Esteemed Contributor
Just finished watching the first season of the BBC series Broadchurch on Netflix. Also on Amazon Video. Second season starts tomorrow tonight on BBC America. Absolutely one of the finest, well written, well acted series I have seen in a long long time. Puts our American TV shows to shame. It is a little hard to take as it is follows the murder investigation of a 11 year old boy in a small English town. David Tennent stars and I cannot recommend highly enough. It is a 8 part series. watch the first episode and you will be hooked.
Honored Contributor

Unfortunately the American version on Fox TV (Gracepoint) was cancelled after just one season.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Honored Contributor

IMO, the British version was better than the FOX version. There was so much more to it than merely a murder story.

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Valued Contributor

Kathy, is the First Season of Broadchurch, completed in the 8 episodes or is continuous to further Seasons?

We are watching Doc Martin (another British show on Netflix) and absolutely love it.

Honored Contributor
On 3/3/2015 MomOf4 said:

Kathy, is the First Season of Broadchurch, completed in the 8 episodes or is continuous to further Seasons?

We are watching Doc Martin (another British show on Netflix) and absolutely love it.

DH and I are addicted to British mysteries and PBS carries so many of them. Have you seen the Miss Fisher mysteries, and are you watching the Grantchester new series, Mom?

Valued Contributor
On 3/3/2015 NoelSeven said:
On 3/3/2015 MomOf4 said:

DH and I are addicted to British mysteries and PBS carries so many of them. Have you seen the Miss Fisher mysteries, and are you watching the Grantchester new series, Mom?

Hi You!!!

We are also hooked on British mysteries!! Just love them. I haven't seen the ones you mentioned but we have watched Midsomer Murders, Murdoch Mysteries and now Doc Martin (my favorite so far).

I think the Brits do shows much more interesting than some of the stuff that's made here. I adore the majestic scenery in these shows. Just so beautiful and the characters are richly developed.

Trusted Contributor
On 3/3/2015 MomOf4 said:
On 3/3/2015 MomOf4 said:

Hi You!!!

We are also hooked on British mysteries!! Just love them. I haven't seen the ones you mentioned but we have watched Midsomer Murders, Murdoch Mysteries and now Doc Martin (my favorite so far).

I think the Brits do shows much more interesting than some of the stuff that's made here. I adore the majestic scenery in these shows. Just so beautiful and the characters are richly developed.

The Brits do a lot of really bad shows but we don't see them here. They have their own versions stupid reality shows, lame comedies and talk shows . BTW, Murdoch Mysteries is Canadian. I've never been a fan of Midsomer Murders but I love Foyle's War, Inspector Morse and George Gently.

It's always a victory for me when I remember why I entered a room.
Honored Contributor
On 3/3/2015 MomOf4 said:
On 3/3/2015 MomOf4 said:

Hi You!!!

I love Midsomer Murders! I don't think I've come across the Murdoch Mysteries.

Miss Fisher is British but residing in Australia, sometime in the 30s, I believe. She's very independent, dresses INCREDIBLY, dotes on her aging aunt and has taken in a young girl as a ward. Her maid turns out to be surprisingly adept at helping solve the murders even though they are both considered a bit wild for behaving on the same level as men. Cute, love the settings and period pieces, not violent, and Ms. Fisher has almost weekly love encounters {#emotions_dlg.w00t} Our PBS is replaying them late at night now.

I also love Foyle's War, the detective has come out of retirement after WW2.

Honored Contributor
On 3/3/2015 adelle38 said:
On 3/3/2015 MomOf4 said:
On 3/3/2015 MomOf4 said:

Hi You!!!

The Brits do a lot of really bad shows but we don't see them here. They have their own versions stupid reality shows, lame comedies and talk shows . BTW, Murdoch Mysteries is Canadian. I've never been a fan of Midsomer Murders but I love Foyle's War, Inspector Morse and George Gently.

I really like George Gently! Very different than most of what I've seen. I so enjoy the morality twists.

Valued Contributor

I had completely forgotten about George Gently. We did watch that and thoroughly enjoyed it.

If you want to watch a great American series (on Netflix) watch Damages with Glenn Close. That was outstanding.

Noel, I will make it a point of checking out the shows you mentioned.