Super Contributor

I like animals more than people.

I'm not here to start a war but since I'm a volunteer I have seen it all. Not going to elaborate but what the heck is wrong with people!! Sorry but this is a good place to vent. I have so much anger right now.

Super Contributor

Re: I like animals more than people.

Volunteer with animals?? Like at a shelter? My grandson volunteers at a rescue shelter.

Super Contributor

All I can suggest is grabbing your kitty or doggy and petting them. It will lower your bp.

Respected Contributor

For the most part, I agree with you. I am not angry with anyone right now. Its just that there are good/bad humans, but with animals, they are all good and not intentionally bad.

Super Contributor

On 4/1/2015 Cakers1 said:

Volunteer with animals?? Like at a shelter? My grandson volunteers at a rescue shelter.

What I mean is I volunteer at an animal shelter and I am so sick at what I see. Maybe I didn't explain my thread correctly. We try so hard to take care of the animals and then people come in and make up stories to surrender their own animals, etc. Lots of stuff that is bad. Sorry to vent but something happened today that makes me feel so down.

Super Contributor

Me too!

A house is not a home without a cat!
Super Contributor

So sorry for what you have gone through and seen, but thank goodness for people like you and thanks for what you do for animals. I am one who prefers animals to most people.

Honored Contributor

Thank you for providing care and comfort for our rescued furry friends, and for putting up with their depressing ex-owners.

Respected Contributor

We adopted a cat that ""came"" with our business and it opened my eyes to the cruelty that humans inflict on these darling animals. Goldie had been declawed and neutered but dropped off to fend for himself. We are heartbroken because he died over a week ago. Now we are trying to decide what ""darling"" needs our love. Blessings to you and your volunteer family for the love you give to these furbabies.

Honored Contributor