Super Contributor

According to Jill, "MANY" of us have Summer homes...

Yes.... This is a statement she made while hosting a show with Trisha Yearwood yesterday.

I'm sorry, Jill seems out of touch to me. I could be wrong, but I don't think many of us have Summer homes.

During the show, she also made references to Trisha's wealth. For example, "Now Trisha, you can afford any cookware you want etc...

Jill needs to tone down and keep in touch with her customer base.

{#emotions_dlg.mellow}

Honored Contributor

Re: According to Jill, "MANY" of us have Summer homes...

Haha!
Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Super Contributor

I didn't see the show, but the "wealth" comment is just a sales tactic. Joan Rivers did it also. She owned real, very expensive jewelry, but actually wore her fashion jewelry.

The other comment is well...Jill.

Honored Contributor

Well of course I have a summer home. {#emotions_dlg.sneaky} We use it summer, spring, winter and fall. Smile

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Respected Contributor

I like Jill but at times, in order to make a sale, she can come across as being pretentious.
Esteemed Contributor

I loved the caller they had on that show who said: I love you so much Trisha, my husband and I love you and have all your music, even saw you in concert once.

Trisha: So where was it you saw me perform?

Caller: (Long silence) Um,um, um i forgot, can't remember, um,um not sure.

I got a chuckle out of that and wasn't certain if she was too flustered to remember or just made it up.

Esteemed Contributor

On 3/5/2015 Preds said:

Well of course I have a summer home. {#emotions_dlg.sneaky} We use it summer, spring, winter and fall. Smile

LOL... Me, too!
Honored Contributor

She's not pretentious, she's just being Jill. Of course she has a beach house, her fast talking sales pitch has made hundreds of thousands of dollars yearly. In her micro cosmic world , I'm sure the people she knows all do have summer homes. I wouldn't ever buy any thing from her shows.

Respected Contributor

If she had said "most" have a summer home, she would have been mistaken. "Many" seems not to be off the mark given the housing boom when second and third residences were being scooped up by those who could and are still being purchased by those who have done well.

Hanging on to them was/is another story for some of those "many" but still, it's the younger generation who have less opportunity for a summer home unless it is kept in the family from one generation to the next. That generation and single-owned homes is ignored in sales pitches, they're irrelevant and that's what feels annoying.

Renting those summer homes is probably a smarter option, anyway. So pffffft to Jill. {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Honored Contributor

On 3/5/2015 Goldengate8361 said:
On 3/5/2015 Preds said:

LOL... Me, too!

Preds, {#emotions_dlg.laugh} Me, three.

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.