Guaranteed Delivery
35 Members and 17524 Guests Online

WEN

WEN for grey/white hair

Started 1301841942.553 in WEN | Last reply 1301874231.523 by I Teach Too
replies

I'm presently not a WEN user. I was really tempted yesterday, but the reviews about hair falling out spooked me and I backed down. Another thing was that I noticed that nothing was ever mentioned about grey/white hair. Chaz emphazes hair color fading,etc. but he never mentions what his products do for grey/white hair. My hair is unprocessed, uncolored pewter grey and I know from experience that I have to be careful of what products I use. Once hair turns grey, it naturally becomes coarser and more brittle and poreous. (I had a terrible experience when I used Frekai glossing products - my hair absorbed the color and turned yellow!) It also loses its natural shine which would seem that WEN would be a perfect solution. I know that I will never have swinging bouncy hair again (well, I can't anyway because my hair is short!! LOL) but I sure would like to have shiny hair again. Just wondering if any WEN users have virgin grey/white hair?

age 78, sensitive/combo skin, few fine lines, lack of firmness especially to cheeks, short natural (never colored) grey hair, brown eyes

Page 1 of 1
I Teach Too1301842088.4211790 PostsRegistered 7/14/2007Eastern Iowa...If you build it, they will come.

My hair would be white if I didn't color it. WEN works well for me. Sometimes I go a while between colors because I have blonde hair. The white mixed in with the blonde just makes me look REALLY blonde. However, on all over white hair...not I can't tell you how it will work.

I know too much to go back an' pretend.

bonnielu1301843268.4535908 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004Western Maryland

I no longer color my hair. I had not idea it was platimum and shiny. Hairdresser lied to me telling me all kinds of stories about my natural haircolor. I have a hard time in stores finding products for my hair color or lack thereof. I am having no fall-out, no breakage, no coarseness and no lack of shine. I think I have lucked out, perhaps genetically. I am not sure if any product would make a difference one way or other. I do notice that cosmetic companies IGNORE those of us with grey, salt and pepper and white hair. They try to sell color.

PatPrende1301844216.523687 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004Out West

I began using WEN two years ago on my natural white/grey/brown hair. I keep 32 oz pumps of each formula in my shower to use alone or to make my own WEN smoothy. Love the other products, Re-Moist Hydrating Hair Mask, in particular. I live in the desert, but my hair is shiny, bouncy and healthy with WEN. I will never return to shampoo, etc. Give WEN a try!

"A well-made buttonhole is the only link between Art and Nature." Oscar Wilde

gonnab1301845047.683188 PostsRegistered 8/10/2007Conn.

I have the Test Tube coming and that has a bottle of WEN in it - that will give me an opportunity to try it.

age 78, sensitive/combo skin, few fine lines, lack of firmness especially to cheeks, short natural (never colored) grey hair, brown eyes

ford12241301845284.2633586 PostsRegistered 6/7/2010

As I posted elsewhere, I tried WEN on my silver white hair. It made it look and feel dirty. I did not like it at all.

My hair is a naturally shiny and silvery white with some dark strands here and there. There is no gray. I keep it shoulder length and it has a natural wave. I am very lucky.

I wash it once or twice a week depending upon my social schedule.

I think WEN is mostly for processed hair and that's why it isn't mentioned much for naturally white or gray hair.

Whatsoever things are true, honest, just, pure, lovely, of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.

Will B1301848246.5172034 PostsRegistered 5/10/2006North FL

I have used Wen for 1 1/2 yrs. My hair is mostly silver, a little color. I colored my hair for a long time because the gray was so coarse but with using wen it is soft and manageable. I was having problems with hair loss until I quit coloring and started using Wen and now see very little in my brush. I live in FL and love wen also for the fact that in all of this humidity, I don't have frizzy hair. I also have lots of shine, my hubby likes my hair so much more than when I had it colored.

SweetySJS1301872806.6810 PostsRegistered 3/28/2011

Ladies,

This question was asked of Chaz on his Facebook account and his answer was: The reason gray/white hair turns yellow when using products is because essential oils have a yellowish tint to them naturally. Thankfully, there is a solution! The Tea Tree Cleansing Conditioner is recommended to be used on those ...with gray/white hair because Tea Tree Essential Oil is clear, whereas the rest are yellow. This means it should not run the risk of tinting your mother's hair yellow! I hope this helps.

The above was in Chaz's own words.

Hope this helps,

Sweets

I Teach Too1301874231.52311790 PostsRegistered 7/14/2007Eastern Iowa...If you build it, they will come.
On 4/3/2011 SweetySJS said:

Ladies,

This question was asked of Chaz on his Facebook account and his answer was: The reason gray/white hair turns yellow when using products is because essential oils have a yellowish tint to them naturally. Thankfully, there is a solution! The Tea Tree Cleansing Conditioner is recommended to be used on those ...with gray/white hair because Tea Tree Essential Oil is clear, whereas the rest are yellow. This means it should not run the risk of tinting your mother's hair yellow! I hope this helps.

The above was in Chaz's own words.

Hope this helps,

Sweets

Thanks for the info!

I know too much to go back an' pretend.

Page 1 of 1