Honored Contributor

I was signing a guy up for insurance...he was a little "strange".

I went to hand him a pen to sign on the line and he refused...he said he always carries his own pen because pens are COVERED in fecal matter.

It wasn't an insult towards me, he said. He held up his pen and said that his pen was covered with his fecal matter, but he was immune to the bugs on the pen. It looked clean to me.

Did I say he was a little strange?

Does anyone else avoid pens for this reason?

I always place a spoon in the bowl of jelly beans or M&Ms...as a precaution against all kinds of germs.

Did anyone else ever hear his explanation?

Honored Contributor

He has some issues. I'm sure he doesn't appreciate you thinking he is a little strange.

Honored Contributor
On 4/8/2015 brii said:

He has some issues. I'm sure he doesn't appreciate you thinking he is a little strange.

I certainly didn't treat him with anything other than total respect.

In fact, I helped him find a doctor and set an appointment so he could go and "talk to someone about his issues." His words, not mine.

Honored Contributor

I don't want to know what he does with his pens.

Honored Contributor

He could submit some ""strange"" claims.

Honored Contributor

i dont worry about these types of things, but i know a number of the people on these boards alone have a list of items they dont use or touch......

not picking up magazines in drs offices

always wearing slippers or shoes in a hotel room

bringing your own sheets/towels to hotels

never touching railings

only using a towel one time and then throwing it in to be washed

not touching shopping carts without wiping them down

not touching the doorknobs or faucets in a public bathroom

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor
On 4/8/2015 terrier3 said:
On 4/8/2015 brii said:

I certainly didn't treat him with anything other than total respect.

In fact, I helped him find a doctor and set an appointment so he could go and "talk to someone about his issues." His words, not mine.

So why would anybody else here "hear his explanation"?

1 in 4 people have some sort of mental illness today. It doesn't matter what his explanation is. It's irrational.

Honored Contributor
On 4/8/2015 brewhaha said:

I don't want to know what he does with his pens.

Well, we know where he keeps them. {#emotions_dlg.devil2}

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Contributor

He was strange to discuss the fecal-ful pen with you, however, I caught a nasty cold once after using the UPS man's pen to sign for a package.{#emotions_dlg.scared} Pens are germ magnets.

Honored Contributor

by the way, placing a spoon inside a dish of jelly beans or m&ms doesnt mean people are going to use the spoon OR that the spoon doesnt touch their dirty hands and then goes back into the dish.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein