Respected Contributor

••• Germanwings plane crash co-pilot hid illness from employer •••

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2015/03/27/germanwings-lufthansa-plane-crash-andreas-lubitz...

Prosecutor: German co-pilot hid illness from employer

The co-pilot blamed for deliberately crashing a German airliner into the Alps had concealed an illness from his employers and tore up a doctor's note that called for him to go on medical leave on the day of the tragedy, according to a statement from German prosecutors.

Police found the medical certificate and other documents during a search Thursday at the Duesseldorf home of Andreas Lubitz, the 27-year-old Germanwings co-pilot.

••• Please adopt don't shop ••• Save a life adopt a pet •••
Esteemed Contributor

Re: ••• Germanwings plane crash co-pilot hid illness from employer •••

I also read that he had a recent breakup with a girlfriend which may have been his tipping point.

Respected Contributor

I just heard that authorities found a ripped-up letter which declared him 'unfit to work'. That was probably the same or related documentation that he got from the doctor.

Also, he was set to marry a woman either later this year or next year. She abruptly broke up with him because she just couldn't live with him anymore. Speculation (which is all we have at this point) is saying that this act of crashing the plane into the mountain was his final act of revenge. In other words, "If you're casting me aside and don't want to marry me, then I'll make sure you NEVER forgive yourself for what you did to me."

Very scary and sad...

"Summer afternoon-summer afternoon; to me those have always been the two most beautiful words in the English language." ~Henry James
Esteemed Contributor

Whatever his illness or reason, it will never undo what was done. I feel the fault/blame is his solely. He was a sicko and his girlfriend was lucky she left him.

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Honored Contributor

Psychotically depressed with rage/anger components.....one doesn't get a doctor's excuse/note for a cold....he was physically in great shape....just internally a mess....if here in the states, the doc would've been mandated to report his psychosis.
Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Honored Contributor

I'd like to know if the doctor was convinced he should not be flying, was he under any obligation to let the airline know?

Respected Contributor

What kind of doctor wrote the note? Medical? Psych?

"The truth is like a lion. You don't have to defend it. Let it loose. It will defend itself."
- Augustine

Be Vigilent
Honored Contributor

On 3/27/2015 Lion said:

What kind of doctor wrote the note? Medical? Psych?

I think it was a shrink, supposedly he was under care for years?

Honored Contributor

Well....can ya say lawsuit? Malpractice?
Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Respected Contributor

On 3/27/2015 MickD said: Psychotically depressed with rage/anger components.....one doesn't get a doctor's excuse/note for a cold....he was physically in great shape....just internally a mess....if here in the states, the doc would've been mandated to report his psychosis.

Interesting.

••• Please adopt don't shop ••• Save a life adopt a pet •••