Respected Contributor

Dramatic music and real estate: does this happen in your area?

We live in SW Florida, and if lawyer commercials aren't playing, we have dozens of commercials for new neighborhoods under construction. They are all the same: they show beautiful homes, beautiful people enjoying club houses and resort style pools and dining....and of course, let's not overlook the all important golf course! The hilarious aspect is the music being played in the background: it sounds like something you would hear in a war movie-I mean it's dramatic! My daughter and I were wondering if this goes on in other parts of the country. The music is so ridiculous: it seems that upbeat "happy" music would be more in keeping with the fun lifestyle that's being marketed. I can't help but wonder if the advertising agencies that produce these commercials test the music in focus groups.....the people participating in them must be depressed histrionics! Smiley Happy Poodlepet2
Super Contributor

Re: Dramatic music and real estate: does this happen in your area?

I haven't noticed a commercial like that. Now I want to see it. I live in the south east and there's this attorney at law commercial that keeps playing here where the guy is holding some type of rifle, and he says this is his weapon of choice for getting you all the money you deserve, or whatever. And then it shows an animated deer in the cross hairs, and he shoots it and all this money comes flying out...... weird.

Frequent Contributor

Poodlepet, you are sooo right!

In Naples, we have Lely Resort, Quail West, Fiddler's Creek just to name a few.

But the absolute worst has to be that loudmouth...Billy Fucillo!

Respected Contributor

Giordano, THAT'S HUGE!!!!! Smiley Happy Poodlepet2
Frequent Contributor

How about that tacky lawyer...with the ugly kids..1-800-sean king???

Respected Contributor

I haven't seen that one-but I see lots of John Morgan and his lovely wife.....I can't begin to imagine how much they spend on advertising...a la Fucillo, It's HUGE GIORDIN-HUGE! (For those unfamiliar with what we are talking about, there is a Kia car dealership that airs ridiculous amounts of annoying commercials and they always end them with the words "It's HUGE" )....on that note Giordin, do you think Mr. Huge married Caroline? About a year ago, there were hints....I need to get a life, right? Smiley Happy Smiley Happy
Frequent Contributor

Last summer I went to Toronto and stopped on the way to see Niagara Falls.(The Canadian side is beautiful, the U.S, not so much.)

We were in the hotel, turn on the TV....and guess who was on....Billy. He has dealerships in Niagara Falls and Buffalo. Same loud mouth, but no Caroline.

Speaking of Morgan, I wonder if Gov. Charlie is still on the payroll?

Respected Contributor

I never knew Mr. Scott was in the Morgan group! I knew he was a big wig in either HCA or HMA. I am sure the firm will keep his slot for him: he can't be a governor forever. Poodlepet2
Esteemed Contributor

I haven't seen any of those commercials on the Tampa/St Pete stations.

John Morgan is everywhere! Heard him half way to WV. He's "For the People", all those named Morgan!

Won't even address Scott. Don't want that nasty feeling in my mouth before I eat!

Glad you are doing better Poodlepet. Keep on keeping on!

Honored Contributor

See very few commercials. Only the ones I watch by choice. That is yet another advantage, along with "time shifting" of a recording device.

hckynut(john)