Valued Contributor

Robo Calls From Your Own Number...Is This A Problem For Anyone Else?

My number of robo calls has seemed to decrease since I am able to block a large number of phone numbers using my new Panasonic phone....Comcast only allowed 20, I think

However, in the past two days I have gotten three phone calls from my own phone # and two were from the infamous "Rachael" from Card Services. I really hate robo calls. Many times, I am busy but run for the phone just in case it is one of my children, DH etc. I know, I should stop running.

I know we have talked about this over the years but thought someone may have found a creative solution.

TIA

Honored Contributor

Re: Robo Calls From Your Own Number...Is This A Problem For Anyone Else?

Ugh, don't even get me started on ANY kind of telemarketing.

But, while I've heard about this, I haven't actually seen it on my phones - yet. I've seen it a lot in emails where it appears that the email (to you) came from you. I blame the ISPs for this. There is no reason ANY solicitor or full-on spammer should know my email address and, even in some cases, my full name!

I don't think there is anything you can do about it. But I really hope I'm wrong. I guess you could block it anyway, since there probably isn't a scenario where you are calling yourself from your same phone number. That said, however, it obviously isn't actually FROM your phone number so I have to wonder if that would even work. oy, the things people do! It's maddening.

Respected Contributor

It is an ongoing problem for many -- this "spoofing" of our own phone numbers, so that we can't block the calls as most others.

Somehow we also receive many calls from "out of area" with no number at all listed to block.

Honored Contributor

I've never gotten a call from my own number. I guess I can't block that - very clever of them.

Any time I get a call from a number I don't recognize, I google it. Most times, it's a nuisance call and I block it.

Valued Contributor

I don't get robo calls from my own phone number but I get spam emails from my own email address. Thankfully, my spam blocker knows the difference between the spam emails and my personal emails so I don't have to block my own email address!!

Valued Contributor

Today, about an hour ago, I recieved a call to my own number, this was the second one I have received.
Honored Contributor

On 3/3/2015 MomOf4 said:

I don't get robo calls from my own phone number but I get spam emails from my own email address. Thankfully, my spam blocker knows the difference between the spam emails and my personal emails so I don't have to block my own email address!!

That's the one good thing, eh? My ISP also knows the difference, and that they aren't actually from my email addresses so it puts them in the spam folder automatically.

Too bad the phone couldn't do the same thing!

Honored Contributor

i have received them, but i dont let them be a problem because i never answer them and if they should leave a message i delete it.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

These telemarketers typical won't and don't leave voice messages so if you get a caller come up on your display that you know is not anyone you wish to or plan to speak with then don't answer....:-)

Valued Contributor

LexPex, I need a phone like yours. I googled but could only find UK sellers for a Panasonic phone w/call block.

Where did you find it? Can you share the model #?