Esteemed Contributor

Unfriended on facebook for not going to a shower!?

An old (former good) friend of mine from work years back that I just got back in contact with months ago (around October of last year), unfriended my daughter and myself on facebook.

(Same friend that I made a post before about who I was thinking of helping being they were facing rough times, and some here warned me to be hesitant at the time).

Well my daughter and I think it was because of a baby shower she invited us to for her daughter.

The invites were sent on facebook and I replied for both my daughter and I because my daughter is so busy working and with 3 kids she hardly goes on facebook anymore. (In fact my daughter didn't know about the shower until I told her)

I replied we are sorry but we can not make it and why and said that I would be sending a gift to her daughter when she has the baby. (Figuring I was going to send a gift card so she could buy the baby what she didn't get at the shower, and they don't live real close to "either "my daughter or myself).

I was stunned because she was always very nice, and is very religious, but obviously isn't learning much @ church about being kind and having manners! I would never not talk to someone or delete them over an invite to anything..lol..

Oh and to top it off she kept my son on her facebook and her daughter still has me as a friend.

NO I wont lose sleep over it but people are strange!

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles
Honored Contributor

Re: Unfriended on facebook for not going to a shower!?

Oh, dear. Well, I believe we hinted to you about her, if I recall. Don't lose any sleep over it. Wishing you and your daughter well. Smile

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

If you haven't spoken with her, you don't know her reasons for unfriending you.

Honored Contributor

Maybe she deleted you because of your high expectations because 'she is very religious, but obviously isn't learning much @ church about being kind and having manners'.

Super Contributor

Some people love to use facebook to create drama...don't sweat it, it isn't worth it.

I have a whole 22 friends on facebook and only one family member is in that group..I don't include family because I hate drama LOL.

Honored Contributor

Some folks are highly offended about certain things. You were nice enough to let her know that you wouldn't be attending. Some folks just wouldn't show up. As I previously said, just forget about it, and enjoy your life. She will eventually 'come around'.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Esteemed Contributor

I'd say she did you a favor!

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Honored Contributor

Perhaps she unfriended you by mistake. Email her and ask, that is if you care to continue a relationship with her.

Esteemed Contributor

On 3/5/2015 SydneyH said:

If you haven't spoken with her, you don't know her reasons for unfriending you.

This is true, but she deleted me 2 days after I replied about the shower.

I thought maybe I should have replied about the shower by phone (and maybe I should have) but everyone invited was replying in the private message she sent addressed to a whole pile of people. I know this because I was getting notifications every time someone answered the replies and or asked what her daughter needed.

Oh well.

Esteemed Contributor

On 3/5/2015 occasional rain said:

Perhaps she unfriended you by mistake. Email her and ask, that is if you care to continue a relationship with her.

That could be OR. But she unfriended my daughter too but kept my son? Maybe I should call and see (not type, too impersonal). I don't know I will think about it. Like I said its not the end of the world or anything, I am just kind of stunned.