TSV(R) Preview
161 Members and 15722 Guests Online

WEN

How to spot fake WEN?

Started 1351090153.83 in WEN | Last reply 1359511375.857 by Hilary77

I bought some WEN from ebay before I found out QVC solod it. Can anyone tell me how to tell the real from the fake? Sorry if this has been addressed before but I couldnt find any specifics on how to tell.

Page 1 of 4
1 2 3 4 Next
Beachbum80­691351096278.143436 PostsRegistered 10/15/2012The Mitten

I bought a winter vanilla mint and a lavender. Thank you for the links {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

kcladyz1351119709.994034 PostsRegistered 4/30/2012

I believe the correct bottles have " friends do not let friends use shampoo" on the back bottom

GetaQ1351121624.34333 PostsRegistered 11/10/2009

Wow...I buy WEN fron QVC and didnt know about this on amazon. I checked mine and they look real, however, I have a small 6oz Fig that looks suspicious. I think I got it in the testtube...I'll look into it for sure..Thanks for the info!!!!

Instant gratification is temporary and prevents you from learning patience.

JeanLouise­Finch1351121831.17311045 PostsRegistered 10/3/2011
On 10/24/2012 GetaQ said:

Wow...I buy WEN fron QVC and didnt know about this on amazon. I checked mine and they look real, however, I have a small 6oz Fig that looks suspicious. I think I got it in the testtube...I'll look into it for sure..Thanks for the info!!!!

If you got that Fig in the test tube, I'd be confident that it's OK. You really need to watch out for Amazon and eBay.

Beachbum80­691351191318.41436 PostsRegistered 10/15/2012The Mitten

Received the WVM I ordered from ebay today, and I'm pretty sure its a fake. Labels are higher on the bottle than the QVC WEN, the coloring of the label is different and the pumps are different. Also it doesnt have the "friends dont let friends use shampoo" line. Is it possibole that these are just last seasons? Or did I really just get taken?

HappyDaze1351192020.7816709 PostsRegistered 6/13/2012
On 10/25/2012 Stephanie4570 said:

Received the WVM I ordered from ebay today, and I'm pretty sure its a fake. Labels are higher on the bottle than the QVC WEN, the coloring of the label is different and the pumps are different. Also it doesnt have the "friends dont let friends use shampoo" line. Is it possibole that these are just last seasons? Or did I really just get taken?

That doesn't sound good, Stephanie. {#emotions_dlg.sad} Does it smell like the original? Same texture? Maybe you could call Chaz's salon and see if you can email them a picture of the label and stuff to verify the validity of it? People sometimes really su*ck by trying to do stuff like this.

Beachbum80­691351193095.603436 PostsRegistered 10/15/2012The Mitten

The texture is very similar to touch, havent put it on my hair, smell is slightly less chocolate in the ebay version? I am taking pics of both and emailing them to the website on the Facebook page. We shall see. I also emailed the sender, waiting for a response.

MissKlynn1351195120.272537 PostsRegistered 6/22/2012

Oh no, sounds like the same differences that were pointed out in the fake SAM. Was the bottle of WVM from ebay sealed? Keep us posted!

WEN: Shoulder length thick naturally curly hair, brunette with deep red highlights.
SKIN: Mid 30's, sensitive combo skin.

Beachbum80­691351195288.993436 PostsRegistered 10/15/2012The Mitten

Yes both bottles were sealed. I'm so frustrated. Had I not ordered from QVC too, I would have never known the difference, I paid for 2 16oz bottles so I'm out a good chunk of change as of right now. Plus I dont know whats in these bottles.

I will keep you all posted. Thank you for your help and if this turns out to be fake SPREAD THE WORD. I'm a QVC WEN girl from now on.

Beachbum80­691351195712.623436 PostsRegistered 10/15/2012The Mitten

Just received this from Chaz Dean Studio

"We can confirm that the eBay bottle is a fake. If you can provide the seller info we can pursue this with eBay, though in our experience eBay will not ban sellers even those selling proven counterfeits permanently. We will add the seller to our watch list and shut down auctions whenever possible. If we're lucky we can link the user id to a mailing address and then pursue our own legal action against them. If you paid with paypal on eBay, you should be covered under paypals guarantees to get your money back. I'd encourage you to report the fake with paypal as well.

Sincerely,

Craig Register | Operations Manager | Chaz Dean Studio"
FYI seller is meshascloset.

JeanLouise­Finch1351197598.5111045 PostsRegistered 10/3/2011

Yes both bottles were sealed. I'm so frustrated. Had I not ordered from QVC too, I would have never known the difference, I paid for 2 16oz bottles so I'm out a good chunk of change as of right now. Plus I dont know whats in these bottles.

I will keep you all posted. Thank you for your help and if this turns out to be fake SPREAD THE WORD. I'm a QVC WEN girl from now on.

You can file a dispute claim with eBay, the reason being the item wasn't received as advertised (or something like that). You will need to return them and get delivery confirmation so it can be documented. eBay will go to bat for you with the seller and get the money (and I think return shipping) refunded back to your credit card or bank account. Don't just accept it and chalk it up to experience. This charleton is taking advantage and ripping people off, he/she needs to be stopped.

dkh1351197902.6631133 PostsRegistered 1/4/2011Virginia

Good grief! I had no idea "fake Wen" was being sold! So sorry you had this experience! Stick to Q or Chaz Dean site from now on. Good luck!

Living your life well is the best revenge.
Blonde, green eyes, cool with pink undertone.

Beachbum80­691351198075.303436 PostsRegistered 10/15/2012The Mitten

You can file a dispute claim with eBay, the reason being the item wasn't received as advertised (or something like that). You will need to return them and get delivery confirmation so it can be documented. eBay will go to bat for you with the seller and get the money (and I think return shipping) refunded back to your credit card or bank account. Don't just accept it and chalk it up to experience. This charleton is taking advantage and ripping people off, he/she needs to be stopped.

Ive already filed the dispute, thank you though for your willingness to help. I have to give the seller to Nov 2nd to respond and for us to come to an agreement. I will not sit back and let her get away with this. She has since taken down all her listings, and I provided the studio with her seller ID and the shipping address it came from. Hopefully they can get somewhere as well. I just wish I would have waited and ordered everything from QVC, but at the time I didnt know they sold it. It is a lesson learned and hopefully I can prevent some others from making the same mistake, and I am sure I will get a positive resolution with ebay's involvement, but its going to take some time.

MissKlynn1351198130.312537 PostsRegistered 6/22/2012

Definitely dispute the charge!

Can you post a link to the item you bought so we can see it, and see who is selling it! I haven't bought CC on ebay but have bought other things, want to know who is the crook out there!

So glad you posted this, GREAT reminder.

(saying this as I have two bottles on there now, authentic ones from the Q...just my stash got too big and I wanted to buy more FGP instead ;)

WEN: Shoulder length thick naturally curly hair, brunette with deep red highlights.

bruingirl1351198234.316918 PostsRegistered 8/3/2006Los Angeles, CA
On 10/25/2012 Just MeKP said:

I agree..file a dispute claim. You shouldn't have to chalk it up to an "expensive lesson"! It makes me wonder about people who say they've tried wen and had bad results...did they maybe buy fake wen on ebay so they could try it at a cheaper cost and that's why they didn't have good results? hmmmm just a thought....

Live.....Laugh.....Love

Beachbum80­691351198281.627436 PostsRegistered 10/15/2012The Mitten
On 10/25/2012 MissKlynn said:

Definitely dispute the charge!

Can you post a link to the item you bought so we can see it, and see who is selling it! I haven't bought CC on ebay but have bought other things, want to know who is the crook out there!

So glad you posted this, GREAT reminder.

(saying this as I have two bottles on there now, authentic ones from the Q...just my stash got too big and I wanted to buy more FGP instead ;)

here's the link, seller is meshascloset

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Wen-Winter-Vanilla-Mint-Cleansing-Conditioner-16-oz-Lot-2-/280997483288?_trksid=p2047675.l2557&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&nma=true&si=TnTHnrqac1NuOXi2hYiXtvl7E%2Fc%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

Last edited on 10/25/2012

bruingirl1351198283.916918 PostsRegistered 8/3/2006Los Angeles, CA

Just received this from Chaz Dean Studio

"We can confirm that the eBay bottle is a fake. If you can provide the seller info we can pursue this with eBay, though in our experience eBay will not ban sellers even those selling proven counterfeits permanently. We will add the seller to our watch list and shut down auctions whenever possible. If we're lucky we can link the user id to a mailing address and then pursue our own legal action against them. If you paid with paypal on eBay, you should be covered under paypals guarantees to get your money back. I'd encourage you to report the fake with paypal as well.

Sincerely,

Craig Register | Operations Manager | Chaz Dean Studio"
FYI seller is meshascloset.

Hi

Just wanted to say welcome to the wen forum and welcome to wen!

bruingirl

Live.....Laugh.....Love

Beachbum80­691351198686.27436 PostsRegistered 10/15/2012The Mitten

@bruingirl, Just MeKP,MissKlynn, and Happy Daze

I've been reading lots of info on the wen forum and see your names with alot of really good info!

@bruingirl - Thanks

And I've also wondered about the Fake WEN/bad product reviews and thought if people are doing what I did (and not finding out its fake) and using it, I have no doubt the results are bad, who knows what's in it. Too bad. And they may never know how wonderful TRUE WEN is. So glad I did a little research after hearing about Fake WEN. As soon as I opened the box I knew those bottles were wrong!

MissKlynn1351199652.222537 PostsRegistered 6/22/2012

YW, and yes welcome to the boards!

I see she is selling under another sellerID !! Identical to your listing under floridagranny1947. Don't like that she used a stock photo instead of actual photo of the product she was selling.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Wen-Winter-Vanilla-Mint-Cleansing-Conditioner-16-oz-Lot-2-/251173604820?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a7b1d0dd4

You should report that ID to the salon as well.

Also think you should post on his facebook page so people know:

https://www.facebook.com/wenbychazdean

and https://www.facebook.com/chazdeanfanpage

Thanks again for catching this, I trust it will be settled fairly for you.

Beachbum80­691351200528.87436 PostsRegistered 10/15/2012The Mitten

YW, and yes welcome to the boards!

I see she is selling under another sellerID !! Identical to your listing under floridagranny1947. Don't like that she used a stock photo instead of actual photo of the product she was selling.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Wen-Winter-Vanilla-Mint-Cleansing-Conditioner-16-oz-Lot-2-/251173604820?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a7b1d0dd4

You should report that ID to the salon as well.

Also think you should post on his facebook page so people know:

https://www.facebook.com/wenbychazdean

and https://www.facebook.com/chazdeanfanpage

Thanks again for catching this, I trust it will be settled fairly for you.

OOOOH that makes me really angry, but I cant say that I am at alll surprised, sent an email to the studio with new link (thanks MissKlynn) and posted both sellers names on the Wen by Chaz Dean FB page

Beachbum80­691351200806.38436 PostsRegistered 10/15/2012The Mitten

I also reported that lisitng to ebay as potentially counterfit item

MissKlynn1351205141.2672537 PostsRegistered 6/22/2012

So this gets more interesting. Not trying to meddle to deep in this... but by coincidence I noticed the items you bought from meshascloset came from Clearwater, which is about 10 miles from me. I had actually saved that seller thinking I might be able to save on S&H if I ever bought. The other seller floridagranny1947 says ships from Vegas yet her name has "Florida" in it. I looked at her listings and see she has some other cleansing conditioners with similar formulas to Wen under the name Luxure cleanser conditioner... so I googled it. Low and behold looks like an amateur website and the location shows a Clearwater address as well. I bet she's mixing up her own batches and selling under her own label, then selling the same formula as fake Wen on ebay. There's one called "Cocoa Mint"

This would also explain why she has capabilities to create labels and seal bottles.

If you want me to, I'll go egg her house or place of business. LOL JK.

Sea BEauty1351205271.253781 PostsRegistered 2/16/2011

I ordered FGP from Gunthy Renker, and the Q, and the GR has a stronger vix smell, the bottle color is darker, and the label goes all around the bottle which is different from the Q. GR has a 12 month expiration date on it, but I can't see one on the Q's CC. Q's CC has his wesite on it, and GR does not. I swear that GR is not the same as the Q's CC!!!

Is GR selling fake WEN?

Good luck Stephanie4570. Get your money back, and return shipping!! {#emotions_dlg.blink}

♥ Hugs♥ ♥Sea ♥

"Courage is required to make an initial thrust toward one’s coveted goal, but even greater courage is called for when one stumbles and must make a second effort to achieve."

Beachbum80­691351205576.55436 PostsRegistered 10/15/2012The Mitten

So this gets more interesting. Not trying to meddle to deep in this... but by coincidence I noticed the items you bought from meshascloset came from Clearwater, which is about 10 miles from me. I had actually saved that seller thinking I might be able to save on S&H if I ever bought. The other seller floridagranny1947 says ships from Vegas yet her name has "Florida" in it. I looked at her listings and see she has some other cleansing conditioners with similar formulas to Wen under the name Luxure cleanser conditioner... so I googled it. Low and behold looks like an amateur website and the location shows a Clearwater address as well. I bet she's mixing up her own batches and selling under her own label, then selling the same formula as fake Wen on ebay. There's one called "Cocoa Mint"

This would also explain why she has capabilities to create labels and seal bottles.

If you want me to, I'll go egg her house or place of business. LOL JK.

I reported both seller names to Craig the Ops manager at Chaz Dean Studios - He said they were aware of meshascloset but not of floridagranny1947. Meshascloset's package came from clearwater, I also gave the address to Craig.

I saw her other listings as well. So frustrating.

Page 1 of 4
1 2 3 4 Next