Respected Contributor

•• •• Who has tips on letting go of Anger and Forgiving? Why is it so hard? •• ••

I wanted to post this because it follows my older thread on the topic of people being so angry and resentful and unforgiving.

. (Kudos to you on your thread DooBdoo!Smiley Happy You inspired me!)

So to everybody:

Why is it so hard to "Let It Go? and forgive?

How do you make it work?

I think it's hard to do and I'm not good at it and would love to see some tips on how to achieve it. TIA!Smiley Happy

••• Please adopt don't shop ••• Save a life adopt a pet •••
Honored Contributor

Re: •• •• Who has tips on letting go of Anger and Forgiving? Why is it so hard? •• ••

Why is it so hard? Pride. I find that time and distance are the best remedy.

Honored Contributor

Re: •• •• Who has tips on letting go of Anger and Forgiving? Why is it so hard? •• ••

....til death do us part.....
Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Respected Contributor

It finally hit me that I was letting past grudges hold power over me. I never want anything negative to control me, so I learned to forgive. It's truly liberating. For me personally, I turned my problems over to a higher power and asked Him to deal with them. Wink Things seem to be working out just fine now and for me that was the perfect solution.

You have to finally 'get it' that holding onto grudges deteriorates your quality of life, not the other person's. When you can really grasp that, you'll make the necessary shifts in your thinking.

I wish you the very best of luck in your forgiveness journey.

"Summer afternoon-summer afternoon; to me those have always been the two most beautiful words in the English language." ~Henry James
Honored Contributor

Yes, in order to bring back the power to yourself/ourselves, it's better to try to elevate yourself/ourselves, move onward and upward. If not, the power and control remains with the other person(s). Because sometimes their goal is to make and keep others miserable.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Respected Contributor

Another thing that helped me was to realize that forgiving does not mean that you're letting other people off the hook. It's not saying that what they did to you is okay. It took me a long time to really get that.

Forgiving is about taking back your power and happiness. What they may have done to you is still rotten, but you're refusing to let it have power over your life any longer. People who hurt others usually do so because something is wrong inside of them. It's simply not your problem. Hopefully life's journey will teach them the lessons they need to become a better person.

"Summer afternoon-summer afternoon; to me those have always been the two most beautiful words in the English language." ~Henry James
Respected Contributor

I've always looked at it as what does anger and spitefulness and all those other emotions when it comes to being hurt do for me? They don't help me, they only continue the hurt and I certainly don't want that!

Honored Contributor

Revenge. An eye for an eye.

Contributor

Beats h*ll out of me!

Super Contributor

I think some people enjoy being judge & jury and executioner & won't let go for some reason.......it's like they're gettin some satisfaction out of holding a grudge over somebody's head........when I'm holding a grudge I'm probably being stubborn.......Nice thread OP.