Trusted Contributor

Can Men and Women only be Friends?

Or is there always something extra going on? This was a inspired by a comment I saw a few months back left under a Youtube video. The woman said she doesn't believe that men and women can be JUST friends. Of course this is assuming they are heterosexual. I've had many gay male friends but when it comes to straight males , well for me they have either been acquaintances or relationship type material. What is your experience?

A friend in need is a friend indeed.
Honored Contributor

Re: Can Men and Women only be Friends?

I have a lots of women friends.
hckynut(john)
Esteemed Contributor

Of course men and women can be just friends.

Respected Contributor

I have many male friends. I think people over-emphasize the attraction thing with men only wanting to be friends with a woman for one thing. We are all part of the human race and I treasure my male friends. I already have a husband and I'm not looking for another one.

Super Contributor

They can be just friends, and I think with younger folks it is even more common. IMO that's a good thing. :0)
Honored Contributor

I have male friends. Don't think my husband would approve of my having lovers, and my friends don't appeal to me in an intimate way.

Respected Contributor

When I was military most of my friends were male and tried to be professional.

Honored Contributor

As an adult, I've always had male friends. One of my best friends, like a brother to me, is 10 years older than I am. I introduced him to my BF and they married not long after, had two children and a wonderful marriage until she died. He has moved to be near his daughter, but he and I are still like family.

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Honored Contributor

I made many male friends over the years through my work, and feel it is possible for men and women to just be friends.
Honored Contributor

Absolutely.