Back to School
34 Members and 10861 Guests Online

WEN

613 pump--how to open??

Started 1356654862.153 in WEN | Last reply 1356710185.353 by waterdragon
I cant get the pump on the 613 to unlock and pop up so I can use it. Anybody know how to fix? Sorry for the dumb question:(

~Love my Leonberger~

Page 1 of 1
ElvisShops1356655232.8534556 PostsRegistered 1/28/2007

These sorts of things are so frustrating. Aside from turning/twisting it until the pump pops up, I can't think of anything. I'm sorry yours is stuck. If you remove it from the 613 bottle, assuming you've inserted it into the bottle, you'll be able to work with it more easily. Good luck.

“When I feed the hungry, they call me a saint. When I ask why people are hungry, they call me a Communist.”
― Dom Hélder Pessoa Câmara, Brazilian archbishop

JeanLouise­Finch1356655877.2610219 PostsRegistered 10/3/2011

I wish I had a 32 oz. pump that worked on the big bottle of 613. Everyone I try (WEN and Philosophy) doesn't have the right threads or something so the pump won't grab and tighten properly - very frustrating when you consider how much we pay for it.

Hilary771356656262.1434809 PostsRegistered 7/24/2012Kentucky
Make sure you are turning it counter clockwise. Sorry, that's the only tip I have.

Hair type- chin length, dark blonde with highlights, wavy, and thick with fine texture.

golden331356658426.14239 PostsRegistered 5/26/2012

If you put already put it in, I would take it back out and hold the straw with a towel or something. I have found the key to opening the wen pumps to be unlocking them before putting them on the bottle. If I put them on the bottle first, the pump just twists and twists but never unlocks. Hope you get it fixed!

Tracy5001356661250.74387 PostsRegistered 11/23/2011

I always hold the "straw" part and twist the top open BEFORE I put them in the bottle. They used to frustrate me to no end. Now they work like a charm!

chickenmoo1356663564.452066 PostsRegistered 6/8/2012Outside of Buffalo,NY
Yay girls!!!! I got it...finally!!lol I turned it counter clockwise and it finally popped! My husband said something about 'lefty lucy' but that didnt help...I think it was just dumb luck that it finally popped.lol I'm definitely going to pop them before I put them in the bottle from now on!! Great idea! Love you girls--you're the best!!!

~Love my Leonberger~

Hilary771356663765.8874809 PostsRegistered 7/24/2012Kentucky
On 12/27/2012 chickenmoo said: Yay girls!!!! I got it...finally!!lol I turned it counter clockwise and it finally popped! My husband said something about 'lefty lucy' but that didnt help...I think it was just dumb luck that it finally popped.lol I'm definitely going to pop them before I put them in the bottle from now on!! Great idea! Love you girls--you're the best!!!
Yeah, your husband is right. "righty tighty, lefty loosy". That's what I always remember. Glad you got it.

Hair type- chin length, dark blonde with highlights, wavy, and thick with fine texture.

2badlabs1356664985.677191 PostsRegistered 2/1/2012Nashville,Tn.

this is happening more and more with me, I now save all my pumps that work,I wash them and put them with my wen stash.{#emotions_dlg.blush}

Do not judge by appearances: a rich heart may be under a poor coat.-
Scottish Proverb

Rochester ­Shopper1356673674.5574922 PostsRegistered 7/20/2011Michigan

I don't know why some pumps open easily and some are a bit of a struggle. Glad you got yours open!

So, Chickenmoo, how do you like 613 after all that?

~Be kinder than necessary, for everyone is fighting a battle.~
~My Grandma's motto: Is it nice, is it true, would you like it said of you?~

chickenmoo1356703358.7072066 PostsRegistered 6/8/2012Outside of Buffalo,NY
On 12/27/2012 Rochester Shopper said:

I don't know why some pumps open easily and some are a bit of a struggle. Glad you got yours open!

Rochester, I did a quick wash last night...normally I leave my cc on for a long time and remoist and oil and all that...it's normally a big production I do once a week... But the weather here has been warm then bam--freezing, 6 feet of snow.. I always get some dandruff as soon as the weather pulls this wonky stuff so I wanted to wash last night to take care of that.

The 613 smells absolutely heavenly!!! The consistency is different than the regular cc's...it's like a mousse instead of being thick like the cc's. I just washed, and washed again and applied some as a leave in and oiled my ends and used my styling creme and the 613 mist included in the kit...Like I say, much faster than what I normally do.

I find the 613 really brings out the curl in my hair. I have weird hair that can go either pin straight or 'afro' curly(even though I'm Swedish--go figure...). So drying with a diffuser gave me really nice curls...not too tight and not sloppy looking. My hair does also feel stronger and thicker...It doesn't feel weighed down or anything. Now this morning, when I styled with a dryer and brush, my hair behaves very nicely and is holding a style well without alot of heat from the dryer or using alot of VTM.

Just as an fyi, because the 613 makes my hair feel lighter, it is fairly "big" today.lol I didn't lift my roots to make it big like I normally do, it just got big on it's own. If your hair is lacking body, this really works great!! I'm thinking of stocking up on more of the kits while they have them because the price is amazing and I can alternate between this and my beloved POM.lol

~Love my Leonberger~

waterdragon1356710133.9172653 PostsRegistered 9/23/2006Sandy Eggo
On 12/27/2012 Tracy500 said:

I always hold the "straw" part and twist the top open BEFORE I put them in the bottle. They used to frustrate me to no end. Now they work like a charm!

same here Tracy - works much better that way!

Shiny medium brown hair, reaching towards my shoulders.

Rochester ­Shopper1356710157.644922 PostsRegistered 7/20/2011Michigan

Chickenmoo, Thanks for letting us know how you like it! I love 613! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

~Be kinder than necessary, for everyone is fighting a battle.~
~My Grandma's motto: Is it nice, is it true, would you like it said of you?~

waterdragon1356710185.3532653 PostsRegistered 9/23/2006Sandy Eggo
On 12/28/2012 chickenmoo said:
On 12/27/2012 Rochester Shopper said:

Rochester, I did a quick wash last night...normally I leave my cc on for a long time and remoist and oil and all that...it's normally a big production I do once a week... But the weather here has been warm then bam--freezing, 6 feet of snow.. I always get some dandruff as soon as the weather pulls this wonky stuff so I wanted to wash last night to take care of that.

The 613 smells absolutely heavenly!!! The consistency is different than the regular cc's...it's like a mousse instead of being thick like the cc's. I just washed, and washed again and applied some as a leave in and oiled my ends and used my styling creme and the 613 mist included in the kit...Like I say, much faster than what I normally do.

I find the 613 really brings out the curl in my hair. I have weird hair that can go either pin straight or 'afro' curly(even though I'm Swedish--go figure...). So drying with a diffuser gave me really nice curls...not too tight and not sloppy looking. My hair does also feel stronger and thicker...It doesn't feel weighed down or anything. Now this morning, when I styled with a dryer and brush, my hair behaves very nicely and is holding a style well without alot of heat from the dryer or using alot of VTM.

Just as an fyi, because the 613 makes my hair feel lighter, it is fairly "big" today.lol I didn't lift my roots to make it big like I normally do, it just got big on it's own. If your hair is lacking body, this really works great!! I'm thinking of stocking up on more of the kits while they have them because the price is amazing and I can alternate between this and my beloved POM.lol

I love 613! mine is running a little low, might need back up. Enjoy!

Shiny medium brown hair, reaching towards my shoulders.

Page 1 of 1