Super Contributor

What's a good natural medicine that can help relieve pain and other general problems (insomnia, anxiety, etc.)?

I'm just trying to think of some good, natural medicine I can take.

Super Contributor

Re: What's a good natural medicine that can help relieve pain and other general problems (insomnia, anxiety, etc.)?

And I hate taking pills.... I'd rather take it in smoke form.

Honored Contributor

Re: What's a good natural medicine that can help relieve pain and other general problems (insomnia, anxiety, etc.)?

I hear good things about ganja.

Super Contributor

Not a medicine, but I use music therapy for days when I'm overly stressed or anxious. Lights out, candles going and Sarah Brightman. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Sounds to me like you need to make an appointment with your doctor, that is if you have health insurance. You have too many things that are bothering you, and you probably need a doctor's checkup now...... No one on here is qualified to give you this sort of information.

Esteemed Contributor

Weed. I was really not a pot smoker since high school but I was diagnosed with Crohns and at one point was taking about 90/10mg oxycodone a month. That drug is highly addictive and it made it difficult for me to function. My GI doctor asked me if I have tried smoking weed. I hadn't really thought of it but I did after the recommendation. I went from taking about 90 pills a month to about a quarter of that. It improved my appetite too. I have always been a little underweight but at the point when my Crohns was worst I weighed less than a 100 lbs and I am 5'10". I was really too skinny. It helped me keep food down as well.

Now that my Crohns is under control, I don't use it for pain but I still have problems eating enough to keep my current weight so I will occasionally use it.

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Esteemed Contributor

I also know that people do use weed for anxiety.

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Esteemed Contributor

One more thing, it also has anti-inflammatory properties which is wonderful for Crohns patients since that is one big issue with us.

JFK
Respected Contributor

On 3/5/2015 ShowMe said:

Sounds to me like you need to make an appointment with your doctor, that is if you have health insurance. You have too many things that are bothering you, and you probably need a doctor's checkup now...... No one on here is qualified to give you this sort of information.

That's the very best advice. As for weed it's not legal in most states so I'd probably think to avoid that unless it's prescribed legally.

••• Please adopt don't shop ••• Save a life adopt a pet •••
Honored Contributor

On 3/5/2015 Irshgrl31201 said:

Weed. I was really not a pot smoker since high school but I was diagnosed with Crohns and at one point was taking about 90/10mg oxycodone a month. That drug is highly addictive and it made it difficult for me to function. My GI doctor asked me if I have tried smoking weed. I hadn't really thought of it but I did after the recommendation. I went from taking about 90 pills a month to about a quarter of that. It improved my appetite too. I have always been a little underweight but at the point when my Crohns was worst I weighed less than a 100 lbs and I am 5'10". I was really too skinny. It helped me keep food down as well.

Now that my Crohns is under control, I don't use it for pain but I still have problems eating enough to keep my current weight so I will occasionally use it.

It's getting the "munchies" that would worry me about weedSmiley Sad

How long is the pain relief?