Super Contributor

Do you cry watching those Humane Society and Animal Rescue type commercials? YES

Sometimes just thinking about a loved one that has passed will set off the waterworks.

Are you a crier?

Trusted Contributor

I used to be more of a crier. Those ASPCA type commercials make me feel sad and I can't switch off of them fast enough. I cried yesterday over a health issue. I try not to make crying a regular thing as I'm not one to wallow in self pity. Sometimes you just need the release and feel better afterwards.

Honored Contributor

Very, very rarely anymore.

The last time I cried was when I found my beloved aunt and godmother dead in her bed on a Saturday morning. That was three years ago. I sobbed and cried so badly the policeman who helped me break into her house (I had left my key at home)...was concerned about me.

I used to cry frequently when I was frustrated...and my late mom knew how to pull my chain and get me in that state!!!!

Now that I'm 60, I control what I can control and don't worry about the rest...I put up with bad working conditions in the past...I always wanted to "make everything work out and solve every problem." I often got taken advantage of that way...I pulled the weight of the whole department. Now I know that was a waste of time and energy. I work for myself now...in fact I now have THREE jobs. I no longer let one company or one individual control my livelihood...and I'm much happier and feel way more in control.

I wish I discovered this 30 years ago!!!!

Honored Contributor

I cry easily and that's ok with me. It's part of who I am.

I don't cry at those Humane Society/animal rescue commercials. They drag on incessantly and I either mute the commercial or change the channel.

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Valued Contributor

I don't cry easily. The last time I cried water was pouring through my ceiling from the upstairs but that was only for a minute until I thought of what to do. lol

Honored Contributor

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**Careful... I have caps lock and I am not afraid to use it.**
Honored Contributor

I don't watch the commercials. I think they are exploitative and I hate that.

Otherwise, I cry often because I think about the people I love who are gone. I think about what will happen to my children and grandchildren when I'm gone, especially my little daughter with Lyme (we are moving in together this weekend). She will not be able to keep the apartment when I die and will face the same dilemma all over again.

I try to take it one day at a time and sometimes I'm successful and sometimes I am not. I am a very melancholy and emotional person. I wish I wasn't. I am optimistic though that both mine and my little daughter's health will hold up at least for a few years. That would be a gift.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Super Contributor

I find that I am getting more emotional as I get older. Although I don't cry routinely it takes less for me to cry. I definitely cry thinking about loved ones lost. Sometimes I even cry at the state of the world.

Esteemed Contributor
On 3/25/2015 Justina rae said:

I find that I am getting more emotional as I get older. Although I don't cry routinely it takes less for me to cry. I definitely cry thinking about loved ones lost. Sometimes I even cry at the state of the world.

OMGosh yes! I've always been a bit of a crier and a very frustrating thing for me is that I cry when I get really angry. So hard to make a point in an argument that way, LOL.

As I get older, things that touch my heart make me cry too. This pic brought tears to my eyes the other day.

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines
Esteemed Contributor
On 3/25/2015 croemer said:

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines