Trusted Contributor

Why are we getting these ridiculously crazy ads on these boards? And why isn't WebMaster deleting them???? WM is always quick to poof other seemingly innocent threads or posts!

Honored Contributor

Re: Annoying Ads that are OT

gonnab, If you mean the nightly spam that shows up on (usually) the Health & Fitness and the Beauty forums, it's been going on a long time. It's been reported, and the QVC Social Team even responded on one of the complaint threads in Q Talk. I don't think they'll do anything to fix the problem, and I do feel for those who are unaware of the potential dangers of the links.

The problem is 2-fold (at least). There is no moderator (Webbie) on the wee-hour-morning shift (about 12:30 a.m. to about 7:30 a.m. eastern time). And they don't have sophisticated filters to prohibit new account from posting links to questionable websites.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Super Contributor

it's not the board. You might have some kind of virus that's causing the pop up ads.

Valued Contributor

I have never seen ads popping up on the boards.

Respected Contributor

On 3/18/2015 HollyDays said:

it's not the board. You might have some kind of virus that's causing the pop up ads.

No HollyDays, it's not a pop-up ad, it's actual threads started that once you open them are supposed testimonials for one great product or another with a link to take you to the product. They are poorly written and obvious scams and as dBd stated appear mostly in the health & fitness and beauty boards.

Honored Contributor

To me they are very clearly spam. I report them when I see them and they are poofed - if not immediately then reasonably quickly.

they are such a minor, transitory blip on my radar that they hardly register with me. But then I'm not on the forums at 2-3 a.m.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

On 3/18/2015 Buck-i-Nana said:

No HollyDays, it's not a pop-up ad, it's actual threads started that once you open them are supposed testimonials for one great product or another with a link to take you to the product. They are poorly written and obvious scams and as dBd stated appear mostly in the health & fitness and beauty boards.

Hi, Buck-I-Nana! Yes, I'm guessing that's what gonnab is referring to. Those who aren't here in the wee hours of the night/morning never see them. I think they've gotten worse over time, and I don't expect to see anything done to stop them.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

What ads

hckynut(john)
Respected Contributor

n/m

Super Contributor

On 3/18/2015 dooBdoo said:
On 3/18/2015 Buck-i-Nana said:

Hi, Buck-I-Nana! Yes, I'm guessing that's what gonnab is referring to. Those who aren't here in the wee hours of the night/morning never see them. I think they've gotten worse over time, and I don't expect to see anything done to stop them.

Sorry. I thought she meant pop ups. {#emotions_dlg.blushing}I haven't seen the ones you're referring to.