Respected Contributor

Venting....The Q Customer and Host

I am truly amazed that many Q customers are so concerned about a host being male or female, coming or going or wait, bring them back.

Doesn't anyone worry about the quality of the product they sell? How about how much that product costs? What about the warranty or even how long the product lasts?

I don't watch the Q for entertainment, I could care less who presents the product, I worry about spending my hard earned cash on something that is of quality, priced competitively and overall my satisfaction.

I just don't get it, I thought the Q was a shopping channel for which they want us to buy, buy, buy. Does anyone think a host makes that much of difference?

Valued Contributor

Re: Venting....The Q Customer and Host

JMO, QVC has long lost their focus of being a shopping channel. Between the endless same old items, the infomercial type programming; along w/the hosts trying to be a comedy act, or my BFF, I'm done. Time was, I always had QVC on as background company. When watching other shows, QVC was always the go to station during commercial breaks. Now QVC is no longer on my radar of interest to watch.
Honored Contributor

Yes, I think a host can make a difference.
hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

Yes I do...just like it makes a difference to some negatively if they do not care for the host or their style.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**Careful... I have caps lock and I am not afraid to use it.**
Honored Contributor

It's a shopping channel. They have to have decent hosts.

You say you don't care who you watch because it's the product that interests you, but many don't feel that way, and won't watch a host they don't like, so they will never see the product.

A vicious circle, I guess.Smile

Respected Contributor

If I find a host annoying, just like with any other type of programming, I tune out.

So, I think it is overall important.

Hyacinth

Honored Contributor

My adult daughters watch QVC off and on. They work full time, and have kids. They mainly watch during the Holidays to get their shopping in. They could care less who the Host is. They look to buy, that's all. I quit watching QVC 10 years ago because of yapping Hosts and even worse vendors. It did make a difference to me. I shop in peace online. I do not have the patience to watch 20 minutes on one product. Even when I turned a program on to see them explain it, because I was seriously interested, they didn't explain it well enough. Too much socialization for me.

My personal opinion is if you do not watch QVC for entertainment , you won't care. I know when I was a QVC junkie, oh my. I watched 24/7 and didn't always NEED to buy things. I just bought them because I saw and liked the item. But Hosts did matter. I noticed if they yapped too much non stop, I switched channels. It made me nervous.

I think many people outside these forums, just watch to buy a certain product. They don't let the host bug them, they listen and buy.

I think many of us have been with QVC a long time, so we have got know hosts, but the average person really doesn't.

Respected Contributor

The powers that be think that if people can relate to a host, they will sell more products. The want their hosts to seem like your friends and you will trust their sales pitch. If they get feedback that a host is annoying that could affect sales. If they get feedback that a host seems calm or pleasant, that host may get more shows or better time period. They feel that more people will watch that host instead of flipping the channel or just looking online.
Valued Contributor

I think hosts do matter. When I used to watch QVC, I would change the channel if a host was too annoying or boring. I haven't watched in so long that I no longer know most of the hosts. I prefer to buy on the Internet. No yapping.
Esteemed Contributor

Many viewers are lonely, on the computer all day and consider a host a friend. They don't care about the product.