Trusted Contributor

TSV Ninja Multi Cooker vs. a regular crock pot or roaster?

Can anyone tell me what the Ninja can do that a crock pot and/or a roaster cannot do? Thanks!

Trusted Contributor

Re: TSV Ninja Multi Cooker vs. a regular crock pot or roaster?

Well, apparently you all don't know the difference either. lol

Respected Contributor

I think you can brown right in this Sue.

I ordered it....hoping I like it.

I hate cleaning my oven and I hope this thing will take the place of the oven.....and with the warmer (fingers crossed) weather coming, I won't have to heat up the kitchen even more.

Did you order it?

"People with closed hearts will always feel as though they are at war with the world." ~My friend Nancy
Trusted Contributor

On 3/12/2015 Lotus~ said:

I think you can brown right in this Sue.

I ordered it....hoping I like it.

I hate cleaning my oven and I hope this thing will take the place of the oven.....and with the warmer (fingers crossed) weather coming, I won't have to heat up the kitchen even more.

Did you order it?

Thanks for responding, Lotus! I hope it works well for you. I see it gets great reviews. It would be great if it could/does bake like an oven, but I'm always skeptical of these kinds of appliances that have a lid but are supposed to bake. Let me know how you like it.........and have a nice day!

Honored Contributor

i ordered this the last time it was a TSV.....and it is so worth it! you can brown the meat right in the same pot and then roast it or slow cook it. i use it for steaming . i steamed some shrimp in it last week with beer and water, old bay, and slice onions. you can bake a casserole. you can make a big pot of soup or chili. the ideas are endless.

it is definitely a great option when the weather gets warmer. you can make an entire meal without heating up your oven OR the kitchen.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Super Contributor

I posted about this on another thread. I bought one and just love it.

Respected Contributor

I was all set to order one last night until I read a thread in the Kitchen Forum about how the nonstick contains PFTE, which is the substance that is toxic to birds if heated at a higher temp. I just don't trust anything made in China with the stuff that they've been caught putting in their products, including pet food.

I'm hoping that they wise up and remove that PFTE for the next version of the Ninja. If it's toxic to birds, then what is it doing to humans? The Ninja looks like a great machine and I know that as a kitchen gadget junkie, I'd have a ball using it. I just don't want to take the chance at this time.

"Summer afternoon-summer afternoon; to me those have always been the two most beautiful words in the English language." ~Henry James
Respected Contributor

I ordered this because.............and this was almost grounds for divorce.........my hubs threw my ancient Technique 4/1 away a few weeks ago, when he was cleaning the garage.......yes, I have so many kitchen gadgets some are stored in the garage

I LOVED LOVED LOVED my Technique, which I bought from the Q also.......but the company no longer makes them and I used mine all the time.........there are some things I make in it I can't make in anything else.....well you could but not without a lot of hassle...........gumbo comes to mind, as well as grandma's green bean recipe....so I was pretty jazzed to see this one that had all the features the Technique had.....................raven

We're not in Kansas anymore ToTo