Frequent Contributor

Boring Question.. How to Follow? RSS?

I guess you have to download an rss reader. I did that but couldn't figure out how to add threads on here to follow. What do you guys use? I don't know if it makes a difference but I'm on my ipad.
Super Contributor

Re: Boring Question.. How to Follow? RSS?

The RSS feed here was removed. That's all I have to say about that.

Honored Contributor

Then what is the 'subscribe to this thread' button for? Seriously, I don't know (not be snarky).

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Frequent Contributor

I was wondering how everyone follows threads... esp their own. Mine get buried when I respond on others and I don't seem to have the brain power/focus to wade thru them all to find mine.
Super Contributor

On 3/5/2015 Bird mama said:

Then what is the 'subscribe to this thread' button for? Seriously, I don't know (not be snarky).

I don't see that. But there was a dust-up last year about posters supposedly subscribing to somebody's posts and stalking them; the Q removed the RSS function which was at the top of the page.

Honored Contributor

On 3/5/2015 pinkwblingplz said: I was wondering how everyone follows threads... esp their own. Mine get buried when I respond on others and I don't seem to have the brain power/focus to wade thru them all to find mine.

Well, if I want to follow up on a thread that I've participated in, once I sign in, I click on the 'my activity' area below my nic and see if I can find the thread.

Now, that usually works fine if I have not been running my mouth during a chat like the one I participate in during AM Style. Then I have to page through my own activity to find the name of the thread I am looking for.

I never did the RSS thing or the subscribe to the thread thing.

Honored Contributor

On 3/5/2015 Cakers1 said:

I don't see that. But there was a dust-up last year about posters supposedly subscribing to somebody's posts and stalking them; the Q removed the RSS function which was at the top of the page.

Cakers1, right under the last post in the lower right corner I see the 'subscribe to this thread button'. Is it just me?

Super Contributor

Cakers1, right under the last post in the lower right corner I see the 'subscribe to this thread button'. Is it just me?

Ok now I see it. That's for the thread, though. The issue with the RSS feed last year was that you apparently could follow a poster, not just a thread, so the Q team removed it.

Valued Contributor

The feature that was removed was to subscribe to follow posters. The feature to subscribe to threads is still there beneath the last post on a page.

Super Contributor

I subscribed to a thread once, but I couldn't figure out how to pull it back up. I still don't know how to. I do what another poster said, bird mama, I click on "my activity" below my nickname and find them that way.