, not fur, and their fur stays in wonderful condition with a very inexpensive natural bar soap I get from etsy and a rinse with watered down apple cider vinegar.

HappyDaze1359929750.27716795 PostsRegistered 6/13/2012

{#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}

Hillary, I can't wait to find out either! I don't know anything but it should be interesting! I use regular WEN on my old boy and he loves it and is so playful after he gets bathed. It makes him feel good. My dogs are part of my family and nothing is too good for them.

Last edited on 2/3/2013

Last edited on 2/3/2013

lovemygigi1359930315.0735095 PostsRegistered 3/12/2010

As is with anything, deciding to buy a product is up to the consumer. I will probably buy some when it comes out just to try it. I have 4 dogs and use Wen as a quick conditioning treatment after their bath. My vet is fine with the usage of it as she has checked the ingredients.

The new pets line has to meet very rigorous standards in order to be marketed as a pet product. In speaking with someone on the Wen team a couple of months ago I learned that it may actually be a more involved process than receiving approval for a product made for a human. I have no concerns that it will be safe to use on a pet.

..." Right now, I'm in the sweet spot between complete ignorance and righteous indignation..." Stephen Colbert, 6/5/2014

MissKlynn1359936697.232539 PostsRegistered 6/22/2012

I'm excited to see what the formula is like too, and hope it is thinner than the regular CCs. Both of my kitties have had Wen Fig baths and it took a long time to rinse ;) Both girls have been bathed since they were babies so they seem to enjoy it now. They know they get "treats" after and go straight to that cabinet, it's so funny. My older cat doesn't groom herself anymore and she has potty accidents, so bathing her is a necessity more often than she or I care to do lol. Haven't been using Wen on her recently though because of the rinsing. So, yes I will probably buy it when it comes out if it looks like it will be easy to rinse.

Scent wise... hmmm this will be interesting! Not sure I really want the girls to smell like anything too artificial, fruity, or flowery. Something natural and light preferably.

WEN: Shoulder length thick naturally curly hair, brunette with deep red highlights.
SKIN: Mid 30's, sensitive combo skin.

Rochester ­Shopper1359939989.074928 PostsRegistered 7/20/2011Michigan

I have little dogs and am looking forward to Pet Wen!

~Be kinder than necessary, for everyone is fighting a battle.~
~My Grandma's motto: Is it nice, is it true, would you like it said of you?~

jaxs mom1359950578.895236 PostsRegistered 4/18/2012

Concerns about rinsing it out is one of the reasons why I haven't tried the current line of CCs on my ragdoll cat.

chickenmoo1360007243.22071 PostsRegistered 6/8/2012Outside of Buffalo,NY

I'm more excited for this than I was for any stuff for *me*!LOL

My dog is ginormous but also ginormously dirty, but I'm waiting til the Wen pets line gets launched... I'm super excited because I want something that will be gentle on her coat--plus as I know myself, it cuts down on the amount of shedding I do, so I'm hoping it does the same for her.

Being bronto-sized, I'll probably need a gallon whenever I wash her LOL but Leonbergers don't get bathed very often if ever (She's happiest when dirty--I'm not so happy about it though.lol)

Can't wait!!!!{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

~Love my Leonberger~

jaxs mom1360016234.8135236 PostsRegistered 4/18/2012

Oh yeah, leonbergers are HUGE, and I was worried about the amount of CC required for my German shepherd LOL.

Our dog won't stay out of the pond though, so she gets baths pretty regularly.

Angel19481360107236.6774665 PostsRegistered 8/23/2008DFW Metroplex , Tx.
Since I had never heard of the Lionberger breed I had to hunt it up, man that is one big dog. I can imagine how much WEN it would take to give it a bath.

chickenmoo1360159541.3372071 PostsRegistered 6/8/2012Outside of Buffalo,NY
On 2/4/2013 jaxs mom said:

Oh yeah, leonbergers are HUGE, and I was worried about the amount of CC required for my German shepherd LOL.

Our dog won't stay out of the pond though, so she gets baths pretty regularly.

Haha! That's funny!..Mine never met a mud puddle she didn't love.lol{#emotions_dlg.biggrin} I've come to accept the dirt and twigs and small forest creatures falling off of her coat.haha If I tried bathing her as often as I *think* she'd need it, i'd be bankrupt!haha

~Love my Leonberger~

HappyDaze1360172182.15316795 PostsRegistered 6/13/2012
On 2/4/2013 chickenmoo said:

I'm more excited for this than I was for any stuff for *me*!LOL

My dog is ginormous but also ginormously dirty, but I'm waiting til the Wen pets line gets launched... I'm super excited because I want something that will be gentle on her coat--plus as I know myself, it cuts down on the amount of shedding I do, so I'm hoping it does the same for her.

Being bronto-sized, I'll probably need a gallon whenever I wash her LOL but Leonbergers don't get bathed very often if ever (She's happiest when dirty--I'm not so happy about it though.lol)

Can't wait!!!!{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

oh wow, just looked them up, BEAUTIFUL dogs! What are their dispositions like? I love love love big doggies!

chickenmoo1360179748.9472071 PostsRegistered 6/8/2012Outside of Buffalo,NY
On 2/6/2013 HappyDaze said:
On 2/4/2013 chickenmoo said:

I'm more excited for this than I was for any stuff for *me*!LOL

My dog is ginormous but also ginormously dirty, but I'm waiting til the Wen pets line gets launched... I'm super excited because I want something that will be gentle on her coat--plus as I know myself, it cuts down on the amount of shedding I do, so I'm hoping it does the same for her.

Being bronto-sized, I'll probably need a gallon whenever I wash her LOL but Leonbergers don't get bathed very often if ever (She's happiest when dirty--I'm not so happy about it though.lol)

Can't wait!!!!{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

oh wow, just looked them up, BEAUTIFUL dogs! What are their dispositions like? I love love love big doggies!

HappyDaze, they are just big teddybears! They don't have a mean bone in their bodies--excellent with children! they're known for having senses of humor--like mine **loves** to play practical jokes--stealing big honkin things like those speaker rocks from outside--and hiding them.lol they also make weird noises--you can google it--weird sounds like that fuzzy guy from star wars.lol As messy as she is, i cant imagine my life without her--she's just an absolute joy!! (except for the shedding and dirt--but nobody's perfect lol)

~Love my Leonberger~

kachina6241360198420.4816317 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004New Mexico
In my wildest dreams I can't imagine paying Wen prices for shampoo for a pet, especially when pet suppliers sell such fine products which are compatible with the ph of a pet's skin.

HappyDaze1360198552.98716795 PostsRegistered 6/13/2012
On 2/6/2013 chickenmoo said:
On 2/6/2013 HappyDaze said:
On 2/4/2013 chickenmoo said:

I'm more excited for this than I was for any stuff for *me*!LOL

My dog is ginormous but also ginormously dirty, but I'm waiting til the Wen pets line gets launched... I'm super excited because I want something that will be gentle on her coat--plus as I know myself, it cuts down on the amount of shedding I do, so I'm hoping it does the same for her.

Being bronto-sized, I'll probably need a gallon whenever I wash her LOL but Leonbergers don't get bathed very often if ever (She's happiest when dirty--I'm not so happy about it though.lol)

Can't wait!!!!{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

oh wow, just looked them up, BEAUTIFUL dogs! What are their dispositions like? I love love love big doggies!

HappyDaze, they are just big teddybears! They don't have a mean bone in their bodies--excellent with children! they're known for having senses of humor--like mine **loves** to play practical jokes--stealing big honkin things like those speaker rocks from outside--and hiding them.lol they also make weird noises--you can google it--weird sounds like that fuzzy guy from star wars.lol As messy as she is, i cant imagine my life without her--she's just an absolute joy!! (except for the shedding and dirt--but nobody's perfect lol)

awww, so sweet!! Sounds like a big love bug! {#emotions_dlg.wub} Big doggies are always such sweetie pies!

Page 1 of 1