Super Contributor

If TLC can have a show called "My 600-Lb. Life", then why haven't they thought to have a show called "My 40-Lb. Life"? Do not as many people suffer from that kind of eating disorder? I think I answered my own question.

Being severely underweight would be as extreme or even worse than being severely overweight. And how would the doctors on the show help the people to gain weight? For some people it might be a medical condition that they can't help and they are truly trying to gain weight and live healthy. And for some people it might be that they're anorexic and they refuse to eat. The people on that show would be so bony and skeletal and weak.....

I'm just watching TLC right now. My 600-Lb. Life is on.

Esteemed Contributor

I don't understand the backers and producers of such shows to begin with. I don't find that sort of thing 'entertainment', amusement, or viewing interest.

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Respected Contributor
The only show I remember was a U K show called Supersize vs Superskinny that showed both spectrums of eating disorders. I found it interesting because I have been on both sides of the coin. I watched it on you tube. I have a hard time watching these shows. Smiley Sad
Respected Contributor
Ive recently started watching my 600 lb life. Current,y eatching Trauma on Discovery Life channel. With 600 lb pound, i think it helps people thinking of getting the surgery, they see a realistic expectations of the surgery and that its not a quick fix. Long term, less than 2 percent keep the weight off. They also show people who are enablers and some people who are just self destructive. This is a show i never thought i would be watching, but I find myself hoping for the ones who have been successful and getting angry at the ones who do nothing to improve their lives.
Respected Contributor
Sorry, double post. As far as an eating disorder, i really dont want to see people purge.