Fashion Special Offers
157 Members and 13509 Guests Online

WEN

Does WEN work for psoriasis of the scalp?

Started 1356901104.413 in WEN | Last reply 1357018538.123 by psalm23

Do any current WEN users have psorias of the scalp? If you do, do you find Wen helps with the condition? If so, what do you fragrance do you use and have you seen any change in the psoriasis? I have thin hair and have never tried WEN. I have a scalp med I use from a dermatologist but it doesn't seem to be doing any good. I have tried so many store shampoos that are recommended for the psoriasis but it has been wasted money and lots of bottles of shampoo only tried once or twice. I really would like to see your feedback if you have the same scalp condition.

Page 1 of 1
buyornot1356902167.5932640 PostsRegistered 7/7/2008

Neutrogena T-Sal-it works!!!

2zbeach1356903706.862143 PostsRegistered 5/2/2005
I use Wen all the time, but 2 days a week before I use Wen, I massge Fluocinonide into my scalp and let it sit for a bit. This is a prescrption I got fom my dermatologist. Then I use Wen and problem solved for the week.

HappyMaui1356904814.597348 PostsRegistered 12/8/2012Maui

Do not have psoriasis but I have eczema since birth. Currently I have a very irritated scalp from SAM, it definitely is problematic for my skin. Gave it away to a friend last week.

Let me be clear: I purchased WEN for nice hair, not skin issues, you know - vanity. I first tried Fig CC in September and didn't notice a problem with my skin. Decided to try SAM CC because it is universal. Maybe it is ok for most people but not for my sensitive skin. Ordered the seasonals TSV and just started WVM CC last week, skin is getting better. Will go back to Fig after I use up the seasonals. (unless i get desperate if you know what i mean, itchy, burning, itchy, inflamed skin...!)

No over the counter products recommended by my doctors have really worked. Most of those products are just advertisements for some pharmaceuticals company. Unless someone has the same condition they have no idea what we go through. I am in my 60s and only once have I met a doctor who had any sympathy and compassion for what was happening to me and my skin.

Like you I have to discover on my own what works. People always say try this and that and they have good intentions, but, if you do not have these skin sensitivities the suggestions are of no help.

I hope your post gets good response. It is important to share. Thank you for asking this question and thank you to everyone who will share their experience.

And as another poster requested: in my 60s, white roots dyed, highlights, "ribbons" of added color, dry, curly, length to my mid back (my hair is my free spirit!) Currently using WVM CC; Fig- texture balm, replenishing treatment mist, treatment oil.

Minnieanne1356906516.9073 PostsRegistered 9/14/2012

Wow you people are wonderful. I felt very stupid when I posted the Question on scalp psoriasis but I am amazed at your replies. All I can say is thank you all for your responses. I have only been going to the same dermatologist for years, perhaps I need to look for a new physician. The one I have now just looks quickly at my scalp, mumbles a few words, writes out a script and out the room he goes. I can relate to you so very much Happy Maui and I so wish I had a answer to help you. You are going through much more than what I am and my heart hurts for you. I know people have also given me advice, they mean well, I just listen and do what I have to do for my condition. Your responses are just great. Thank you again for replying and I agree, it is so good to share our experiences with others who are going through the same ordeal/s in their lives. God Bless You all and I wish you all a very healthy and happy New Year. You are amazing people {#emotions_dlg.thumbup} {#emotions_dlg.wub}

Hilary771356906855.3334812 PostsRegistered 7/24/2012Kentucky
You may want to try the cucumber aloe oil as a scalp treatment. It has bergamot oil in it which is said to help psoriasis. Or maybe even straight bergamot oil, I think they sell it at certain vitamin stores.

Hair type- chin length, dark blonde with highlights, wavy, and thick with fine texture.

HappyMaui1356935236.1348 PostsRegistered 12/8/2012Maui
On 12/30/2012 Minnieanne . ...God Bless You all and I wish you all a very healthy and happy New Year. ... Happy New Year to you Minnieanne.

Last edited on 12/31/2012

Straughn1356977522.191 PostsRegistered 12/31/2012

I also have eczema around my hairline. I tried SAM and had a disastrous result, Pomegranate was better (it didn't bother me, but was not best for my fine hair), the Spring Gardenia one with the florals was a not good. I finally got a TSV with Tea Tree. Bingo- we have a winner! I can also use the Ginger Pumpkin and Summer Mango ones if I alternate with the Tea Tree. Basically anything with a floral aggravates the eczema, but Tea Tree is still the best one for me.

bruingirl1356980003.276742 PostsRegistered 8/3/2006Los Angeles, CA

I would suggest taking a list of the wen CC ingredients to your derm and get your derm's ok to use before trying wen CC's.

bruingirl

Live.....Laugh.....Love

pixie stew1356990900.2571260 PostsRegistered 1/13/2009IL, metro St. Louis

I have seb derm. Different condition, but still problematic scalp.

Of the reg. cc's I like the mixture of cuc. aloe & tea tree together. I find the astringency of the ca cleans my scalp better. (seb derm is oil issues) The medicinal qualities of tea tree are helpful, but alone can be too moisturizing.

These cut back on my itchy, oily skin.

It may not work for you.

Currently I am trial ing the kids (Rice) version with success and plan to give a review in the next week.

brown hair, blue eyes, med. beige be foundation: mom to 5 wonderful girls

Rochester ­Shopper1356996382.3874922 PostsRegistered 7/20/2011Michigan

I have psoriasis on my scalp... or, I should say I used to. 613 has actually gotten rid of my psoriasis.

Before using 613, I used Pomagranite and cucumber aloe, and noticed much less inflammation. But, after I started using 613, the patch size of my psoriasis started to shrink. It became even less inflamed, the flaking stopped and eventually, I do not have any psoriasis symptoms.

For me, my scalp psoriasis started in my late 30's and fluctuated in severity, but the derm could never get rid of it totally even after using all kinds of nasty treatments.

I noticed the irritation and size really started subsiding after a week or two of using strictly 613. It took over a month or so for me to start noticing the flaking subsiding. I never dreamed or expected Wen would get rid of it!

I didn't start using TT until my scalp was already cleared up from the 613, so I can't say whether TT alone would do anything.

This was my experience, and it may not work for you, but if you have tried everything else without success, why not go for it and try 613? HTH and good luck with your issue!

~Be kinder than necessary, for everyone is fighting a battle.~
~My Grandma's motto: Is it nice, is it true, would you like it said of you?~

psalm231357018538.05352 PostsRegistered 4/16/2008
Great question. I have had psoriasis for, wow, 40 years this year. I have tried everything but the absolute best for me is Paul Mitchell Tea Tree Special Shampoo and Paul Mitchell Tea Tree Hair and Scalp Treatment. I wanted to try Wen and actually got a sample in a beauty test tube but for me, it irritated my scalp psoriasis so back I went to good ole Paul. I have been using this combo for about 5 years now and my scalp has never been better. My Derm remains amazed at how great this has done and recommends it to other patients. I actually learned about the Paul Mitchell Tea Tree on board for psoriasis. For me, there is nothing better. Good luck to you. Psoriasis is a journey to find what works best for you.

Page 1 of 1