Honored Contributor

Breaking News: Delta Flt From Atlanta Slip Off Runway at La Guardia!!

All of the major news channels are carrying this live. There was 3" of snow on the ground at the time of the slide. La Guardia Airport is now closed.

http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local/Plane-Off-Runway-LaGuardia-Airport-New-York-Snow-295187641.html

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Super Contributor

Re: Breaking News: Delta Flt From Atlanta Slip Off Runway at La Guardia!!

Thank goodness no one seriously hurt. What a fright it must have been for the passengers!

Valued Contributor

One of my pilot friends was working and posted about it earlier on FB...THANKFULLY nobody was hurt...

Fighting for them.( formerly EMTHeart)
https://www.facebook.com/ChicagoAnimalCareandControl/?hc_ref=ARQABXWGU0QxJ8S0etv9UWoAqEOZu1NXSKeSB0FeztlSRyGYWx17U1XqY_nz92D_IGQ

Respected Contributor

It's been on for almost 3 hours. They're digging up lots of retired pilots to speak. C'mon already.
Valued Contributor

On 3/5/2015 VanSleepy said: It's been on for almost 3 hours. They're digging up lots of retired pilots to speak. C'mon already.

I didn't even see it on the news.. I watched HLN earlier and that was all Arias..

Fighting for them.( formerly EMTHeart)
https://www.facebook.com/ChicagoAnimalCareandControl/?hc_ref=ARQABXWGU0QxJ8S0etv9UWoAqEOZu1NXSKeSB0FeztlSRyGYWx17U1XqY_nz92D_IGQ

Respected Contributor

On 3/5/2015 Alley Catvocate said:
On 3/5/2015 VanSleepy said: It's been on for almost 3 hours. They're digging up lots of retired pilots to speak. C'mon already.

I didn't even see it on the news.. I watched HLN earlier and that was all Arias..

I live in the area so it's been on from the first minutes.
Honored Contributor

No one was hurt seriously. Just minor injuries.

Honored Contributor

Who would fly during snow season, anyway? Business/employees, I'm guessing. Well, maybe they were returning from warmer weather and didn't know it was snowing over there.?? My motto has always been: If I can't drive in it, I won't fly in it. lol. Plenty of time during non-snow seasons for vacations. Regardless, glad that all are safe and well. That's the important thing.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

p.s. Thank their lucky stars that everyone is fine. That's the main thing........

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

The plane slid off of Runway 13 at La Guardia. You would think they would renumber the runway after this incident!