Esteemed Contributor

For fans of the movie "Rear Window"

A new digitally re-formatted version of "Rear Window," with introduction by TCM, will be shown in theatres nationswide on March 22nd and March 25th.

Oh, my, am going to check this out today to see if it's coming to my city. If so, hope to get tickets, as this is one of my all-time favorite movies.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: For fans of the movie ""Rear Window""

Oh I'd love to see this in a theater.

Honored Contributor

Really? I am a huge fan of that movie...hope it comes to a neighborhood near me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**Careful... I have caps lock and I am not afraid to use it.**
Honored Contributor

Thanks for the heads up, sfnative!

It will be shown in nearly 600 theaters, by Turner Classic Movies, Universal, and Fathom Events.

To locate theaters in your area, you can go to this link and click "Buy Tickets."

Then, enter your zip code and if there are theaters in your area it shows them on the map.

(You don't have to buy the tickets, by the way.)

link goes to: http://www.fathomevents.com/event/rear-window

or search for "Fathom Events" and find "Rear Window" on their website.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

One of the absolute best ever movies!! To look out that rear window with him on the big screen WOW!!

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

Wow, thanks for the info!

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Respected Contributor

Yup! Bought mine yesterday & taking my daughter who has never seen it all the way through. The first time I saw it was at the drive-in theater because that was pretty much the only way my folks could go to the movies without the added expense of paying a babysitter. I think I was about 7 or 8 & probably didn't even stay awake for the entire show. In those days, movies got to the drive-ins a year or so after initial release.

For any of you who can go, I hope you really enjoy seeing it on the big screen!

Trusted Contributor

Love this movie. Thanks for the info.
Honored Contributor

On 3/5/2015 VCamp2748 said:

Yup! Bought mine yesterday & taking my daughter who has never seen it all the way through. The first time I saw it was at the drive-in theater because that was pretty much the only way my folks could go to the movies without the added expense of paying a babysitter. I think I was about 7 or 8 & probably didn't even stay awake for the entire show. In those days, movies got to the drive-ins a year or so after initial release.

I miss the drive in. With Mom having three children it was an easy cheap way for us to see movies in the late 60's early 70's. I still remember one night they did 6 different movies all in one night. Sundown to Sunrise. I stayed awake for five of them.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Respected Contributor

On 3/5/2015 beckyb1012 said:
On 3/5/2015 VCamp2748 said:

I miss the drive in. With Mom having three children it was an easy cheap way for us to see movies in the late 60's early 70's. I still remember one night they did 6 different movies all in one night. Sundown to Sunrise. I stayed awake for five of them.

Yeah, I miss the drive-in movies, too. This movie was at the drive-in a long time before you were around, in the 50's {#emotions_dlg.biggrin} I remember seeing Psycho & The Birds for the first time at the drive-ins, too.