Super Contributor
The verdict is expected to be released today from the Amanda Knox trial. Depending upon what the verdict is an extradition battle could begin with Italy.

“There are things that we don't want to happen but have to accept, things we don't want to know but have to learn, and people we can't live without but have to let go.” Author Unknown
Honored Contributor
I saw that....and interesting is us's double jeopardy stance...she was convicted then not.....good luck with extradition, Italy.
Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Respected Contributor

They're (the Italians) totally obsessed with Amanda. Usually I have a gut feeling one way or another in high profile cases like this, but for some reason I don't in this one. If they have strong evidence that she is guilty, then they should have used it way back when, but I don't think they do. I just think that they want it to be Amanda, so they're not dropping it.

"Summer afternoon-summer afternoon; to me those have always been the two most beautiful words in the English language." ~Henry James
Honored Contributor

I didn't think she had to go back to Italy, can they really come and get her and bring her back??? Yes, I agree, they are obsessed with her, and I wish they would leave the poor girl alone!!!

Super Contributor

Here's a link to CNN re: extradition.

This is a strange case and I still can't get a feel if I think she's guilty or not.

“There are things that we don't want to happen but have to accept, things we don't want to know but have to learn, and people we can't live without but have to let go.” Author Unknown
Esteemed Contributor

One can fight extradition.

That's what I would do.

Honored Contributor
I heard that the prosecutor has a personal vendetta against her.
Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Honored Contributor
On 3/27/2015 MickD said: I heard that the prosecutor has a personal vendetta against her.

Sounds like it.

Valued Contributor

Not related to this trial but after reading The Monster of Florence, I would not put much trust into the Italian judicial system.

I have no idea if Amanda is guilty or not but they did arrest someone else and he is imprisoned. She does not come across as a nice person, however that does not make her guilty.

Respected Contributor

If there was going to be a verdict today it would have happened by now as it is late night in Italy.

If the court upholds their last decision her ex-boyfriend will be taken to jail immediately. I've read he visited Amanda last year and wanted her to marry him so he could stay in the US. Since then he has changed his testimony about whether or not she was with him all night.

I doubt she'll ever be back in an Italian prison but she will also never be able to leave the US again.