Labor Day Weekend Clearance
47 Members and 6753 Guests Online

WEN

Which type of WEN is best for swimmers

Started 1325781200.53 in WEN | Last reply 1329103094.163 by Rochester Shopper
replies

My three granddaughters ages 5-10 all have thick wonderful hair. They are all on swim teams and their hair is dull and stressed with all the chemicals from the pool Any suggestions of which products might be the best for their hair?

Page 1 of 1
noellec1325781622.767550 PostsRegistered 12/4/2011Tennessee

I'm thinking that if their scalp and hair is irritated by the chemicals, Tea Tree might be great and also Fig because it's the most moisturizing. Hope this helps!

37, Brown hair, blue eyes, 2 lovely kiddos. I use WEN, Mally, Dr. Denese, Josie Maran, and Philosopy

EstyWA1325782340.881578 PostsRegistered 11/7/2011
When I bought wen in the past and when it didn't work for me I was hoping it would work for someone in my house and because my daughter is a swimmer it did not. Chlorine doesn't just sit on the outside of the hair shaft and dry it out that way but it absorbs on the inside as well so you really have to rinse the hair with water after a swim and use a clarifying shampoo to get rid of the chlorine build up hopefully they are wearing swim caps as well. You really need to use a clarifying shampoo each and every time you swim in a pool (unless it's a salt water pool) then do a deep conditioner afterwards. Its no fun to have less then pretty hair but that's the trade off for hours in the pool everyday. Last edited on 1/5/2012 Last edited on 1/5/2012

Last edited on 1/5/2012

ValentinaB­on1325783301.7476934 PostsRegistered 3/18/2011

Cucumber aloe is the most clarifying so I'd recommend it for right after they swim (and the first cleanse) to remove the chlorine and then a more moisturizing one for the second cleanse (or for times they haven't just come from the pool) to help bring back the moisture and shine they've lost from the chlorine. Depending on what type of hair they have, Pomegranate, fig (super moisturizing, too much for my fine hair) or sweet almond mint (less moisture than pom or fig, imho, but still a good one) would be moisturizing ones I'd recommend.

DUH....WENing! :)

Bobbimom231329096735.7113 PostsRegistered 1/6/2006

My daughters were both swimmers for over 10 years. They used to put conditioner on their hair before they put their swim caps on -- the conditioner acted as a "shield" or protectant from the chlorine. I would have your g-daughters put a couple of pumps of WEN on before they put their swim caps on...

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing."... I hope you never stop playing!

Rochester ­Shopper1329103094.1634922 PostsRegistered 7/20/2011Michigan
On 1/5/2012 ValentinaBon said:

Cucumber aloe is the most clarifying so I'd recommend it for right after they swim (and the first cleanse) to remove the chlorine and then a more moisturizing one for the second cleanse (or for times they haven't just come from the pool) to help bring back the moisture and shine they've lost from the chlorine. Depending on what type of hair they have, Pomegranate, fig (super moisturizing, too much for my fine hair) or sweet almond mint (less moisture than pom or fig, imho, but still a good one) would be moisturizing ones I'd recommend.

I never heard Chaz discuss removing chlorine, but I agree with ValentinaBon. Her suggestions are most logical based on what the formulations are supposed to do.

However, I still would use a shampoo that is made to remove chlorine.

This is a good question. Have you considered emailing Chaz or asking on Facebook?

~Be kinder than necessary, for everyone is fighting a battle.~
~My Grandma's motto: Is it nice, is it true, would you like it said of you?~

Page 1 of 1