Super Contributor

Would you like to see women enter college and pro football?

I wouldn't like to see that. I would feel uncomfortable watching a bunch of male football players tackle a female football player on the field. It just wouldn't seem right to me, even if the women were in the same weight class.

I bring this up because there has been mention that Rhonda Rousey (of Ultimate Fighting Championship) may have to start fighting men because she is such a good fighter and keeps beating her opponents. But that shouldn't matter. She is a woman. She shouldn't be made to fight men just because she's undefeated. What about the men fighters who are undefeated? Should they have to move up to fighting grizzly bears?

Respected Contributor

Re: Would you like to see women enter college and pro football?

No.

Hyacinth

Honored Contributor

What does she say about it?
A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Honored Contributor

Umm no......

Honored Contributor

No. I don't really like football as it is. I usually watch it once a year...the Superbowl.

Trusted Contributor

I don't even want boys and men playing football, anymore. Too much is known, now, about the long-lasting consequences to their health.

Super Contributor

On 3/4/2015 NoelSeven said: What does she say about it?

She was on Conan last week. I can't remember exactly what all she said, but she kind of made a joke about it and said, "I wouldn't mind if it was you, Conan". She kept flirting with him. I'll have to see if I can look up that interview on youtube.

Honored Contributor

On 3/4/2015 LucyGoose said:
On 3/4/2015 NoelSeven said: What does she say about it?

She was on Conan last week. I can't remember exactly what all she said, but she kind of made a joke about it and said, "I wouldn't mind if it was you, Conan". She kept flirting with him. I'll have to see if I can look up that interview on youtube.

Thank you. IMO what she wants should be taken into consideration. That said, it's not an even match. Males have more upper body strength.
Super Contributor

I haven't been a big follower of Rhonda Rousey, but I know she's badazz. But yeah, Joe Rogan said the same thing, that it's not an even match for women to fight men, that males have more upper body strength, and they are just built different from women, different bone structure. But he also predicted that she (Rhonda) could beat 50% of the men in the 135 lb. weight class... or whatever.

Honored Contributor

On 3/4/2015 LucyGoose said:

I haven't been a big follower of Rhonda Rousey, but I know she's badazz. But yeah, Joe Rogan said the same thing, that it's not an even match for women to fight men, that males have more upper body strength, and they are just built different from women, different bone structure. But he also predicted that she (Rhonda) could beat 50% of the men in the 135 lb. weight class... or whatever.

We do have good leg strength. Good to remember for self defense.